Author Topic: Claude Moine (aka Eddy Mitchell)  (Read 1478 times)

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Claude Moine (aka Eddy Mitchell)
« on: May 30, 2016, 02:40:35 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-W4VgQtLNA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bq35UB5cmY

Claude Moine (born 3 July 1942), better known by his stage name Eddy Mitchell, is a French singer and actor. He began his career in the late 1950s, with the group Les Chaussettes Noires (The Black Socks), taking his name from the American expatriate tough-guy actor Eddie Constantine (later the star of Jean-Luc Godard's Alphaville). The band performed at the Parisian nightclub Golf-Drouot before signing to Barclay Records and finding almost instant success; in 1961 it sold two million records.

Heavily influenced by American rock & roll, Mitchell (who went solo in 1963) has often recorded outside France, at first in London, but later in Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee. Guitarist Big Jim Sullivan, Jimmy Page and drummer Bobby Graham were among the British session musicians who regularly supported him in London. For his American recordings he employed session men such as Roger Hawkins, David Hood, Jimmy Johnson, Kenneth Buttrey, Reggie Young, David Briggs, Charlie McCoy and others.

A great lover of American films, he hosted "La Dernière Séance", a TV show about American cinema from 1981 to 1998 on FR3 (later France 3). Its format was like an old-fashioned double-feature picture show, with two movies, cartoons, newseels and stage attractions.

He is the voice of Flappy in the French version of the 2005 film of The Magic Roundabout.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_Mitchell

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_Mitchell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANk21RYlU1c

The Last Session Eddy Mitchell

Figaro - By Jean-Luc Wachthausen (English Translation)

THE SONGS IN FRANCE (21/41) – For the child of Belleville fed to American cinema, the country ballad marked his return into the spotlight while the Elvis left forever.

It was Tuesday evening. The credits of the show opened with a gentle country ballad. In his deep voice and swaying, Eddy Mitchell sang the final session, which stretched to the familiar melody haunting tones of a pedal steel guitar. So the front of a neon-lit film, the Trianon de Romainville, appeared at the same time as passed in the street a big yellow taxi. Inside the room atmosphere of neighborhood movie with fifties-looking extras, film posters on the walls and eager attendants.

In front of the box, Mr. Eddy, impeccable dress and ticket in hand, told the two films of the evening, often westerns or series B style Creature from the Black Lagoon, to do with 3D glasses. Unbeatable on the trivia or the story of Hollywood stars whose name was dreaming: Gary Cooper, Ava Gardner, Errol Flynn, Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas.

Old stories for this issue was born five years after the release of the song, which was a success. It requires the style and easygoing film buff, however, pointed to a retro, for sixteen years, shared his America with him. One of the great outdoors and dreams within reach, the unlikely marriage of auteur cinema and Hollywood. Suddenly, Schmoll has become simply “Mr. Eddy.” A man from the West side of Belleville, who knows his classics and leads from front his career as a singer and actor for Bertrand Tavernier and Jean-Pierre Mocky.

Zoom on the 1970 period in hollow Eddy Mitchell, who lost his way Socks (black) but not his head. It looks and aligns albums undefined style Rock and Roll (1971) Zig Zag (1972) or electrical Ketchup (1973). No inspiration, the void. Ironically, on France Inter, he hosted a show called In the meantime it out. It’ll pass in 1974 with a return to rock and country music in Nashville, Tennessee, where he will record a particular year before the death of the King on the road to Memphis (1976) and especially the following year, The last session. Meanwhile, in England, the Sex Pistols set fire to the rock scene by inventing the punk revolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khe-GjgGqhs

Not enough to move Mr. Eddy. On the back cover of the album, we see a film at the Majestic. On the front it is in a room, surprised by the flashlight of an opener, while Elvis’ face is projected on the screen. Inside, photos of the 1950 film, The Night of the Hunter, Vera Cruz … A drive-rock attitude which opens the way to success. Paradoxically, in this album consists of several adaptations (The voice of Elvis, Charlie Brown is), the last session, written by him and composed his accomplice Papadiamandis Pierre, who will work better.

“It’s funny, says Eddy Mitchell today is that I wrote in 1976 a song gone unnoticed, is OK, that was the B-side of No boogie woogie. And I remember that I mentioned already the closing of a theater of my childhood: “I am amazed / The Belleville Pathé is closed / But it’s my favorite movie / A promoter broke my heart.”

I was a kid from Belleville, a paradise for movie lovers. My father, who worked nights, took me to the movies every day after school. And when I wrote a year later the last session to drive the point home, Peter Papadiamandis said, “But you already told it” No doubt, but I really wanted to come back. We must believe that I was right, but guess not so popular public because it was a very personal song. “
“I extended my dreams of a kid”

In the 1970s, the curtain will fall on the screen in many rooms that close the area after another. In Paris, between Belleville and Menilmontant, there were about thirty movies including the Alcazar, the Alhambra, the Bellevue, Eden Jean-Jaurès, the Fairy-Pathé, the Menil-Palace. All closed. Ditto for the famous Gaumont Palace, boulevard de Clichy, who in 1973 gave way to a resort. For its part, the Kinopanorama, known for its giant screen will be destroyed in 2002.

Meanwhile, it’s the end of a film. In that year, Henri-Georges Clouzot, Jacques Prévert, Roberto Rossellini, Jacques Tourneur and Charlie Chaplin movies disappear, while Rocky and Network triumph at the Oscars.

Yet no nostalgia in Eddy Mitchell, otherwise some regrets about a bygone era. “With” The Last Session, “I extended my dreams of a kid. I think it a good spirit prevailed. When the program stopped in late December 1998, I realized that that was enough. It had been around the subject. Television had changed and turned the tap to films. “

Similarly, he will probably be more in Nashville. The capital of the country-rock has evolved in twenty years. “As elsewhere, the crisis of the disc has been through it and the industry took a hit, says he. So, country music has become very sanitized. “

“His last lap,” as he says, Eddy Mitchell began a year ago during his farewell tour ending at the Olympia. On the evening of September 5, the big red curtain will fall one last time over fifty-year career. Still no nostalgia but a big heart sank for the rocker will continue to make songs. And “film”. After Happiness is in the field, he just re-enlist with Stephen Chatilliez. One way to extend the “Last Session” which became his madeleine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG_mNps0cNc

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 02:53:56 pm by ExFreeper »
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman