Author Topic: Does Disney-Pixar’s new Finding Dory trailer show a lesbian couple?  (Read 930 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Does Disney-Pixar’s new Finding Dory trailer show a lesbian couple?

HOLLYWOOD, May 30, 2016 (LifeSiteNews) – The LGBT movement is all atwitter at the prospect that the much anticipated, much-promoted animated family film Finding Dory will include a lesbian couple when it hits America’s theatres June 17.

Billed as a sequel to the 2003 hit Finding Nemo, in which Dory had a supporting role, and set in the same bright, world of wisecracking tropical aquatic life, Finding Dory is produced by Pixar Animation Studios, a subsidiary of Walt Disney Pictures. The title fish, a young Blue Tang that has forgotten where its parents are but knows terms such as “short-term memory loss” and “date night,” is voiced by talk show hostess Ellen Degeneres.

The fact that Degeneres came out as a lesbian in 1997 perhaps attracted extra LGBT attention to the second promotional trailer for Finding Dory which aired for the first time on her own show, Ellen, earlier in May.

The two-and-a-half minute preview appears to reveal the whole plot including the happy ending but at the 1:08 point shows an octopus jumping into a baby carriage to the consternation of two young women nearby. Are they best female friends or a lesbian couple whose child has been displaced from the carriage? Given the movie’s frenetic pace, their appearance could be fleeting and their relationship undeveloped. The trailer does not reveal the answer.

More At: https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/does-disney-pixars-new-finding-dory-trailer-show-a-lesbian-couple

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If you constantly see gay in everything, I have bad news for you. I saw the trailer and even the screen grabs and slowed down version Life Site posted and other than two women in the same frame, there is no indication they are gay. No rainbow flags, no macking down each other, no carpet shopping (I understand that is a thing, I guess the don't like hardwood floors?), no gay marriage, no glitter bombs, no Hillary. Just two women in the same frame.

They could be friends, sisters, acquaintances, mother/daughter, walking by happenstance.

When these kind of things come up, my first thought is a Rorschach Test- they show more about the observer than the actual image being observed.

Oceander

If you constantly see gay in everything, I have bad news for you. I saw the trailer and even the screen grabs and slowed down version Life Site posted and other than two women in the same frame, there is no indication they are gay. No rainbow flags, no macking down each other, no carpet shopping (I understand that is a thing, I guess the don't like hardwood floors?), no gay marriage, no glitter bombs, no Hillary. Just two women in the same frame.

They could be friends, sisters, acquaintances, mother/daughter, walking by happenstance.

When these kind of things come up, my first thought is a Rorschach Test- they show more about the observer than the actual image being observed.

Looks like a pelvic bone

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
So, it's a teletubbies situation then and I fell for it. I thought it might be alarmist but posted anyway.