Author Topic: Why I am now All-In for Donald Trump - It is now personal  (Read 16896 times)

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Why I am now All-In for Donald Trump - It is now personal
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2016, 02:49:45 am »
I voted for President 3 times in my life once for Nader, once for Bob Barr in 2008, and once for Mitt Romney in 2012. So I have no problem voting 3rd party. Just want to know who is actually "conservative" based on the popular definition of it here. I haven't heard of any candidates.

Rather than depending on someone else's definitions, why not read the stated positions of the parties and candidates and make up your own mind which one best aligns with your own beliefs?  That's how it's supposed to work in a representative republic.
Let it burn.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2016, 02:54:19 am »
Rather than depending on someone else's definitions, why not read the stated positions of the parties and candidates and make up your own mind which one best aligns with your own beliefs?  That's how it's supposed to work in a representative republic.

What makes you think I don't do that?  Norm and crew, the "Principled set", seem to think their perfect candidate is out there, shimmering down from heaven, to lead Conservatives to glory or something. maybe a resurrected reagan. I think it doesn't exist, personally.

I will vote based upon my own criteria, period.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2016, 02:54:36 am »
I am genuinely pleading ignorance to any conservatives running. I literally know of none. Gary Johnson might come closest, is that who you're talking about?

I would vote for this French guy I guess. The border is an important topic to me, very important. I will have to see how he stands there.

Austin Peterson is running on the Constitution ticket. 

• Technical
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2016, 02:57:43 am »

See I did not know that, thought he was only libertarian. I took a test and my views came out closest to his, and I had no idea who he was. Ted Cruz was my #2 I think. Trump wasn't far behind.

Glad you made a useful reply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2016, 03:01:04 am »
See I did not know that, thought he was only libertarian. I took a test and my views came out closest to his, and I had no idea who he was. Ted Cruz was my #2 I think. Trump wasn't far behind.

Glad you made a useful reply.

I try... :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2016, 03:01:45 am »

??
We're crossed up some how.
Constitution Party is Darrell Castle/Scott Bradley
http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Are y'all talking of another other 'Constitution ticket'?

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2016, 03:07:16 am »
What makes you think I don't do that?

... I was ready to type out a long detailed response, but what's the point.  I think I'm done here. I could say why, but that would border on being more impolite than the keepers of the board want. So I won't say it.
Let it burn.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2016, 03:11:20 am »
??
We're crossed up some how.
Constitution Party is Darrell Castle/Scott Bradley
http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Are y'all talking of another other 'Constitution ticket'?

Sorry, I felt that was wrong as I typed it.  Yes, Peterson is a libertarian, but I like his take on immigration and he is more socially conservative than Johnson.

• Technical
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2016, 03:12:01 am »
... I was ready to type out a long detailed response, but what's the point.  I think I'm done here. I could say why, but that would border on being more impolite than the keepers of the board want. So I won't say it.

Well fiddlysticks to you too sir. I now my bare my quivering ghost white buttcheeks in anticipation of our next meeting.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2016, 03:14:33 am »

I believe he is LP, and finished behind their nominee Gary Johnson at their convention over the weekend.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2016, 03:16:47 am »
Well fiddlysticks to you too sir. I now my bare my quivering ghost white buttcheeks in anticipation of our next meeting.

I try to stay polite, and this is what it gets me.

I told you how to find the information; if you're too damn lazy to go find it, no skin off my nose.
Let it burn.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2016, 05:06:31 pm »
Don't let anyone dissuade you. I'm not a Trump fan, but I'm not really an anyone fan, and stories like this may help me make up my mind before election.

Who you vote for is your business and your's alone.

Hopefully you got his plates?

Yes I did.  He seemed an ok fellow, but no one should be driving without a license.  Wish I knew whether the Mexican ID he showed me qualified as a legitimate license, and whether Texas has a reciprocal agreement with Mexico re drivers.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2016, 05:10:24 pm »
Wow.  And, the police would do nothing?

The cop just shrugged his shoulders and said it happens all the time.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2016, 05:14:14 pm »
This is one disgusting thread.  Some of you brought TOS with you.  Telling members here they are plants.  Using shortened profanity and insults to make a point.  And some who aren't recently welcomed transplants letting everyone know that those who are willing to cast a vote for Trump won't last long here?  This was a really decent forum for several years.  There are those who are never going to vote for Trump; those who gladly support him, and those who will vote for him because they feel Hillary is worth defeating.  You all have your points to make.  But get over it! Arguments based on insults, stupid names and crude comparisons are not intellectual arguments.  Some of you are doing exactly what you came over here complaining about how it was being done to you over at TOS.

Please don't bring this forum down to the level of TOS.  Thank you.

Thanks for that note.  I actually had one of those attacking me send me a note elsewhere to ask me why I pulled the thread.

I am a strong Cruz supporter but he will just not make it this time around.  In meantime, I will look toward DT to solve the mess of an open border than encourages lawlessness.  I have my doubts in whether he will, but it is certainly worth the try.

« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2016, 05:21:33 pm »
The issue you describe needs to be dealt with appropriately.  Dastardly Donald is not the answer.

I do not disagree with that statement.

Our primary goal is to elect a Congress that will not allow any President to disregard the law.  DT is not the answer for sure on that end, as I am afraid at the end of the day he will have to be reined in or we will have a kingdom instead of a Republic.

so let's get a Congress elected that will make the law and force the Executive Branch under penalty of removal to enforce it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2016, 05:47:00 pm »

And this is the guy who's chastising others for not being nice enough?? 

Yikes.  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2016, 05:57:56 pm »
Thanks for that note.  I actually had one of those attacking me send me a note elsewhere to ask me why I pulled the thread.

I am a strong Cruz supporter but he will just not make it this time around.  In meantime, I will look toward DT to solve the mess of an open border than encourages lawlessness.  I have my doubts in whether he will, but it is certainly worth the try.

You are on the right track my friend. I also like Cruz as a Constitutionalist, and would support him as a
Supreme. Ask the plants if they support Cruz as a Supreme.  They are strangely silent.

There seems to be more trolls than when I posted on a regular basis long before the election.

Al
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

geronl

« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2016, 06:22:21 pm »

for what office?

Darrell Castle is the Constitution Party nominee

geronl

« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2016, 06:23:59 pm »
Yes I did.  He seemed an ok fellow, but no one should be driving without a license.  Wish I knew whether the Mexican ID he showed me qualified as a legitimate license, and whether Texas has a reciprocal agreement with Mexico re drivers.

Matricula Consular's are NOT drivers licenses

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2016, 06:30:50 pm »
The OP's real world experience is like the story "a conservative, is a liberal that has been mugged."

:amen: :amen:
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2016, 12:51:06 am »
My daughter was hit by an apparent illegal, years ago. She was very shaken and her car was totaled.

The cop on the scene was also a neighbor and running friend of mine. He actually went to the address the offender provided, when off duty.

The address was faked, as were probably the other identification documents. Licenses and other ID documents are very easy to come by, and employers do not scrutinize them much at all.

The #nevertrumps are comprised of a variety of types, some being supporters of unrestricted immigration; others simply OCD with too much spare time, and  not enough common sense.
I was hit by an apparent illegal years ago too, he had fake ID with a bogus address, my Wife and small children were in the car, the apparent illegal was a drunk Irishman. No lie!
And as for the super intellectual portion of your comment  in regards to #NeverTrumps, let me see if I have you quoted correctly " catty, catty, bitch, bitch, whine, whine". Your serve

« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2016, 01:50:12 am »
Matricula Consular's are NOT drivers licenses

Thanks for intel.

Oceander

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2016, 01:53:27 am »
My daughter was hit by an apparent illegal, years ago. She was very shaken and her car was totaled.

The cop on the scene was also a neighbor and running friend of mine. He actually went to the address the offender provided, when off duty.

The address was faked, as were probably the other identification documents. Licenses and other ID documents are very easy to come by, and employers do not scrutinize them much at all.

The #nevertrumps are comprised of a variety of types, some being supporters of unrestricted immigration; others simply OCD with too much spare time, and  not enough common sense.

drink much?

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2016, 11:31:15 pm »
You are on the right track my friend. I also like Cruz as a Constitutionalist, and would support him as a
Supreme. Ask the plants if they support Cruz as a Supreme.  They are strangely silent.

There seems to be more trolls than when I posted on a regular basis long before the election.

Al

Trolls, plants?  Lord, I hope we're not back to that one again.  :laugh:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2016, 11:40:58 pm »

You must think surviving a Hitlery is an option.    Just imagine how much hatred Obama feels towards you.   Now square it,   and you get an idea of what a Hitlery is. 

Hillary has committed dozens of illegal acts as first lady,  more as Senator,   and more still as Secretary of state.   

All of you people need to read up on just how much of a lying evil witch-b*tch is Hillary.    You cannot imagine what sort of sh*t storm that hate-filled evil harpy will unleash on us.   

Read up on Hillary.   Just do it.   You people need to understand that this one is different.   She is vile on a level that is beyond the comprehension of most.
Trump is a Clinton I don't think America will survive either one. You want someone to colloborate with the destruction of this country you find somebody else.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour