Author Topic: NM Gov. Susana Martinez to Meet With Trump in 'Near Future'  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=732338

Newsmax
NM Gov. Susana Martinez to Meet With Trump in 'Near Future'
Saturday, June 4, 2016 11:10 PM

By: Todd Beamon

New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez hopes to meet with presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump "in the near future," her spokesman said.

"Gov. Martinez is encouraged by Mr. Trump's commitment to protect New Mexico's labs and bases, which are not only important to our state but also our national defense," Mike Lonergan told CNN in a statement on Friday. "The governor hopes to visit with Mr. Trump in the near future to discuss this issue and others that affect New Mexicans.

"As she has said, this has never been about her — it's about the issues that impact New Mexico."

Trump bashed Martinez last month after she snubbed him when he visited the state for a rally in Albuquerque. He has since come under fire from fellow Republicans, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, for his attacks.

Martinez, 56, the nation's only Hispanic female GOP governor, has in turn condemned Trump's negative remarks about Latinos and his vow to build a wall at the U.S. border with Mexico if he is elected.

She also chairs the Republican Governors Association and is seen as a rising star within the party.

In an effort to woo establishment Republicans, Trump on Thursday told The Santa Fe New Mexican he has "always liked" Martinez.

"I'd like to have it," he told the newspaper when asked if he wanted Martinez’s support. "I respect her. I have always liked her."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: NM Gov. Susana Martinez to Meet With Trump in 'Near Future'
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 02:59:48 pm »
Susana to her husband Franco:  "Oh caca - I messed up!"

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 03:04:54 pm »

:thumbsup:     :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 03:08:09 pm »

Nah.  Trump needs a meeting more than she does.  She can certainly 'eff him up with the Hispanics if she wanted to.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 03:15:34 pm »
Trump bashing Martinez shows his stupidity.  IMO she was the one person who would help him immensely against Hillary.  He definitely needs help in drawing in the female and Hispanic voters. Though Martinez isn't as conservative as I would like, she's Trump's best hope.  She's against building that wall, but is against amnesty.  Will she put her career on the line if Trump asks her to be VP?

http://www.ontheissues.org/Susana_Martinez.htm
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 03:47:09 pm »

No, you have it wrong.  She is a bigger person than Trump. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.