Author Topic: Indian Clubs; Club Swinging - Exercise.  (Read 951 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Indian Clubs; Club Swinging - Exercise.
« on: June 05, 2016, 07:10:38 pm »
I've gotten involved in this some.  I do think, should you have a sore shoulder area, shoulder sock, this is good for rehab. You work it out. As far as a serious exercise, only if one really got into it. One can make their own Indian Clubs. 

Indian Clubs means this exercise was brought over from India by Great Britain, who colonized there. Indian Clubs were very popular in the USA cerca the Civil War and a lot of people still know what they are; they saw them at gyms growing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-AJT5ERdHs

This explains the Clubs though McGuire really takes more from the Iranian School; big clubs and the like. McGuire claims that if you work your way up the latter to heavier clubs, you might be able to chop a brick. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_yxM9tf2yE&spfreload=10

This Australian, Paul Wolkownowski, has made dozens of videos on Indian clubs, some say these clubs are good for things like aiding in rock climbing, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5_2elk0RhY

One can purchase these or try a number of homemade versions, such as getting a kid's plastic baseball bat and filling it with sand and so on.

Weights go from a pound and a half on up to 40 lbs or more.

Indian Clubs swinging was also actually in 2 Olympic competitions.

Offline TomSea

Re: Indian Clubs; Club Swinging - Exercise.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 02:04:47 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFsQeDFbptc

It is my understanding, that the "House of Power" shown here, is not in Iran but made up of Iranians now living in the US in the Los Angeles hour. It is an exotic video.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 02:48:31 pm »
When it comes to swinging things, I find that this workout is KILLER. You'll feel it in your arms AND legs the next day.

It's the workout I recommend to folks who want to start exercising again. I suggest a very light kettlebell. Anyone who can't commit to six minutes a day for two weeks doesn't want to get back into shape!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GENMje1R4qE

Edit: Switched links to the vid with the kicking (albeit liberal) soundtrack.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 02:49:58 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 02:56:02 pm »
For a more complete, and slightly longer, workout, this one is pretty darn good, too (although it has some more advanced moves that really out of shape people might not be able to handle with a single kettlebell weight):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiC0zylTB0w
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 05:14:20 pm »
@bolobaby

Great links! There are a number of fine exercises out there.

Yes, I've been around the block a bit on kettle bells, I like the Turkish Get Up.

Which I can only really do with a fairly lightweight kettlebell. Nothing wrong with easier swings though.