Author Topic: Why I am now All-In for Donald Trump - It is now personal  (Read 16895 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Why I am now All-In for Donald Trump - It is now personal
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2016, 02:02:48 am »
Not my yob mang. You have access to the same internet I do. Use it, research and discover who lines up with your vision for America.

If you want someone to tell you who you should vote for rather than discovering who you should vote for through research, just vote for Donald as so many tell you and be done with it. Personally I have more self worth than going down that road but to each their own.

I am genuinely pleading ignorance to any conservatives running. I literally know of none. Gary Johnson might come closest, is that who you're talking about?

I would vote for this French guy I guess. The border is an important topic to me, very important. I will have to see how he stands there.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2016, 02:09:29 am »
All of you people need to read up on just how much of a lying evil witch-b*tch is Hillary.    You cannot imagine what sort of sh*t storm that hate-filled evil harpy will unleash on us.   

Then bring it, I say - Better now than upon my children or grandchildren.

• Technical
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2016, 02:10:29 am »
Then bring it, I say - Better now than upon my children or grandchildren.

Her Supreme Court picks could last that long...

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2016, 02:11:32 am »
I am genuinely pleading ignorance to any conservatives running. I literally know of none. Gary Johnson might come closest, is that who you're talking about?

I would vote for this French guy I guess. The border is an important topic to me, very important. I will have to see how he stands there.
I'm not talking about anyone in particular actually. I'm just saying the same thing I have said for years now.

The bottom line comes down to this. We can vote for Trump, a man with a lifetime of liberalism and a sudden Damascus conversion conveniently occurring after Bill Clinton recommended he run as a Republican, or we can vote for someone else.

Now we can vote to win no matter what, not caring who we win with or what we win. In that situation, then Trump is the obvious choice. He is likely getting many of those votes and we see people say it all the time. So thats the safe bet. But you get a liberal when he wins. And his victory is anything but assured.

Or you can stand your ground on principle and literally vote for anyone else on the GOP ticket, third party or a write-in, who is provably more conservative. You might win. You might lose. But if you win, you have something more conservative than Hillary or Trump. If you lose, you lost with Trump regardless. So it's really a no lose scenario for conservatives.

We can maintain the principles the country was founded on or we van play pragmatism games, flush those principles and flush our integrity and conservatism along with it.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 02:16:37 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2016, 02:12:18 am »

And Donald said everything is negotiable.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2016, 02:13:51 am »
Was taking my grandkids out over the weekend when I get sideswiped by another car.

When we exchanged information, I asked for his driver's license.  He did not have one, only a Mexican ID, which I have no idea is a real license or not.

The policeman on the scene simply shrugged his shoulders and said 'Just report it to the insurance company, as the police will not do anything about it'.

I do not know if the Donald will come through if elected with his promises, but I sure as hell need SOMEONE to stand up and tell these people to go back to where they came from.  This illegal(I guess) almost took away the most precious things in the world to me.

I can appreciate your position.

• Technical
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2016, 02:14:39 am »
And Donald said everything is negotiable.

Yeah, so with Trump it's unknown, with Hillary it's not. We know what we'll get and that it'll be terrible.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2016, 02:18:04 am »
This site us getting as bad as TOS I abandoned months ago.

People - stand on principle of ideas. Do not become JR.

This site will NEVER become anything like TOS.

Don't worry.

People occasionally behave badly (BOTH sides), but it always ends with reason, and this will too.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

debrawiest

« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2016, 02:18:30 am »
Was taking my grandkids out over the weekend when I get sideswiped by another car.

When we exchanged information, I asked for his driver's license.  He did not have one, only a Mexican ID, which I have no idea is a real license or not.

The policeman on the scene simply shrugged his shoulders and said 'Just report it to the insurance company, as the police will not do anything about it'.

I do not know if the Donald will come through if elected with his promises, but I sure as hell need SOMEONE to stand up and tell these people to go back to where they came from.  This illegal(I guess) almost took away the most precious things in the world to me.

Let me say that I'm glad neither you nor your grandchildren were harmed. I'm a grandma of an 18-month old boy. He's the world to me. Unfortunately, Trump isn't the answer. (But still glad you weren't injured.)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2016, 02:20:07 am »
Yeah, so with Trump it's unknown, with Hillary it's not. We know what we'll get and that it'll be terrible.

I dunno, Weird.  We know that we'll get "terrible" if a 6 year old narcissist with no values and no regard for the Constitution coupled with a desire for absolute power as well.

There is no "lesser" with these two evils.

(And YES, we DO know how bad Hillary is).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2016, 02:21:20 am »

So would you prefer the knife in your chest (Hillary) prefer playing Cesar to Donald's Brutus and wondering when the knife will strike, or not getting stabbed at all?

Hopeandchange wasn't a strategy for Obamazombies. We mocked the crap out of them for it. This is exactly the same. Do you really want to elect a guy like Trump? A guy with his history? Based on the 'logic' that we simply don't know what he'll do once elected?

Really?

Then lets just save the inevitable and call an end to what little remains of America right now.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2016, 02:23:16 am »
Are you advocating that people vote for Mr. Trump?  If so, then you are, ipso facto, a supporter of Donald Trump.

If you are not so advocating, then I apologize for lumping you in with that lot.

You make a good point.

If one is advocating voting for Trump (as this one is), and attempting to bully others into voting for Trump (as this one is) then one IS a supporter of Trump.

Period.

• Technical
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2016, 02:23:39 am »
So would you prefer the knife in your chest (Hillary) prefer playing Cesar to Donald's Brutus and wondering when the knife will strike, or not getting stabbed at all?

Hopeandchange wasn't a strategy for Obamazombies. We mocked the crap out of them for it. This is exactly the same. Do you really want to elect a guy like Trump? A guy with his history? Based on the 'logic' that we simply don't know what he'll do once elected?

Really?

Then lets just save the inevitable and call an end to what little remains of America right now.

I'm not sold on Trump, just open to him. Would you rather have a scratched losing lottery ticket or an unscratched one?  ^-^

I realize that gambling is stupid but I'll go with the latter.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2016, 02:24:32 am »

Not a valid argument, as there is no promise that his SCOTUS picks would be any better at all.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2016, 02:27:40 am »
I'm not sold on Trump, just open to him. Would you rather have a scratched losing lottery ticket or an unscratched one?  ^-^

I realize that gambling is stupid but I'll go with the latter.

The lottery is a tax for people who are bad at math.

• Technical
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2016, 02:28:42 am »
Not a valid argument, as there is no promise that his SCOTUS picks would be any better at all.

But you know that Hillary's will be horrible.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2016, 02:31:29 am »
You make a good point.

If one is advocating voting for Trump (as this one is), and attempting to bully others into voting for Trump (as this one is) then one IS a supporter of Trump.

Period.

It's the same lack of logic that leads people to mistakenly think they can get away with voting for liberals and call themselves conservatives. As Lincoln pointed out, you can call a dogs tail a leg. How many legs does a dog have? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2016, 02:32:47 am »

I suggest that you go to the website of the Secretary of State's office for your state. They usually have a list of parties that have qualified to be on the ballot in your state.  From there, you can check out the websites of each party to read about the party's positions, and the candidate the party is putting forward.

In some states, like Texas, there will also be a list of approved write-in candidates, although depending on the deadline to submit signatures, that list might not be available yet.
Let it burn.

• Technical
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2016, 02:33:22 am »
The lottery is a tax for people who are bad at math.

True, and I never go that way. Just saying that is how I see things. No I'm not a Trump supporter yet. Probably won't decide until November.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2016, 02:35:07 am »
True, and I never go that way. Just saying that is how I see things. No I'm not a Trump supporter yet. Probably won't decide until November.

All I'm saying is that if we treat America like a lottery, we deserve everything we vote for.

• Technical
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2016, 02:35:28 am »
I suggest that you go to the website of the Secretary of State's office for your state. They usually have a list of parties that have qualified to be on the ballot in your state.  From there, you can check out the websites of each party to read about the party's positions, and the candidate the party is putting forward.

In some states, like Texas, there will also be a list of approved write-in candidates, although depending on the deadline to submit signatures, that list might not be available yet.

Writing in a candidate is a ridiculous waste of time IMO, I'd rather sit at home than do that nonsense.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2016, 02:37:48 am »
Writing in a candidate is a ridiculous waste of time IMO, I'd rather sit at home than do that nonsense.

OK... what about the rest of it? Do you also consider it a waste of time to investigate parties other than the Big 2?  If so, why pretend you might not vote for Mr. Trump?
Let it burn.

• Technical
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2016, 02:40:43 am »
OK... what about the rest of it? Do you also consider it a waste of time to investigate parties other than the Big 2?  If so, why pretend you might not vote for Mr. Trump?

I voted for President 3 times in my life once for Nader, once for Bob Barr in 2008, and once for Mitt Romney in 2012. So I have no problem voting 3rd party. Just want to know who is actually "conservative" based on the popular definition of it here. I haven't heard of any candidates.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:01 am »
But you know that Hillary's will be horrible.

Likewise Trump's - And Trump's would blow right through a Republican senate. no thanks.

We will have no agreement other than focusing on Senate and House, and Governors, and state houses
There is no logical reason to endorse such a man.
Strengthen what remains, so that there are buttresses built against the excesses of either liberal jackass that may attain the White house.
There is no other solution, unless y'all want to fire up the Constitution Party or the AIP

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2016, 02:46:13 am »
I voted for President 3 times in my life once for Nader, once for Bob Barr in 2008, and once for Mitt Romney in 2012. So I have no problem voting 3rd party. Just want to know who is actually "conservative" based on the popular definition of it here. I haven't heard of any candidates.

Check out the Constitution Party or the American Independent party - either one stands on solid Conservative ground.