Author Topic: Trump Fires Back After Bible Accuses Him Of Not Being Christian  (Read 2882 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
 Trump Fires Back After Bible Accuses Him Of Not Being Christian

http://babylonbee.com/news/trump-fires-back-bible-accuses-not-christian/
June 4, 2016

NEW YORK, NY—Responding to numerous statements which don’t mention him by name but are widely believed to include him in their intended audience, Donald Trump, Republican presidential candidate and self-described Presbyterian, fired back at the Holy Bible Saturday after it reportedly accused him of not being a Christian.

“I’ve said many times that I greatly appreciate the Bible, it has served us well, but folks, we can do better,” Trump said in a video shared on his Facebook page, adding that the Scriptures are “millions of years old and weak, so weak,” attributes he implied are to blame for Christianity’s perceived decline in America and why ISIS is “chopping off Christian heads.”

“‘Has-Been Bible’ says I’m not a Christian, but that is a lie, folks. I am a tremendous Christian—the very best,” Trump assured the nation. “These numerous verses from the Bible—which, by the way, doesn’t even have the courage to address me by name—but these verses that try to paint me as somehow un-Christian, they’re ridiculous and false, and it’s pathetic, really. It’s sad!”

Pressed for comment, the Holy Bible released a one-sentence statement: “You will know them by their fruits.”

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline the_doc

Re: Trump Fires Back After Bible Accuses Him Of Not Being Christian
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 04:23:58 pm »

“I’ve said many times that I greatly appreciate the Bible, it has served us well, but folks, we can do better,” Trump said in a video shared on his Facebook page, adding that the Scriptures are “millions of years old and weak, so weak,” attributes he implied are to blame for Christianity’s perceived decline in America and why ISIS is “chopping off Christian heads.”

“‘Has-Been Bible’ says I’m not a Christian, but that is a lie, folks. I am a tremendous Christian—the very best,” Trump assured the nation. “These numerous verses from the Bible—which, by the way, doesn’t even have the courage to address me by name—but these verses that try to paint me as somehow un-Christian, they’re ridiculous and false, and it’s pathetic, really. It’s sad!”

Pressed for comment, the Holy Bible released a one-sentence statement: “You will know them by their fruits.”

WOW!  That is a hilarious post, L9teen!  Of course, Trump does not appreciate his own farce.

(Are you sure this stuff isn't from the Onion?)

Side note to Jerry Falwell, Jr.:  Do you still think Trump is a "God-fearing man?"   If you do, are all of today's dispensational fundamentalists as dense concerning true Christianity as you are?

Offline markomalley

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 04:29:24 pm »

http://babylonbee.com/news/trump-fires-back-bible-accuses-not-christian/
June 4, 2016

NEW YORK, NY—Responding to numerous statements which don’t mention him by name but are widely believed to include him in their intended audience, Donald Trump, Republican presidential candidate and self-described Presbyterian, fired back at the Holy Bible Saturday after it reportedly accused him of not being a Christian.

Trump fires back after Bible accuses him of not being Christian

Official Trump Surrogate reaction:

This is nothing but an attack by God. What a looooooosssssseeeeerrrr. Lyin God. Crooked God. Obviously in the tank with the globalist NWO just like Lyin Ted. Mr. Trump will bury him!!!

(/sarc...maybe)

Offline the_doc

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »
Official Trump Surrogate reaction:

(/sarc...maybe)

Another great post!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:53:06 pm »
In other news, Mr. Trump was seen speaking with  the Koran to try and get a better deal............

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 04:53:11 pm »
LOL, the sad part is he is so reactionary and juvenile in his approach, he probably could be tricked into doing something like this on twitter or in the media, simply by making comments to him that are actually Bible quotes- just don't attribute the quote to the Bible-- just make the statement and sit back to watch him react.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 06:15:35 pm »
WOW!  That is a hilarious post, L9teen!  Of course, Trump does not appreciate his own farce.

(Are you sure this stuff isn't from the Onion?)

I heard about this article and website from Steve Deace.  Apparently it's the "Christian" version of The Onion.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 06:29:14 pm »
This past easter Trump tweeted this:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The reason Jesus paid for the sins of haters and losers with his blood is because Jesus just wasn’t a very good negotiator.
-Donald Trump
8:02 AM - 27- March 2016 · Manhattan, NY, United States

*<,/s>
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:30:08 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »

The reason Jesus paid for the sins of haters and losers with his blood is because Jesus just wasn’t a very good negotiator.
-Donald Trump

*<,/s>
:seeya:

Offline markomalley

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 07:19:29 pm »

-Donald Trump

*<,/s>

Darned shame that you couldn't mock up a screenshot of such a tweet. lol.

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 08:18:18 pm »

I don't has the skills...maybe one of the experts could take a shot at it..  :)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2016, 08:24:29 pm »

not that hard (I deliberately made it an obvious fake so it didn't get spread around)

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2016, 08:28:00 pm »
not that hard (I deliberately made it an obvious fake so it didn't get spread around)

Hoh Boy...  A trump thug will pay me a visit now.  Thanks Broh! :police:

debrawiest

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 08:43:43 pm »
I heard about this article and website from Steve Deace.  Apparently it's the "Christian" version of The Onion.

The Babylon Bee is a fantastic and hilarious site. If there's anything nefarious going on in the "religious" world, BB will report it. Fortunately for them, there's always someone somewhere who is twisting Scripture.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:50:54 am by debrawiest »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 02:37:49 am »
The GOPe financed the publishing of those Bibles, didn't they? More globalist B.S. and lies.

—certain posters here
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2016, 04:39:31 am »
The GOPe financed the publishing of those Bibles, didn't they? More globalist B.S. and lies.

—certain posters here
Well, DUH! The whole Christian thing is a Globalist Conspiracy! (just not like he thinks).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis