Author Topic: PA.: "Man drowns trying to rescue dog in Pennypack Creek"  (Read 326 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
PA.: "Man drowns trying to rescue dog in Pennypack Creek"
« on: May 30, 2016, 06:05:56 pm »
Here we go again with another animal story; and commendations to this brave soul for his humane effort.

Man drowns trying to rescue dog in Pennypack Creek

A 68-year-old man drowned Monday when he jumped into the rain swollen Pennypack Creek in Northeast Philadelphia to rescue his dog, police said.

Police said it was not immediately clear if the dog jumped or fell into the creek while on a walk with its owner in the Bustleton section off Pine Road.

The man jumped into the creek but was swept away by the current, according to the initial investigation, police said.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160531_Body_found_in_Pennypack_Creek.html#iza3ougpRj3kjCoM.99

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: PA.: "Man drowns trying to rescue dog in Pennypack Creek"
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 08:33:09 pm »
I understand the man's love for his friend. Sad for his family.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 08:45:41 pm »
Good thing I was in the Navy. One of the lessons in Naval training was specifically about not dying.

Killing yourself is not a good plan, if you truly want to rescue someone. Look for a better way.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 09:00:30 pm »
It doesn't say what kind of dog it was; that would be interesting.  Maybe the owner tried to save some little pet dog; I guess one would hope most medium sized dogs could swim. We know some dogs can swim pretty much.