Author Topic: Pat Buchanan: The Donald & The La Raza Judge  (Read 12421 times)

Offline Mesaclone

Re: Pat Buchanan: The Donald & The La Raza Judge
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2016, 07:21:43 pm »
This is not so complicated. The judge is a member of a La Raza organization, and as such his impartiality is in question when hearing a case from someone who is the nation's strongest advocate against illegal immigration. This is not the same as having the level of evidence for a lawyer to file a formal recusal demand, but it certainly enough that anyone with common sense would question the propriety of his overseeing this case. That La Raza connection cannot be overstated, as it is an attachment to a group that deliberately titles itself after a nomenclature "The Race" that is deeply connotative not only of racism generally, but of a specific agenda regarding amnesty for all illegal immigrants...and worse...the forcible return of the Southwestern portion of the United States to Mexico.

While the judge himself may or may not support all aspects of the La Raza agenda, and while the La Raza Lawyers Association is not the same as the National La Raza Council...though it makes sure to link to the La Raza Council from its own webpage...he is tainted, at a minimum, with the appearance of impropriety. Were he a truly principled judge, he would voluntarily recuse himself...something judges often do when evidence is insufficient to force their legal removal from a case, but in which the appearance of bias is notable.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2016, 07:25:50 pm »
This is not so complicated. The judge is a member of a La Raza organization, and as such his impartiality is in question when hearing a case from someone who is the nation's strongest advocate against illegal immigration. This is not the same as having the level of evidence for a lawyer to file a formal recusal demand, but it certainly enough that anyone with common sense would question the propriety of his overseeing this case. That La Raza connection cannot be overstated, as it is an attachment to a group that deliberately titles itself after a nomenclature "The Race" that is deeply connotative not only of racism generally, but of a specific agenda regarding amnesty for all illegal immigrants...and worse...the forcible return of the Southwestern portion of the United States to Mexico.

While the judge himself may or may not support all aspects of the La Raza agenda, and while the La Raza Lawyers Association is not the same as the National La Raza Council...though it makes sure to link to the La Raza Council from its own webpage...he is tainted, at a minimum, with the appearance of impropriety. Were he a truly principled judge, he would voluntarily recuse himself...something judges often do when evidence is insufficient to force their legal removal from a case, but in which the appearance of bias is notable.

You do realize don't you that the Liberals...as they always do with stuff like this...will wait until one of their pet causes comes before a Conservative leaning judge...and God forbid he's ever taken TEA Party money for his election campaign...or spoken at a Prayer Breakfast or been caught reading "The Way Things Ought To Be"...they will roar "BIAS!!!"...and unlike what Trump is attempting to do poisoning the well with his race baiting...the Liberals will be successful and the Judge will be lucky not to be disbarred when it's all over.

Laugh at this now...but anyone who's studied the Radical Liberal Left know this will happen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2016, 07:26:10 pm »

Let's shorten your rambling screed:  you got nothing, and what you've got is bullshit.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2016, 07:29:18 pm »

Your statement is accurate as far as it goes. But you're leaving off one important point.

Trump didn't go after the judge based upon his memberships, he went after the judge based upon his ethnicity. It has principally been Trump's apologists who have pointed out the potential conflicts of interest, not Trump himself. Trump has, in fact, doubled down on it and he has also instructed his surrogates to go on the attack in re: this judge.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2016, 07:32:02 pm »
Soooo...I wonder if the Trumpers here will turn their anger now to one of Trumps bigger supporters on Fox News...Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Reason...she's an admitted member of the La Raza Lawyer’s Association.

This one should be fun to watch them spin.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2016, 07:51:38 pm »

Here's the problem -- there are a ton of associations for female lawyers/judges, and the same for black lawyers/judges.  If you dig into what most of those groups have said at one time or another, there's a very good case to be made that they evince an institutional bias/preference for members of their own groups.  It's rather amazing -- some of the women law associations openly encourage their members to hire more female attorneys, promote them, give them better cases, etc..  It's out and out advocacy for gender discrimination, but it's the norm.  I actually resigned my partnership in a large firm because some young male associates were getting the absolute shaft because they were not female, and the firm wanted more female partners so they were openly funneling the best work to them.

Anyway, my point is that if this judge were to recuse himself for membership in La Raza, I don't think there's a principled reason to not also seek recusal of judges who are members of the NAACP or various Women in Law organizations.  Maybe the correct answer is that they should all recuse themselves in cases where those beliefs may be at issue, but the fact is that it never happens, so expecting this judge to recuse himself simply because of membership in La Raza is unrealistic, and perhaps unfair.

I think if you're going to seek/expect recusal, the key is to find specific statements or actions by the judge that show that he personally supports beliefs that are objectionable.  After all, a whole bunch of people join professional organizations not because they necessarily ascribe to the views, but simply for basic networking.  So if I judge has made specific public statements on an issue, whether in a speech to La Raza or otherwise fine.  I just don't think membership alone can, or should, get you there.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2016, 07:52:48 pm »
The judge is a member of a La Raza organization, and as such his impartiality is in question when hearing a case from someone who is the nation's strongest advocate against illegal immigration. This is not the same as having the level of evidence for a lawyer to file a formal recusal demand

Trump's argument has been the judge's ethnicity, not his membership in a La Raza organization.  But if even the membership is insufficient evidence to move for recusal then Trump should drop the issue.  No legitimate purpose is served in continuing to generate public controversy where evidence is lacking.
James 1:20

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2016, 08:36:00 pm »
Zionist?  WTF?  Did you come straight here from stormfront?
So if you use the word Zionist you're associated with Stormfront? You guys are such fools.

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2016, 08:44:16 pm »
This is simple. The judge is a member of La Raza. He shouldn't be anywhere near anything having to do with Trump. Imagine if there were a trial for some guy associated with Black Lives Matter, and the judge was a member of the KKK. Would you be fine with that?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2016, 08:52:43 pm »
So if you use the word Zionist you're associated with Stormfront? You guys are such fools.
When "Zionist" is used by anybody as a pejorative, I often associate the speaker with stormfront.  If they also use the term "Cuck" then I am positive.
But if you want to rebuke the knuckle dragging mouth breathers at sf I'll entertain the possibility that I am wrong.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2016, 08:53:07 pm »
You do realize don't you that the Liberals...as they always do with stuff like this...will wait until one of their pet causes comes before a Conservative leaning judge...and God forbid he's ever taken TEA Party money for his election campaign...or spoken at a Prayer Breakfast or been caught reading "The Way Things Ought To Be"...they will roar "BIAS!!!"...and unlike what Trump is attempting to do poisoning the well with his race baiting...the Liberals will be successful and the Judge will be lucky not to be disbarred when it's all over.

Laugh at this now...but anyone who's studied the Radical Liberal Left know this will happen.

The problem is that the moral equivalent to La Raza is not the Tea Party, or the NAACP, or even the Feminist movement...so to make an apt comparison the "liberals" would have to have a conservative judge with connections to the Klan or the Aryan Nation or some other patently racist group. What Trump is doing is pointing that anyone who is a member of a group like La Raza...or Aryan Nation for that matter...is going to be challenged on bias grounds when hearing cases related to immigration and racial-centric issues.

That said, I don't stay up nights worried about what the radical left will do...they will be dishonest, unethical and reprehensible at every turn. But Trump calling bias on a judge who is associated with a racist group like La Raza or the KKK does not give them analogous angle from which to attack. As for Kimberly Guilfoyle, shame on her as well...never been a fan of hers anyway to be clear.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2016, 08:54:58 pm »
:bigsilly:

Dance little boy, dance!!!

Why did Donald Trump's attorneys praise Judge Curiel as fair and impartial, and why did they say they had no intention of filing a motion to recuse?  What happened in the last two weeks?  Was judge Curiel wearing whiteface and speaking in a fine Irish brogue all this time? 

Answer the question, or stfu.
I saw them say hes doing a good job not that he was fair and impartial - he is doing a good Job for Trump in exposing La Raza and the problem.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

PaleoConPrep

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2016, 08:59:21 pm »
When "Zionist" is used by anybody as a pejorative, I often associate the speaker with stormfront.  If they also use the term "Cuck" then I am positive.
But if you want to rebuke the knuckle dragging mouth breathers at sf I'll entertain the possibility that I am wrong.
Here's the difference between me and those on Stormfront. People on SF believe race is EVERYTHING. It consumes their lives. It's the be all, end all for them. I believe race is important, but it's not everything for me. I have great respect for Dr. Alan Keyes( a black man) and Dr. Paul Gottfried( a Jew) I do believe that for the cohesion of a nation, a nation should be of one majority ethnicity and religion. I didn't say ALL, I said majority( which to me as around 90%) This is a similar view to that of Pat Buchansn. I am against multiculturalism.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:02:46 pm by PaleoConPrep »

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2016, 09:00:25 pm »
This is simple. The judge is a member of La Raza. He shouldn't be anywhere near anything having to do with Trump. Imagine if there were a trial for some guy associated with Black Lives Matter, and the judge was a member of the KKK. Would you be fine with that?

Kimberly Guilfoyle of Fox's The Five belongs to La Raza Lawyers Association...The group is nothing like the despicable and loathsome scum who join the KKK

Arnold ‏@Schwarzenegger 21h21 hours ago
Judge Curiel is an American hero who stood up to the Mexican cartels. I was proud to appoint him when I was Gov.

Oceander

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2016, 09:06:58 pm »
I saw them say hes doing a good job not that he was fair and impartial - he is doing a good Job for Trump in exposing La Raza and the problem.

Dance little boy, dance!  Dance!  Dance!  Dance!

« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2016, 09:08:08 pm »
Here's the difference between me and those on Stormfront. People on SF believe race is EVERYTHING. It consumes their lives. It's the be all, end all for them. I believe race is important, but it's not everything for me. I have great respect for Dr. Alan Keyes( a black man) and Dr. Paul Gottfried( a Jew) I do believe that for the cohesion of a nation, a nation should be id one majority ethnicity and religion. I didn't say ALL, I said majority( which to me as around 90%) This is a similar view to that of Pat Buchansn. I am against multiculturalism.
So the extremists at sf are too extreme and you would only call for a much smaller purge of the mongrel minorities?  Am I reading this right? 
Thanx for pointing out you are against multiculturalism...I wasn't sure.

You and are are going to have a lot of fun together.  88, and 14 words buddy.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »
I do hope you follow thru on your other comment of living in Idaho where you said that you would find those with similar views.  Idaho of course is known for the white supremacist groups.

NORTHERN Idaho has that reputation.

The rest of the state is ok.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2016, 09:41:14 pm »

Do you realize that the group that the judge belongs to is the La Raza Lawyer’s Association and not the racist National Council of La Raza?  Because I would hate to think that you are deliberately muddying the water with inaccurate information just to defend Mr. Trump and his statements.
Let it burn.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2016, 09:54:01 pm »
You are correct and I stand corrected and apologize. I have been to your beautiful state multiple times and have always enjoyed the visit.  :beer:  There was no need to disparage a great state with great people due to some undesirables that also live there.
Accepted.  :beer:
I know some people who moved here who say living in Idaho is like living in a postcard, that's a good way to put it.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2016, 09:58:26 pm »
Do you realize that the group that the judge belongs to is the La Raza Lawyer’s Association and not the racist National Council of La Raza?  Because I would hate to think that you are deliberately muddying the water with inaccurate information just to defend Mr. Trump and his statements.

A judge belongs to "the RACE"  Lawyer association?   Why would anybody think a group named "the RACE"  would be racist?   Why that's just silly.   

It's like saying an "Automobile Owners Association"  must have something to do with automobiles.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2016, 10:02:04 pm »
A judge belongs to "the RACE"  Lawyer association?   Why would anybody think a group named "the RACE"  would be racist?   Why that's just silly.   

It's like saying an "Automobile Owners Association"  must have something to do with automobiles.

So you're ready to condemn the group based on their name and not on any actual evidence of overt racism. Got it.
Let it burn.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2016, 10:14:35 pm »
So you're ready to condemn the group based on their name and not on any actual evidence of overt racism. Got it.

I'm ready to condemn the group based on the fact that I am well acquainted with their agenda and their overt racism.   The fact that their very name is "the RACE"   makes the point so clearly, that even people unacquainted with their racist goals and policies,  ought to be able to grasp it. 

They overtly call for the reconquista (reconquering)  of Aztlan. 

Yes, they are a RACIST organization.   Yes,  the Judge is a member of an overtly RACIST organization.   Yes,  "THE RACE"s lawyer organization is a RACIST organization which is working to undermine US law regarding illegals,  and which ought to result in the disbarment of all participants. 

The fact that he is an Obama appointee also pretty much guarantees that he must be a racist of one sort or another.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2016, 10:20:21 pm »

I'm ready to condemn the group based on the fact that I am well acquainted with their agenda and their overt racism.   The fact that their very name is "the RACE"   makes the point so clearly, that even people unacquainted with their racist goals and policies,  ought to be able to grasp it. 

They overtly call for the reconquista (reconquering)  of Aztlan. 

Yes, they are a RACIST organization.   Yes,  the Judge is a member of an overtly RACIST organization.   Yes,  "THE RACE"s lawyer organization is a RACIST organization which is working to undermine US law regarding illegals,  and which ought to result in the disbarment of all participants. 

The fact that he is an Obama appointee also pretty much guarantees that he must be a racist of one sort or another.

I'm familiar with the goals of the racist National Council of La Raza.  If you have evidence that the La Raza Lawyer's Association is connected to the National Council of La Raza in any way other than the commonality of their names, please present it. Otherwise you're assuming facts not in evidence.
Let it burn.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2016, 10:28:08 pm »
I'm familiar with the goals of the racist National Council of La Raza.  If you have evidence that the La Raza Lawyer's Association is connected to the National Council of La Raza in any way other than the commonality of their names, please present it. Otherwise you're assuming facts not in evidence.

You mean other than the obvious fact that they share the name of "The RACE"?   

Actually I do,   but I'll have to look it up again.   I had a link a couple of days ago which I posted,   but I didn't save it.   

But let me see if i'm following your logic here.    Suppose there was a racist organization calling itself,   I dunno,  how about "Aryan Nation"   or something?   Suppose it had a Lawyers association. 

Do you think the "Aryan Nation Lawyer's" association would be non-racist?   

That thought would certainly never occur to me.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2016, 10:28:58 pm »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17