Author Topic: Army says bodies of 4 Fort Hood soldiers found  (Read 444 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Army says bodies of 4 Fort Hood soldiers found
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:55:17 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/02/3-dead-3-injured-6-missing-after-flood-sweeps-army-truck.html?intcmp=hpbt2

3 dead, 3 injured, 6 missing after flood sweeps Army truck
Published June 02, 2016 Associated Press

FORT HOOD, Texas –  Fort Hood says three soldiers are dead and six are missing after an Army troop truck was washed from a low-water crossing and overturned in a rain-swollen creek at Fort Hood in Central Texas.

A statement from the Texas Army post says the accident happened about 11:30 a.m. Thursday in an area near Cold Springs and Owl Creek.

Three soldiers were rescued from the swift water. They're in stable condition at Coryell Memorial Healthcare System in Gatesville.

Army aircraft, canine search teams, swift-water rescue watercraft and heavy trucks are being used in the search for the six missing soldiers. The names of the dead are being withheld until their relatives can be notified.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Re: Army says bodies of 4 Fort Hood soldiers found
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:02:14 pm »
Is this a mission that the troops are trained for?

Serious question.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 11:04:29 pm »
I tried to post this to the other thread but it got pulled/merged before I could post it.

I just heard about this from my wife, it's very sad. She raised the question whether the driver was "from here", i.e., Texas; if not, he might not have known how dangerous flash floods can be.

The Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_of_Medium_Tactical_Vehicles

Just goes to show, no matter how much clearance you think you have, "Turn around, don't drown."   **nononono*
Let it burn.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:26:24 am »
Sheesh, a really bad day for our troops...

Blue Angel pilot killed in crash, 3 known dead and maybe 6 more dead soldiers and a Thunderbird crash, thankfully no casualties there...

Prayers up for all involved.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 01:32:55 am »
This is horrible. 

I remember sitting in a tube on the Pedernales one hot summer day, and the water was a little up but not dangerous, yeah, right.  I got flipped over in a little rapid and pulled under for a ways - couldn't get out.  Terrifying.  Then I shot out of the water and was fine.  Water was probably no more than 3 or 4 feet deep.  I'll never forget how strong that current was, holding me under.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 01:04:45 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/03/army-says-bodies-4-fort-hood-soldiers-found.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Published June 03, 2016 FoxNews.com

The Army said Friday they have found the bodies of four Fort Hood soldiers who were swept away in a rain-swollen creek during a training exercise at the sprawling Army base in Central Texas.

Maj. Gen. John Uberti says the bodies were found a day after their 2 1/2-ton truck overturned in Owl Creek at Fort Hood. Five other soldiers were killed and three more injured.

Fort Hood spokesman Chris Haug said late Thursday that teams found the bodies of two more soldiers who had been in the vehicle. Three other soldiers were found dead shortly after the 2 1/2-ton truck overturned in Owl Creek during a morning training exercise on the Central Texas army post.

more...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 01:37:06 am »
My condolences;

Quite a few pass on due to logistics and organization.  As if war was not enough.  Kind of unbelievable and yes, I have been in a flash flood in Texas.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 11:23:52 am »
I will keep asking, "Are they trained for this kind of a mission?"

If that were my son, I would be asking for an investigation.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 12:38:01 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/03/army-says-bodies-4-fort-hood-soldiers-found.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Published June 03, 2016 FoxNews.com

The Army said Friday they have found the bodies of four Fort Hood soldiers who were swept away in a rain-swollen creek during a training exercise at the sprawling Army base in Central Texas.

Maj. Gen. John Uberti says the bodies were found a day after their 2 1/2-ton truck overturned in Owl Creek at Fort Hood. Five other soldiers were killed and three more injured.

Fort Hood spokesman Chris Haug said late Thursday that teams found the bodies of two more soldiers who had been in the vehicle. Three other soldiers were found dead shortly after the 2 1/2-ton truck overturned in Owl Creek during a morning training exercise on the Central Texas army post.

more...
Just damn!

Prayers and condolences to the families and friends.

RIP Troopers.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.