Author Topic: Dirtbag Nitwit Drives Through Field Of Crosses  (Read 422 times)

rangerrebew

Dirtbag Nitwit Drives Through Field Of Crosses
« on: May 30, 2016, 01:25:56 pm »
Dirtbag Nitwit Drives Through Field Of Crosses

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/dirtbag-nitwit-drives-through-field-of-crosses

May 29, 2016| by Robert Gehl

Some deranged nitwit decided to plow through a field of crosses carefully laid out for Memorial day.

In Henderson, Kentucky, Saturday was an emotion day for many in Henderson, after a driver plowed down more than 160 Memorial Day crosses in Central Park.

drive through crossesPolice arrested 27-year-old Anthony Burrus in the case. He’s facing charges of leaving the scene of a crash and criminal mischief.

Officials say they found the dozens of crosses knocked over by a car Saturday morning. Some of them were damaged, while the others were destroyed.

On each of the 5,000 crosses, there is a name of a member of the military who has passed away.

The committee in charge of the crosses spent the rest of the weekend repairing them and putting them back in place before the Memorial Day ceremony at the park.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:27:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Dirtbag Nitwit Drives Through Field Of Crosses
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 01:37:02 pm »
Dirtbag for sure.  I'm only waiting for some sleezebag lawyer to come up with a defense that was because the first Memorial Day came at the end of the Civil War and we shouldn't honor Confederate slave owners, or some stupid crap like that.

This punk kid just goes to show that people have no respect for anything anymore and it starts with parents.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 02:53:49 pm »

He’s accused of plowing over 160 Memorial Day crosses, what he says when faced with evidence
May 29, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article

Want more hot BPR News stories? Sign up for our morning blast HERE

A display of crosses dedicated to deceased military members in Henderson, Kentucky was destroyed by a man who ran over them with his car.

Anthony Burrus

Police said Anthony Burrus, 27, drove through the display early Saturday morning, News Channel 10 reported.

The alleged vandal knocked over 160 crosses, of which 20 were completely obliterated.

Volunteers managed to the 140 crosses back up, according to News Channel 10.

Each cross had the name of a military serviceperson from Henderson who had perished.

“For somebody to do this to a veteran who gave his life, I don’t understand. I don’t have any words. I’m speechless,” American Legion member Jim Hanley told The Henderson Gleaner. Henderson Crosses Man

“I lost my son seven years ago, and this is so sad to know somebody would do this without thinking about the consequences,” Bob Dutton Sr., who found the destroyed cross dedicated to his son Robert K. Dutton, said.

Henderson Police Public Information Officer Jennifer Richmond said that a large number of tips, vehicle searches and Facebook posts helped police link the crime to Burrus.

For his part, Burris denied doing the damage and told police he had abandoned the 1979 Ford Thunderbird at a McDonald’s because it wasn’t running.

When officers found the vehicle it had pieces of the crosses and a ground stake embedded in its tires, according to News Channel 10.

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/05/29/hes-accused-of-plowing-over-160-memorial-day-crosses-what-he-says-when-faced-with-evidence-346042#ixzz4A9QNerwk

geronl

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 02:56:40 pm »
Reminds me of the Trump supporters who parked their cars in a cemetery for a rally. On the graves!

Words like "dirtbag", "nitwit" are redundant to my example.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 03:19:24 pm »
I'd like to know if this driver has a previous record (may be a rap sheet a mile long, sorry, I don't say that to offend) and if he was as high as a kite on crack or very inebriated.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 03:23:56 pm »

I didn't know how to make a transparency back then