Author Topic: Pat Buchanan: The Donald & The La Raza Judge  (Read 12540 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Pat Buchanan: The Donald & The La Raza Judge
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2016, 12:03:54 am »
Again, I want my account closed down.

I think Oceander has a point.  Why not just leave never to return?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2016, 03:05:20 am »
NOT BUYING IT, They are intermingled with both cross links, social events and staff. Why is the Councils link on the lawyers page. Why is the Lawyers link on the Councils page, Why is the head of the Lawyers group a sitting member of a Council Bord? Why is Both the Council and lawyers group formally boycotting Trump businesses? for Plausible deniabilty  to work it has to be Plausible. This spin requires suspension of intelligence to fly.

This post is fantastic as its shows exactly the kinds of affiliations we are dealing with. They use the racist "La Raza" moniker to gain the street cred...it gives an implication that they support the National La Raza agenda. But by not having official affiliation, they retain some deniability and can act as the pubic 'respectable" face of this deeply racist organization. Its as if the Aryan nation linked to an Aryan Lawyers Association in Atlanta, Georgia...but of course, claimed no "official" affiliation despite sharing some membership AND leadership positions. Its a shallow facade, and no conservative should be willing to accept such a thin veneer of respectability covering a depth of racism.

Nobody is claiming that the La Raza bowling league is plotting the overthrow of the nation, any more than an Aryan bowling league would...but the latent racism underlying these labels cannot be set aside so easily.

As for this baloney from Wikipedia, that's is quite simply some propaganda written to soften a plainly racist terminology...most likely written by someone from La Raza's public relations office. I can't believe someone seriously cited that as being descriptive of the actual agenda of La Raza. Take a look at the textbooks and speeches put out by MECHA for our schools to infuse into our children. Look more deeply into the types of papers and positions taken by the NLCR...and then come back and tell us how innocuous the term La Raza is, and how inconsequential it is that they are linked directly from the California La Raza Lawyers Association.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:11:04 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2016, 03:22:53 am »
Membership in a scientific organization is different than a Judge as there is a higher standard.  Do you decide cases involving public individuals or businesses in which your opinion and decision will have final say.  Can the Judge honestly claim that he does not have a "conflict of interest" and would be impartial in this case?

I am often in positions where my professional opinion determines the course of action for a business or individual, including sanctions.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2016, 03:24:08 am »
I think it's a mix of both, although I wouldn't use the word "stupid", I would instead say, "ill-informed". I think some know that they are different organizations but are deliberately obscuring that in an attempt to score points for Mr. Trump. But a discussion that I heard on a local radio show this morning indicates that many people don't realize that they are two different organizations, and assume that the organization the judge belongs to is the La Raza, or in some way affiliated with the more famous organization.

Thank you.

I guess it's easy to assume everyone keeps informed on current events like we do.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2016, 03:26:50 am »
This is not so complicated. The judge is a member of a La Raza organization, and as such his impartiality is in question when hearing a case from someone who is the nation's strongest advocate against illegal immigration. This is not the same as having the level of evidence for a lawyer to file a formal recusal demand, but it certainly enough that anyone with common sense would question the propriety of his overseeing this case. That La Raza connection cannot be overstated, as it is an attachment to a group that deliberately titles itself after a nomenclature "The Race" that is deeply connotative not only of racism generally, but of a specific agenda regarding amnesty for all illegal immigrants...and worse...the forcible return of the Southwestern portion of the United States to Mexico.

While the judge himself may or may not support all aspects of the La Raza agenda, and while the La Raza Lawyers Association is not the same as the National La Raza Council...though it makes sure to link to the La Raza Council from its own webpage...he is tainted, at a minimum, with the appearance of impropriety. Were he a truly principled judge, he would voluntarily recuse himself...something judges often do when evidence is insufficient to force their legal removal from a case, but in which the appearance of bias is notable.

The Judge belongs to a group called the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association. The La Raza group the everyone thinks about when the term comes up is the National Council of La Raza. The two are not associated in any way, other than the use of the term "La Raza" to indicate the shared heritage of its members. It is a group of lawyers who share a specific ethnicity and gather together to promote themselves, their firms, and their heritage, just like other professional groups of various professions with common ancestry like there are in any part of the U.S.

The Irish American Bar Association of New York and the National Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists come to mind.

The term "La Raza" came into being in 1925. It comes from a book by a Mexican writer. The term became a common expression meant to indicate pride in heritage or race in both Spain and Hispanic America. In Spain it specifically denotes Spanish and Roman Catholic heritage. In the Americas it's used to identify people of either Native American or Hispanic/Latino heritage.

In Latin America, el Dia de La Raza is a holiday observing Christopher Columbus' arrival in the New World (our Columbus Day) first celebrated in Mexico in 1917, long before both the 1920's book and the rise of the leftist movement known as The National Council of La Raza, to which Judge Gonzalo Curiel neither belongs to, or is connected to in any way.

People like Trump and his followers understand that the term "La Raza" is a dog whistle call in American politics.

People need to inform themselves instead of simply reacting to dog whistles.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2016, 03:31:45 am »
The Judge belongs to a group called the San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association. The La Raza group the everyone thinks about when the term comes up is the National Council of La Raza. The two are not associated in any way, other than the use of the term "La Raza" to indicate the shared heritage of its members. It is a group of lawyers who share a specific ethnicity and gather together to promote themselves, their firms, and their heritage, just like other professional groups of various professions with common ancestry like there are in any part of the U.S.

The Irish American Bar Association of New York and the National Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists come to mind.

The term "La Raza" came into being in 1925. It comes from a book by a Mexican writer. The term became a common expression meant to indicate pride in heritage or race in both Spain and Hispanic America. In Spain it specifically denotes Spanish and Roman Catholic heritage. In the Americas it's used to identify people of either Native American or Hispanic/Latino heritage.

In Latin America, el Dia de La Raza is a holiday observing Christopher Columbus' arrival in the New World (our Columbus Day) first celebrated in Mexico in 1917, long before both the 1920's book and the rise of the leftist movement known as The National Council of La Raza, to which Judge Gonzalo Curiel neither belongs to, or is connected to in any way.

People like Trump and his followers understand that the term "La Raza" is a dog whistle call in American politics.

This is baloney. The San Diego La Raza group LINKS directly to the National La Raza from its website. That's akin to the German lawyers association of St. Louis linking to the Aryan Council....and just as blatantly unacceptable. Further, they have members and leaders who have membership in both groups, so they are intimately linked though go to great lengths to avoid being officially so...which is a purely political tactic, and is a thinly veiled effort to retain legitimacy despite such racist ties.

La Raza has to come to mean MUCH more than the benign descriptor you give it...is a clarion call for racism and evokes the Aztlan goal for the Southwestern United States. You will see the Aztlan and La Raza graffiti from Mexican drug gangs all over South Phoenix...this pretending La Raza is some sort of neutral and friendly term referring to peaceful community is garbage...it is a racist terminology and is becoming more and more pervasive in this part of the country.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:34:26 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2016, 03:33:32 am »
This is baloney. The San Diego La Raza group LINKS directly to the National La Raza from its website. That's akin to the German lawyers association of St. Louis linking to the Aryan Council....and just as blatantly unacceptable. Further, they have members and leaders who have membership in both groups, so they are intimately linked though go to great lengths to avoid being officially so...which is a purely political tactic, and is a thinly veiled effort to retain legitimacy despite such racist ties.

Put up the link.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2016, 04:49:18 am »
Another simple type of analogy: if you were a government contracting officer and held shares of Northrop Grumman as part of a retirement fund, would it be reasonable for you to be recused in evaluating a contract where NG was a bidder? Of course not. Having that happen is not damning you as being hopelessly biased, it is merely a statement that there could potentially be a conflict.

A conflict is different, as I could see financial gain from the NG decision. 
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2016, 04:52:11 am »
I'm not he one with a 100 percent failure record so far.....

Are you referencing the Renee Ellmers endorsement?
+++++++++

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2016, 04:57:30 am »
Your constant posting trying to equate San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association to something akin to the Aryan Nation or KKK is purposeful to hide trump's racist statements and shows your total ignorance about the groups.... both the local San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association and the NLCR.  There is no Aztlan goal within NCLR and the local San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association and you know it. Your only purpose is to blur the idea of racism and bigotry to hide what many in the trump support embrace. Gang graffiti is not a publication on the position of San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association in the minds of anyone with an ounce of common sense and integrity. Your eloquently written essays on the different Latino groups are completely void of truth. Your attempts to use graffiti by gangs to support your deceitful proclamations about San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association is all you can do because there is nothing else that supports your falsehoods.

I haven't got a drop of Latino blood in me.  I'm 100% pure Pollock.  The genuine master race.  It would be easier to just ignore posts like those, and assume people are smart enough to not buy into that B.S.  But when the GOP nominee is spouting this racist crap I can't stay silent.  I'm happy to share this trench with you Cuky. 

el ¡Soopèr! ن ‏@SooperMexican 24h24 hours ago
First they came for the Mexicans and I thought, "pinches pendejos why can't they go alphabetically or something."

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2016, 05:17:37 am »
Actually they do have a link along with many other links. They are not affiliated whats-so-ever, just like they have a link with Anti-Defamation League and
Big Brothers Big Sisters along with many other sites they feel would be able to help their community.  So the mission becomes to make NLCR not just far left liberal but
to paint them as a radical, possibly violent group intent on taking parts of the US back for Mexico.

I find disturbing this attempt to equate NLCR with Aryan Nation or the KKK which are hate groups that have a history of hate and violence against minority groups.
There is a big difference between being liberal and being a violent hate group.  One is just wrong in their ideology, the other is evil. This is a purposeful tactic. They try to scare people and convince them to their viewpoint by throwing out distorted facts like calling MECHA a part of NLCR or bringing up José Angel Gutiérrez who was a radical and founder of Raza Unida Party with separatists ideology.

That was the point.

If a link to the NCLR meant they are affiliated with them, then the link right below it (National Latino Peace Officers Association) means that they're ALSO affiliated with California police officers making THEM a bunch of radical terrorists.

Earlier today someone posted an article from Mother Jones on this site. That must make this site an ultra progressive left-wing site.

Has Trump denounced the David Duke endorsement yet?

Here's Duke defending Trump yesterday:

Former KKK leader David Duke came to the defense of one of his political idols Tuesday, blaming Donald Trump’s legal problems over his scandal-plagued Trump University on a new culprit.

“Jewish agent” Wolf Blitzer and the Jewish-owned media.

Pointing out “the Jewish establishment knows all about psychology,” Duke went on to explain that they have the ability to “marshal up an army of Jews” to go after opponents like Trump by sending out experts to attack him.

Duke cast a wide net, including Chris Wallace from Fox News, CNN’s Jake Tapper as well as Blitzer from CNN, who Duke claims he has already exposed as a “Jewish agent from AIPAC.”

Duke went on to point out that CNN is run by “Jewish extremist” Jeff Zucker, helpfully noting that Zucker has said “he lives and breathes Israel.”

‘They’re the ones who have been attacking Trump,” Duke continued, “And most recently Fox News, the shabbat goy shiksa Megyn Kelly, because they love to have some gentile — they don’t always want all the Jews out front. She recently criticized Trump, the fact that he said this judge isn’t fair. This Mexican judge. This Mexican-descended judge.”

Duke went on to criticize Judge Gonzalo Curiel, noting his affiliation to several Hispanic lawyers groups before adding, “You couldn’t even imagine someone being a member of the European-American National Bar Association. In fact there isn’t one, it wouldn’t be allowed. That would be called ‘racist.'”

Listen to Duke’s comments below, beginning at the 25 minute mark:

Crap... I just linked us to a David Duke radio show.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2016, 05:18:42 am »
Put up the link.

I've already looked at it and someone else posted it. It was also shown on Fox tonight. Feel free to go there yourself and take a look, as I've no intention do the research for you...especially as its already been done.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2016, 05:20:31 am »
Actually they do have a link along with many other links. They are not affiliated whats-so-ever, just like they have a link with Anti-Defamation League and
Big Brothers Big Sisters along with many other sites they feel would be able to help their community.  So the mission becomes to make NLCR not just far left liberal but
to paint them as a radical, possibly violent group intent on taking parts of the US back for Mexico.

I find disturbing this attempt to equate NLCR with Aryan Nation or the KKK which are hate groups that have a history of hate and violence against minority groups.
There is a big difference between being liberal and being a violent hate group.  One is just wrong in their ideology, the other is evil. This is a purposeful tactic. They try to scare people and convince them to their viewpoint by throwing out distorted facts like calling MECHA a part of NLCR or bringing up José Angel Gutiérrez who was a radical and founder of Raza Unida Party with separatists ideology.

So if the German Lawyers Group of St. Louis had a bunch of benign links....and one to the Aryan Nation hate group site...that's just alright with you?

I think not. And that link is significant as it clearly shows they are happy to link to another very racist site affiliated with the La Raza moniker. There is no way to play that off as insignificant.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2016, 05:22:35 am »

NLCR calls for the elevation of one group of people over others based on ethnicity. It also calls for sedition, the overthrow of the US government in a large portion of the nation. That is every bit as racist and insane as the KKK, Black Panthers, Muslim Brotherhood, and the Aryan nutcakes. Racism is racism regardless of the packaging or from which ethnic group it is initiated.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2016, 05:25:56 am »
That was the point.

If a link to the NCLR meant they are affiliated with them, then the link right below it (National Latino Peace Officers Association) means that they're ALSO affiliated with California police officers making THEM a bunch of radical terrorists.

Earlier today someone posted an article from Mother Jones on this site. That must make this site an ultra progressive left-wing site.

Has Trump denounced the David Duke endorsement yet?

Here's Duke defending Trump yesterday:

Crap... I just linked us to a David Duke radio show.

If you think that is the same, you are either mentally challenged or simply dishonest. I'm guessing the latter. I've given you the appropriate analogy, and it is as if a German Lawyers group put links to Aryan Nation on their website. It is not innocent, it is not incidental or informative, it is a deliberate association to racism...in both cases.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2016, 05:28:07 am »
You wrote I'm happy to share this trench with you Cuky.  The feeling is mutual Once-Ler.   :beer: trump has been fanning racial hatred from day one of his ill-begotten candidacy and the initial base of his support included many of the white supremacist groups. I will never cease to speak out against this abomination even if he were to win in November. It would be even that more important if he were to win, as we witness what is done to anyone not on the trump train.... Kudos to you, Sinkspur, Oceander, Luis, Chosen Daughter, Rat Patrol, Music Lady and the many many others willing to stand up and call trump out on his racism and bigotry and work to see his downfall.

Your sharp wit is legendary and I am glad you are on myside!! :thud:  :pondering: :pondering: As is Wingnut

Yes, I'd imagine when defending racism one would want as much company as you can get. Its disturbingly ironic that you are accusing Trump of racism, while defending the very blatant racism of a La Raza lawyers group linking to the NLCR...an equivalent of American Nazi groups. Quite disturbing...and quite revealing of your bias.

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2016, 05:38:31 am »
NLCR calls for the elevation of one group of people over others based on ethnicity. It also calls for sedition, the overthrow of the US government in a large portion of the nation. That is every bit as racist and insane as the KKK, Black Panthers, Muslim Brotherhood, and the Aryan nutcakes. Racism is racism regardless of the packaging or from which ethnic group it is initiated.

I don't know who the NLRC is but the NCLR has an about page and the info has been posted so you should have seen it by now http://www.nclr.org/about-us/who-we-are/
Only you, David Duke, Pat Buchannan, Trumpbart and WND believe the NCLR is calling for sedition, and the overthrow of the US government in a large portion of the nation. 
The NCLR calls for educating children and providing healthcare ..."Our Affiliates are working every day to help Hispanic immigrants integrate fully into American society by providing English-language classes, civics courses, and naturalization assistance."

Your peddling poison.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2016, 06:03:12 am »
  I'm 100% pure Pollock.  The genuine master race. 

WRONG!
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

But your women are pretty hot ;)

« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2016, 06:14:23 am »
WRONG!
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/

But your women are pretty hot ;)
My Polish women are hot? 

Who am I?  Donald Trump? 

No!  I don't point my finger and say "look at my Polish women over there!"

Hot Polish women are for everyone!
Thank you God!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:15:20 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2016, 06:15:54 am »
My Polish women are hot? 

Who am I?  Donald Trump? 

No!  I don't point my finger and say "look at my Polish women over there!"

Hot Polish women are for everyone!
Thank you God!

Then send a couple over ASAP. I wish to become culturally enriched!

Oh and sorry about that little border dispute a few decades back. Won't happen again.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:18:14 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline markomalley

« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2016, 10:47:24 am »
Put up the link.
From this page: http://sdlrla.com/

And, oh, by the way, you will note that the list is not listed as "useful links" -- it is listed as their "community." That implies affiliation.

Regardless, let us take a look at what they're about:

According to their by-laws:

Section 3.2 Specific Purposes. The specific purpose of the Corporation is to advance the cause of equality, empowerment and justice for Latino attorneys and the Latino community through service and advocacy by:
(a) Promoting education, unity and excellence in the Latino legal community;
(b) Encouraging and supporting Latino and Latina judicial candidates to obtain judicial positions, and advocate for the promotion and retention of Latino and Latina attorneys and judicial officers;
(c) Supporting the delivery and access of legal services to San Diego County’s Spanish speaking community;
(d) Expanding the business and professional opportunities available to its members;
(e) Enhancing its business and professional stature in the Latino community;
(f) Increasing the participation of Latino leaders in civic affairs;
(g) Enhancing the quality of life for its members and the community; and
(h) Strongly advocating positions on judicial, economic, legal, and social justice issues to political leaders, governmental bodies, and state and local bar associations that impact the Latino community.

I really like "h", above. That just lays it out right there as a left-wing political organization advocating for left-wing policies.

And this SDLRLA organization is very politically involved...to the degree, even, of establishing a PAC. And they make endorsements. All, 100%, Democrat endorsements.

There are some that state that there are other ethnic bar groups.

True enough, there are. Here is a list of California Minority Bar Associations.

I haven't looked through every one in the list, but each and every one that I looked at (with the exceptions of the La Raza groups) were apolitical. The only kind of endorsement that any provide is judicial.

For example, this little bit from the South Asian Bar Association of San Diego:

§ 2.02. Limitations. No substantial part of the activities of this Association shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and this Association shall not participate or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements in connection with) any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.

Or this from the Mexiican American Bar Association:

PURPOSE

The specific and primary purposes for which this corporation is formed shall be to advance the science of jurisprudence; to promote the administration of justice; to encourage a thorough legal education; to maintain the honor and dignity of the legal profession; and to cultivate social intercourse among its members.[/font][/size]

Or this from the Latina Lawyers Bar Association:

Or this from the Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego:

The Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego is committed to ensuring that attorneys of color, particularly Filipino American attorneys, have access to equal opportunities in the legal profession. It aims to develop multicultural solutions, to foster diversification and to sustain multicultural coalitions in all channels of the legal system.

The point being that the majority of these organizations, with the notable exception of La Raza affiliated ones, have the purpose of networking and advancing members of their ethnicity within the legal profession. The La Raza groups are different: they are explicitly politically advocacy groups for the purpose of advancing The Race.

My standard caveat follows:

NONE OF THE ABOVE SHOULD BE CONSIDERED AN ENDORSEMENT OF TRUMP'S RACIST ATTITUDES.

Had Trump initially highlighted Judge Curiel's membership in La Raza Lawyer's Group (which has NCLR as a member of their community), that would be a legitimate point. As evidenced by the organization's by-laws, endorsements, and activities. But he didn't.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2016, 11:06:40 am »

Too bad most Americans are not buying what you are trying to sell.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

HonestJohn

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2016, 11:21:55 am »
I haven't got a drop of Latino blood in me.  I'm 100% pure Pollock.  The genuine master race.  It would be easier to just ignore posts like those, and assume people are smart enough to not buy into that B.S.  But when the GOP nominee is spouting this racist crap I can't stay silent.  I'm happy to share this trench with you Cuky. 

el ¡Soopèr! ن ‏@SooperMexican 24h24 hours ago
First they came for the Mexicans and I thought, "pinches pendejos why can't they go alphabetically or something."

Pollock?

:tongue2:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:52 pm »
Too bad most Americans are not buying what you are trying to sell.

Actually, the fact that Trump has not filed to either move venue or ask that the judge recuse himself tells you that Trump doesn't believe what HE is trying to sell.

You see, if Trump possesses two degrees of intelligence above that of a sea cucumber, he knows that doing that doesn't mean that he will win the case, because there is a strong case here against him, and if he loses in a different venue with a lily-white Judge presiding, he has nothing and no one to blame for the loss.

Trump is setting up a "I've been wronged by a Mexican" excuse for losing his case.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2016, 12:18:44 pm »
Had Trump initially highlighted Judge Curiel's membership in La Raza Lawyer's Group (which has NCLR as a member of their community), that would be a legitimate point. As evidenced by the organization's by-laws, endorsements, and activities. But he didn't.

The American Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists (“AAJLJ”) was founded in 1983 and is affiliated with the International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists (“IAJLJ”).  The IAJLJ was founded in 1969 by the late Justice Arthur J. Goldberg of the United States Supreme Court and the late Justice Haim Cohen of the Supreme Court of Israel.  The AAJLJ represents the American Jewish legal community, defending Jewish interests and human rights in the United States and abroad.

In addition, the AAJLJ works to combat those who utilize “lawfare” to delegitimize Israel.  AAJLJ efforts include filing amicus briefs in cases relating to the right of an American citizen born in Jerusalem to have “Israel” listed as his/her place of birth on their U.S. passport.

It conducts special Jewish-content continuing legal education and other programs including events at annual ABA meetings.  In addition, the AAJLJ seeks to promote an understanding of the principles of traditional Jewish Law among members of the bar, the judiciary, and the public.  AAJLJ programs address the relevance and applicability of Jewish Law to current legal issues such as human rights, national security, free speech and religious liberty.

http://www.jewishlawyers.org/content/about_us.asp

These guys are threatening our Christian roots!