Author Topic: Source: Reid promoting Warren for VP  (Read 330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Source: Reid promoting Warren for VP
« on: June 05, 2016, 04:29:27 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/elizabeth-warren-harry-reid-vice-president-223892

Source: Reid promoting Warren for VP

By Seung Min Kim

06/03/16 05:58 PM EDT
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Harry Reid is quietly promoting Elizabeth Warren as a top pick to be Hillary Clinton’s running mate, and the Senate minority leader is already looking into Massachusetts law to see how quickly her Senate seat could be filled if Warren were to ascend to the vice presidency, a source close to him said Friday.

Reid views Warren as someone who can unite the Democratic Party after the longer-than-expected primary battle between Clinton and Bernie Sanders, the source said. The person confirmed a Boston Globe story that reported Reid is actively researching the state’s special election rules.

“He thinks Warren is a good choice to unify the party,” the person close to Reid said.

This is a shift of sorts for Reid, who said recently that he would object to Clinton choosing as vice-presidential nominee any Democratic senator from a state led by a GOP governor with the authority to name the senator's successor. That could create another hurdle for Democrats looking to regain Senate control this fall.
05_hillary_clinton_28_ap_1160.jpg

“If we have a Republican governor in any of those states the answer is not only no, but hell no,” Reid said in an MSNBC interview last month. “I would do whatever I can and I think most of my Democratic colleagues here would say the same thing.”

That stand from Reid would appear to eliminate Warren, because Massachusetts is led by Republican Gov. Charlie Baker, as well as Sens. Sherrod Brown of Ohio and Cory Booker of New Jersey. The source close to Reid declined to say whether the senator is looking into similar rules in other states.

Aides to Warren declined to comment.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Source: Reid promoting Warren for VP
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 04:35:37 pm »
I still think Warren will be on the ticket.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 05:17:48 pm »

I don't think so.  She's almost 67 and knows she would never be president.  Same with Sanders.  Besides both have more of a voice in the Senate than as VP.  I think the way that Clinton cements the support from both of them is to let them basically pick the VP candidate.  Pick out a young progressive up-and-comer who can succeed Clinton.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 05:18:11 pm »

I wouldn't bet against you.  Hillary is that stupid.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 05:20:12 pm »
I don't think so.  She's almost 67 and knows she would never be president.  Same with Sanders.  Besides both have more of a voice in the Senate than as VP.  I think the way that Clinton cements the support from both of them is to let them basically pick the VP candidate.  Pick out a young progressive up-and-comer who can succeed Clinton.

That's what she would do if she's smart.  Julian Castro would be tough to beat.  I just wonder if she's willing to let a face like that upstage her.  This is still very much about the ego.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 05:26:26 pm »
I wouldn't bet against you.  Hillary is that stupid.
It isn't about what Hillary wants..............it is about the people behind the curtain want.