Author Topic: Libertarians now arguing over how to condemn the man who came onstage and stripped down to a thong.  (Read 425 times)

Offline Fantom

Damn that Trump......er my bad...obviously it was YUGE.  :smokin:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 11:28:12 pm by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Byron Tau ✔ ‎@ByronTau
One of the candidates for Libertarian Party chair used his two minute speech to strip.
5:34 PM - 29 May 2016

:laugh:

Good lord!  :facepalm2:

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I consider myself a small “l” libertarian.  The principals of “libertarianism”; that of a small, limited and constitutionally restrained federal government and a champion of the rights of the individual and of the individual states, freedom of association, etc., are I think, closest to those of the Founding Fathers, especially those of the anti-federalists such as Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams.

I briefly joined the Libertarian Party around the time of the 1996 election when neither Bill Clinton nor Bob Dole nor Ross Perot were choices I could stomach and I ended up voting for Harry Browne in protest.

But what I saw when I became involved in the Maryland Libertarian Party back then, and it seems to still be the case now, that was it was a lot like herding cats - many, many cats and with some of those cats being very spastic and possibly high on cat nip or other herbal substances. Not all of them, I met some really great people, some who were like me disaffected former Republicans, but unfortunately the Libertarian Party seems attract more of its share of fruits and nuts.

FWIW, this guy James Weeks was apparently a late entry to the race for chair and his name was not listed on the party’s initial materials.

This is evidently him:

http://teapartycheer.com/bios/midwest/michigan/james-weeks-mi-bio/
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I consider myself a small “l” libertarian.  The principals of “libertarianism”; that of a small, limited and constitutionally restrained federal government and a champion of the rights of the individual and of the individual states, freedom of association, etc., are I think, closest to those of the Founding Fathers, especially those of the anti-federalists such as Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams.

I briefly joined the Libertarian Party around the time of the 1996 election when neither Bill Clinton nor Bob Dole nor Ross Perot were choices I could stomach and I ended up voting for Harry Browne in protest.

But what I saw when I became involved in the Maryland Libertarian Party back then, and it seems to still be the case now, that was it was a lot like herding cats - many, many cats and with some of those cats being very spastic and possibly high on cat nip or other herbal substances. Not all of them, I met some really great people, some who were like me disaffected former Republicans, but unfortunately the Libertarian Party seems attract more of its share of fruits and nuts.

FWIW, this guy James Weeks was apparently a late entry to the race for chair and his name was not listed on the party’s initial materials.

This is evidently him:

http://teapartycheer.com/bios/midwest/michigan/james-weeks-mi-bio/

How did you like it following 9-11-2001, when Harry Browne blamed America for the attack?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln