Author Topic: Universal cancer vaccine on horizon after genetic breakthrough  (Read 415 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/06/01/universal-cancer-vaccine-on-horizon-after-genetic-breakthrough/
Universal cancer vaccine on horizon after genetic breakthrough
A universal cancer vaccine is on the horizon after scientists discovered how to rewire immune cells to fight any type of disease.

The potential new therapy involves injecting tiny particles of genetic code into the body which travel to the immune cells and teach them to recognise specific cancers.

Although scientists have shown previously that is it is possible to engineer immune cells outside the body so they can spot cancer it is the first time it has happened inside cells.

And because the genetic code could be programmed for any cancer, it means the technique could be universal. All doctors would need is the genetic profile of the tumour to make....

Excerpt: More at site...)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/06/01/universal-cancer-vaccine-on-horizon-after-genetic-breakthrough/
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

Re: Universal cancer vaccine on horizon after genetic breakthrough
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:48:42 pm »
We can all hope it comes to fruition

:0001:

Offline Henry Noel

Re: Universal cancer vaccine on horizon after genetic breakthrough
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 03:21:47 pm »
We can all hope it comes to fruition

:0001:

It certainly sounds promising. I hope also that it will teach us that the immune system is the body's first line of defense against cancer and most diseases.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!