Author Topic: Six silly lies that Trumpkins tell themselves  (Read 4795 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Six silly lies that Trumpkins tell themselves
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2016, 10:42:33 pm »
Not quite, there will be a physical loss of lo-wage workers. Means fewer workers and employers having to compete to hire them

When the low wage worker disappears so will the job and the demand. 
First, low wage workers are not replaced with high wage workers.  They are replaced with machines that can be depreciated over time. 
Second, I'm not paying $10 for a Big Mac, just because Pedro isn't there to flip the burger.

geronl

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2016, 10:46:21 pm »
:amen:

Trump is destroying the GOP and it seems to be intentional.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2016, 11:21:49 pm »
Basic economics of supply and demand.
So why do we need a wall? :pondering:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2016, 11:27:44 pm »
:amen:

I think Jennifer Rubin is a wonderful writer so I clicked the link and found this video substory.

Lots of immigrant workers have been content to work as non-citizens.  Trump is scaring them into applying for voting rights and turning them into life long rats.  The fallout from the Trump nightmare has just begun and it will be terrible.  God help us...Trump hasn't even got the nomination yet.

Well, who cares...people are angry and they should be allowed to indulge their pique at the expense of the country.   :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2016, 11:30:24 pm »
 I'll be voting for Gray Johnson in November even though I have many points of disagreement with him. The place where I do agree with him is big enough for me to get past all those and vote for him. That point of agreement is the Fairtax! http://fairtax.org
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2016, 11:36:39 pm »
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/03/30/eric-errickson-website-resurgent-paid-by-pro-cruzanti-trump-our-principles-pac/

If you google that fake Roger Stone story, you find it repeated over and over at Conservative Treehouse, Breitbart, Free Republic, and something called "donaldtrumpreview".  It's a mistake to believe what you read on any of those hack sites.

The money was spent by the Cruz pac for advertising.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/04/08/daily-caller-runs-op-ed-attacking-redstate-racist-trump-supporter-roger-stone/

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2016, 11:38:14 pm »
Not quite, there will be a physical loss of lo-wage workers. Means fewer workers and employers having to compete to hire them

Why do you think there will be a physical loss of lo-wage workers?  They *could* only be gone for a day.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2016, 11:40:20 pm »
If you google that fake Roger Stone story, you find it repeated over and over at Conservative Treehouse, Breitbart, Free Republic, and something called "donaldtrumpreview".  It's a mistake to believe what you read on any of those hack sites.

The money was spent by the Cruz pac for advertising.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/04/08/daily-caller-runs-op-ed-attacking-redstate-racist-trump-supporter-roger-stone/
Uh huh... He aint got enough people paying attention to him for that story to fly.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Silver Pines

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2016, 11:42:10 pm »
Uh huh... He aint got enough people paying attention to him for that story to fly.

I didn't expect you would accept any facts.  Thanks.

Oceander

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2016, 11:43:22 pm »

Nope.  It means automation and the permanent loss of low wage jobs.  If that were not the case, then threats of raising the minimum wage would not have caused many low-wage employers to start considering automation.  The margins are small in industries like fast food and artificially raising the wage (e.g., by having competition for fewer employees) simply means the jobs will be permanently lost to automation.  On top of which, many low-wage employers are patronized by people who are low-wage earners.  Remove the low-wage earners and the demand for those businesses goes down, and so there is less pressure to compete for workers. 

Offline Mod1

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 12:22:22 am »
This is an opinion piece and is being moved to the appropriate category.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 03:03:48 am »
Nope.  It means automation and the permanent loss of low wage jobs.  If that were not the case, then threats of raising the minimum wage would not have caused many low-wage employers to start considering automation.  The margins are small in industries like fast food and artificially raising the wage (e.g., by having competition for fewer employees) simply means the jobs will be permanently lost to automation.  On top of which, many low-wage employers are patronized by people who are low-wage earners.  Remove the low-wage earners and the demand for those businesses goes down, and so there is less pressure to compete for workers.
You forget there is an implementation curve of at least 2 decades. If Trump is in the Automation will be built here, thats good paying jobs right there as it ramps up.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 05:27:45 am »
And here you're doing all that for free.  Bet that makes you feel silly.
Are you sure of that? Judging by his posting style, it reads like a professional Trump operative.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2016, 08:14:29 am »
Speaking of basic economics...is that guy that runs Conservativenuthouse still stocking eggs at a Publix in Florida?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2016, 10:52:03 am »
Speaking of basic economics...is that guy that runs Conservativenuthouse still stocking eggs at a Publix in Florida?

If I recall correctly, last year when that nut job Robert Lewis Dear, Jr. was shooting people at the PP in Colorado Springs, Sundance at Conservativenuthouse was pushing the claim that this was a bank robbery gone wrong and that the shooter was not targeting the PP. Well we know how that turned out.  :thud:

Sundance at Conservativenuthouse also pushed the story (along with Breitbart and other “blogs”) that there was some sort of nefarious connection between the Liz Mair Super-PAC “Make America Awesome” and Carly Fiorina’s Super-PAC (Carly for America) because they both listed the same PO Box. But it was debunked.

Both PAC’s (along with many campaigns and PACs) use the services of Chris Marston and his company Election CFO. That is their address. Note that the FEC filings for both PACs are signed by Martson as Treaurer, not because of some nefarious connections between them but because they both happened to use Martson’s company for their FEC filings and would use Election CFO’s PO Box for their official mailing address and also as the address to which to send donations as Election CFO provides banking and accounting services along with FEC compliance and reporting.

http://www.electioncfo.com/contact/

Election CFO Tailors Its Services to Your Needs

http://www.electioncfo.com/about/

Here is a list of their clients in 2014 – the most recent year available on Open Secrets

https://www.opensecrets.org/expends/vendor.php?year=2014&vendor=Election+Cfo

One of those listed for instance - America's First PAC and Liberty for All Super PAC (a Libertarian PAC), also lists Chris Marston as their treasurer and or PO BOX 26141, ALEXANDRIA, VA 22313 as their mailing address in their FEC filings

http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?candidateCommitteeId=C00524314&tabIndex=1

The Attack on Mark Levin - JEFFREY LORD

"Not to wax Levin-esque, but “Sundance”? You’re an idiot."

http://spectator.org/66006_attack-mark-levin/
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2016, 11:52:30 am »
http://spectator.org/66006_attack-mark-levin/

Bookmarked.  Now we know where Mech is cutting and pasting from when he attacks Levin.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2016, 02:04:43 am »
"1. Trump either will change his ludicrous proposals"

I don't want Trump to "change his proposals".

I want to see a wall built.
I want it to be paid for by taxing all foreign remittances.
I want to see criminal aliens identified, rounded up, and deported.
I want muslims to be excluded from immigrating to the United States or being accepted as refugees. They carry with them a dangerous creed that is anathema to everything the concept of "freedom" represents.
I want to see the revival of the coal industry.
I want to see the Keystone Pipeline move forward.
I want to see tariffs where necessary, to induce manufacturers to produce (and to employ) here.

That last thing I want is to see such proposals jettisoned in the name of political expediency, to "satisfy the faux-conservatives" (who ain't really "conservatives" at all!)

Got it?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2016, 02:10:24 am »
@Fishrrman  What are you calling "criminal aliens"?  All people in the country illegally or the ones that came in illegally and then committed a crime?

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2016, 02:59:25 am »
"1. Trump either will change his ludicrous proposals"

I don't want Trump to "change his proposals".

I want to see a wall built. http://www.nationalmemo.com/an-engineer-explains-why-trumps-wall-is-so-implausible/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI
I want it to be paid for by taxing all foreign remittances.
I want to see criminal aliens identified, rounded up, and deported.
I want muslims to be excluded from immigrating to the United States or being accepted as refugees. They carry with them a dangerous creed that is anathema to everything the concept of "freedom" represents.
I want to see the revival of the coal industry.
I want to see the Keystone Pipeline move forward.
I want to see tariffs where necessary, to induce manufacturers to produce (and to employ) here.
http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/truth-about-trade-history
The infamous Smoot-Hawley tariff of 1930 was the last outrage inflicted by the Republican protectionists. Rates on dutiable imports rose to their highest levels in over 100 years. Increases of 50 percent were common and some rates went up 100 percent. Table 1 indicates how much tariffs in creased during the 1920s as a result of both the Fordney-McCumber and Smoot-Hawley tariffs. A recent analysis estimates that the Smoot-Hawley tariff, on average, doubled the tariffs over those in the Underwood Act.10
Politically, at least, in the long term the memory of the Smoot-Hawley tariff has kept Americans committed to a free-trade policy. For more than 60 years, a guiding principle of U.S. international economic policy has been that tariffs and other trade barriers should be reduced, that trade wars must be avoided at all costs, and that the best way to achieve those goals is through multilateral negotiations. Thus, the United States took the lead in establishing the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade that reduced global tariffs in the decades following World War II, and spearheaded major GATT rounds of multilateral trade liberalization, including the Kennedy Round, Tokyo Round, and Uruguay Round.In recent years, the free-trade consensus has begun to weaken. One must look back to 1929 to find protectionist rhetoric as heated as that commonly heard today. Throughout most of the postwar era, protectionists were embarrassed to call themselves protectionists. Today, however, prominent politicians such as Republican presidential candidate Pat Buchanan and Senator Ernest Hollings (D-S.C.) wear the label proudly.12 Yet protectionist policies have not been the source of America’s economic strength. And American policy, fortunately, remains largely directed toward free trade.

That last thing I want is to see such proposals jettisoned in the name of political expediency, to "satisfy the faux-conservatives" (who ain't really "conservatives" at all!)

Got it?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2016, 08:37:04 am »
7.  That he'll actually build a wall.

8.  That he has a plan for removing all illegals from the country.

9. That he has a plan, period.

The closest to truth they tell themselves: He's Donald Trump and . . . you're not.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:40:06 am by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.