Author Topic: Ted Cruz: I’ll Fight to Keep the Republican Platform Pro-Life, “You Have My Word  (Read 1195 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ted Cruz: I’ll Fight to Keep the Republican Platform Pro-Life, “You Have My Word

Former Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz says he will pull out all the stops to keep the Republican Party platform pro-life. His decision comes as a response to presumptive nominee Donald Trump who said in April that he “absolutely” wants to change the Republican party’s current pro-life platform to promote abortions in cases of rape or incest.

“Yes I would. Absolutely, for the three exceptions, I would,” he said. Trump was then pressed further and asked if he would make an exception to protect the “health” of the mother. “I would leave it for the life of the mother, but I would absolutely have the three exceptions.”

Now, Cruz is telling his supporters they have “his word” that he will fight to retain the pro-life language.

[float=right]    [Radio host Pat] Campbell asked Cruz if he could promise to listeners to ensure Republicans in Cleveland do not “screw around with the party platform and remove the abortion plank, or alter it.”

“You have my word. One of the reasons that we are continuing to work to elect conservatives to be delegates, even though Donald has the delegates to get the nomination, we intend to do everything we can to fight for conservative principles to prevent Washington forces from watering down the platform,” Cruz said. “The platform is a manifestation of what we believe as a party, and I think it is important that it continue to reflect conservative values, free-market values, constitutional liberties, Judeo-Christian principles, the values that built this country, and that is exactly what I intend to fight for.”[/float]

Read More At: http://www.lifenews.com/2016/05/27/ted-cruz-ill-fight-to-keep-the-republican-platform-pro-life-you-have-my-word/

This is causing a ruckus over there among the fakes. It looks like Roger Stone also helped start a Republican Pro-Choice group.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republicans_for_Choice

Offline LadyLiberty

Stone has been wanting to get pro-abort language into the platform for a long time.  Kudos to Cruz for not giving up on getting the right delegates to the convention.  They may have to vote for a candidate they don't support on the first ballot, but they are not bound when it comes to the platform. 

Offline TomSea

Sometimes, Roger Stone seems like he could be the writer of the odd ball well known blog, Lame Cherry. Mixed feelings on that, I followed that blog for a while a few years ago. Sounds like a former insider, maybe even Nixon insider.  Still, a bit too colorful for me.

Offline LadyLiberty

Offline TomSea

Thank you for the article that is interesting; he sounds a bit sleazy in that.

I use to watch Roger Stone on Newsmax about every night, he seemed charming, informed and they may well have kept him on a tight leash so as to not get controversial.

I know a lot of people earnestly believe there was a JFK assassination conspiracy but to write a book on it accusing LBJ is pretty far out. He also wrote an "expose" on the Bush's I understand released in the past year.

Maybe this is where Trump learned to delve into conspiracy theories every now and then.

Offline RoosGirl

Hey, I was told just earlier today that adding these 3 exceptions is necessary to bring people in to the party.  It is a concession we must make in this battle, only to be won back later when we win the war.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:30:10 am by RoosGirl »