Author Topic: Paul Ryan endorses Donald Trump  (Read 2006 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Paul Ryan endorses Donald Trump
« on: June 02, 2016, 08:04:14 pm »
http://www.gazettextra.com/20160602/paul_ryan_endorses_donald_trump

Paul Ryan says he will vote for Donald Trump

539  3106  9 
Frank Schultz
Thursday, June 2, 2016

Presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks at a recent event.
1 of 2
RELATED STORIES

Paul Ryan: Donald Trump can help make reality of bold House policy agenda  Thursday, June 2, 2016
The speaker of the House of Representatives says he will vote for Donald Trump.

Rep. Paul Ryan made that statement in a column submitted Thursday for publication in The Gazette, his hometown newspaper.

The statement at least partially answers a question on many minds: whether the leader of the House Republicans and chairman of the upcoming Republican National Convention would support Trump's candidacy.

Ryan has criticized Trump during the primary campaign. The two met May 12, but afterward Ryan said it was too soon for an endorsement.

A Ryan campaign spokesman said the column is an endorsement of Trump's candidacy.

Ryan wrote in the opinion piece, which is being released on this website this afternoon, that he and Trump have talked at length.

Ryan's column also touts the “confident America” policy agenda he has been developing since becoming speaker of the House last fall.

“Through these conversations, I feel confident he (Trump) would help us turn the ideas in this agenda into laws to help improve people's lives. That's why I'll be voting for him this fall,” Ryan wrote.

- See more at: http://www.gazettextra.com/20160602/paul_ryan_endorses_donald_trump#sthash.NxWISEQG.dpuf

Offline flowers

Paul Ryan endorses Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:07:33 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/02/politics/paul-ryan-endorses-donald-trump/

Washington (CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan on Thursday said he's voting for presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump.
In an op-ed for the Janesville Gazette of Janesville, Wisconsin, Ryan -- who sparked a political firestorm last month when he told CNN's Jake Tapper he was "just not ready" to back his party's nominee -- says he is now convinced Trump will advance the Republican agenda.

"I feel confident he would help us turn the ideas in this agenda into laws to help improve people's lives. That's why I'll be voting for him this fall," Ryan wrote.
He added, "It's no secret that he and I have our differences. I won't pretend otherwise. And when I feel the need to, I'll continue to speak my mind. But the reality is, on the issues that make up our agenda, we have more common ground than disagreement."
Since Ryan's announcement early last month that he wasn't yet ready to back Trump, the two have met and spoken by phone. A source close to Ryan told CNN the speaker made the decision earlier in the week, but declined to speak on the discussions between the two, saying the op-ed "speaks for itself."
"He didn't give Mr. Trump a heads up. This was always going to be the speaker's own decision on his own timeline," the source said.

HAPPY2BME

Re: Paul Ryan endorses Donald Trump
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 09:13:23 pm »
Ryan knows he can kiss his sorry ass goodbye.

2 little 2 late you SOB!

=============================

Paul Ryan endorses, will vote for Trump

Paul Ryan says he'll vote for Donald Trump in November.

“I'll be voting for @realDonaldTrump this fall. I'm confident he will help turn the House GOP's agenda into laws,” Ryan tweeted on Thursday with a link to a story in his hometown newspaper, The Janesville Gazette.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/02/paul-ryan-donald-trump/85305148/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Ryan Endorses Trump
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:17:30 pm »
Another he's not Hitlery endorsement, but that makes all of the GOPe.  The GOP is Trump's party.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:22:01 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 09:18:11 pm »
Ryan knows he can kiss his sorry ass goodbye.

2 little 2 late you SOB!

=============================

Paul Ryan endorses, will vote for Trump

Paul Ryan says he'll vote for Donald Trump in November.

“I'll be voting for @realDonaldTrump this fall. I'm confident he will help turn the House GOP's agenda into laws,” Ryan tweeted on Thursday with a link to a story in his hometown newspaper, The Janesville Gazette.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/02/paul-ryan-donald-trump/85305148/

"Voting for" is not an endorsement.  I doubt Ryan will spend one minute campaigning for Trump in any fashion.

HAPPY, I don't know what you mean in your snark above.  Ryan has a 73 point lead over his primary challenger, which means he will continue to represent the first district of Wisconsin and continue to be Speaker.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:19:16 pm »
Surprise, surprise. The man's a pushover; that much has been known for eons.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:20:15 pm »
Another he's not hitlery endorsement.

Rep. Paul Ryan made that statement in a column submitted Thursday for publication in The Gazette, his hometown newspaper.

Exactly.  I'm sure if he could have written it on a couple of squares of Charmin and left in the men's room of the Madison bus station, he would have done it.

And it's not an "endorsement."  It's a "what choice do I have"?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:20:49 pm by sinkspur »

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 09:26:14 pm »
"Voting for" is not an endorsement. 
:silly:

Offline Mod2

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 09:30:09 pm »
Arne, flowers - I merged your threads and picked the most descriptive title for the merge.

Thank you both, as always.  :beer:

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 09:34:00 pm »
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 19m19 minutes ago
So great to have the endorsement and support of Paul Ryan. We will both be working very hard to Make America Great Again!

No "thank you," for a non-endorsement.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 09:50:39 pm »
Arne, flowers - I merged your threads and picked the most descriptive title for the merge.

Thank you both, as always.  :beer:
Thanx!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 10:22:55 pm »
Another he's not Hitlery endorsement, but that makes all of the GOPe.  The GOP is Trump's party.

Don't mind me, Once-Ler, my friend.

...but I am compelled to dish out another "I told you so", here.    :beer:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:24:12 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 10:51:49 pm »

Who honestly thought he wouldn't? This Kabuki theater is past the point of absurd.

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 11:01:10 pm »
I don't know how to handle the shock.  This was completely unexpected, lol.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 11:18:19 pm »
“Through these conversations, I feel confident he (Trump) would help us turn the ideas in this agenda into laws to help improve people's lives. That's why I'll be voting for him this fall,” Ryan wrote.

I like it!   :thumbsup2:

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 01:21:16 am »
Don't mind me, Once-Ler, my friend.

...but I am compelled to dish out another "I told you so", here.    :beer:
So you did.  You win a case of sour persimmons.  They're in the mail.
 :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 01:47:39 am »
Does it really matter who endorses the Orange Jello Brain??  I don't see any endorsement changing the minds of #NeverTrump.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 02:02:22 am »
Does it really matter who endorses the Orange Jello Brain??  I don't see any endorsement changing the minds of #NeverTrump.

Minds. Some will, some won't

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 02:05:23 am »
Minds. Some will, some won't

At this point, with Trump's racist remarks about Judge Curiel, few #NeverTrumps will change their minds. In fact, most will dig in harder.

geronl

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 04:21:30 am »
It's very predictable that RINO's put the party over principles.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 02:24:42 pm »
Ryan, Obama budget-boy and lyin' Don are both big government liberals.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 02:34:51 pm »

Hardly a ringing endorsement.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 03:49:00 pm »