Author Topic: Obamacare disaster  (Read 711 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Obamacare disaster
« on: June 07, 2016, 11:38:51 pm »
Obamacare disaster

I hope this is appropriate to post. It is a fb post from a friend of a friend who I know to be legit.

-------

It's tough enough battling a relentlessly degenerative and debilitating disease that is invisible - without the insurance company and govt piling on. I just received a letter from the wonderful people at United Healthcare. They begin by assuring me that I am a "valued member" and they thank me for the "opportunity to assist" me. What they really value is the $1500 per month they get in premiums for providing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in return.

Today, I learned that as of July 1st they will no longer cover my insulin prescriptions (the cheapest on the market) - OR ANY OTHER INSULIN as a tier 1 prescription - even though the actual pricing has not increased to them. The net effect is that my cost for something I need to stay alive is going up 800% next month. I am not alone folks. THIS AFFECTS ALL OF US! Why? Read on.

They are claiming this is according to the FDA increasing the classification levels of insulin and other commonly prescribed drugs because the poor insurance companies are losing money on Obamacare in other areas. This is one way they can make up on the losses. In other words they know that Type 1 & 2 diabetics MUST have insulin or die, so they know we will have to buy it regardless of the cost - even though insulin has NOTHING to do with the skyrocketing costs of Obamacare. We are just an easy target.

Let me recap. The govt has held a gun to our head and forced us to buy overpriced, worthless insurance coverage, for things we don't need, from a non-competitive, monopolistic marketplace where only one or two companies control everyone and everything and run unchecked. Then when THEIR plan crashes and burns, they screw BOTH the policy holders AND the taxpayers, with enormous premium increases, huge deductibles and worthless coverage - plus now bailouts in the form of mandates from the FDA in the form of policy changes which eliminate coverage altogether for the most vulnerable. In essence, they have created defacto death panels by this decision. Welcome to the rebirth of the Soviet Union or George Orwell's 1984.

This should weigh VERY HEAVILY on everyone's mind in November. Obamacare CANNOT be sustained, regardless of what the Democrats say. This is the beginning of a much bigger crash if we keep up the Uncle Sam sugar daddy routine. WAKE UP!

Offline SquirrelCutter

• Hey Moe, I'm tryin' to think but nothin' happens!
    • My homepage over on FR, if things continue as current I may find a new host.
Re: Obamacare disaster
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 12:01:09 am »
It's all about going "single-payer" so the government controls all healthcare. You own guns, no insulin for you. White by birth, fuggedabboudditt.

Illegal meskin with a criminal record, step right up, we got a heart transplant for you. Hard working legal taxpayer, get in line for your sex reassignment surgery.
"Do right, and risk the consequences" -- Old Sam Houston

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

I tend to say what I think, sometimes before I think.

And, as always, my opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 12:09:55 am »
It's all about putting people into such a dangerous state that they will welcome single payer socialized medicine.

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 12:25:17 am »
Obamacare disaster

Obamacare was never about reducing costs and expanding access due to lower costs. It was all about shifting costs to those who already paid their way. Just more "free" stuff at someone else's expense. Social spending will eventually consume everything leaving a broken country in its wake.