Author Topic: Here's the Official List of Items Banned From the Republican National Convention  (Read 1064 times)

Offline markomalley

Courtesy of PJ Media:

(snip)

• Lumber larger than 2” in width and ¼” thick, including supports for signs;
  • Metal, plastic, or other hard material larger than ¾” thick and 1/8” in wall thickness including pipe and tubing;
  • Any air rifle, air pistol, paintball gun, blasting caps, switchblade or automatic knife, knife having a blade two and one-half (2-1/2) inches in length or longer, cestus, billy, blackjack, sword, saber, hatchet, axe, slingshot, BB gun, pellet gun, wrist shot, blackjack, metal knuckles, nunchucks, mace, iron buckle, axe handle, shovel, or other instrumentality used to cause property or personal damage;
  • Any dangerous ordnance, weapon, or firearm that is prohibited by the laws of the State of Ohio;
  • Any explosives, explosive device, or incendiary device;
  • Fireworks and rockets;
  • Sound Amplification Equipment;
  • Drones and other unmanned aircraft systems;
  • Containers of bodily fluids;
  • Aerosol cans;
  • Mace, Pepper Spray or other chemical irritant;
  • Umbrellas with metal tips;
  • Any projectile launchers, such as water guns and water cannons;
  • Rope, chain, cable, strapping, wire, string, line, tape, or any similar material, in lengths greater than 6’;
  • Glass bottles, ornaments, light bulbs, ceramic vessels, and any other frangible container, regardless of whether the container holds any substance;
  • Locks including, without limitation, padlocks, bicycle locking devices, chain locks or similar devices, but not including: (i) an integral component of a conveyance or structure; (ii) locks when utilized by the owner of private real property to secure permanent or temporary fencing; or (iii) locks attached to a bicycle;
  • Any gas mask or similar device designed to filter all air breathed by the wearer in an attempt to protect the respiratory tract and/or face against irritating or noxious gasses or other materials. This prohibition on gas masks shall not apply to any person wearing a medical oxygen mask that  fits over the nose and mouth of the person and provides oxygen from an oxygen tank to the person;
  • Tents and other shelters, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, mattresses, cots, hammocks, bivy sacks, or stoves;
  • Coolers or ice chests;
  • Backpacks and bags exceeding the size of 18” x 13” x 7”;
  • Lasers;
  • Non-plastic containers, bottles, cans, or thermoses;
  • Ladders;
  • Grappling hooks, sledgehammers, hammers, and crowbars;
  • Canned goods;
  • Tennis balls

So people won't be allowed to carry jars of urine of feces to the convention. Whoda Thunk It?

Offline markomalley

From Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Two legal groups monitoring Cleveland's plans for the Republican National Convention on Wednesday pointedly criticized the city's newly announced rules for the event, calling them "unacceptable."

"I do know this is something where there are a lot of lawyers looking at what the city is doing and wanting to protect people's free speech rights," said Jocelyn Rosnick, a leader with the local chapter of the National Lawyers Guild, a left-leaning group. "It just seems like with the plans they've released ... so far just don't cut it, are unacceptable and far too restrictive."

(remainder snipped)

So I guess they're upset that they won't be able to carry containers of urine and feces to the convention.  :huh?:

Offline Mechanicos

But not Tomatoes...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline mountaineer

National Lawyers Guild, a left-leaning group
Calling NLG "left-leaning" is like calling  Steph Curry a potentially adequate basketball player.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Why's everyone worried? You are allowed to take your towel. And as long as you always know where your towel is ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Mechanicos

Why's everyone worried? You are allowed to take your towel. And as long as you always know where your towel is ....
Nice Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy reference...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RedHead

Any projectile launchers, such as water guns and water cannons;

Isn't a projectile by definition a solid item?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:06:02 pm by RedHead »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Any projectile launchers, such as water guns and water cannons;

Isn't a projectile by definition a solid item?

Well, projectile vomit is pretty liquid .... and I do expect to see some of that at the convention.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Darn it, how will people have a convention without grappling hooks? And no drones? Why aren't trump supporters allowed? (just a joke folks, lighten up.)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Tennis balls?  What about baseballs, soccer balls, ping pong balls, golf balls....

Of course there is a very bad joke here that I will leave for others.  I'll just say that many many Republicans are used to leave them at home.

I'm sure tiny balls are allowed, like long long balls and marbles.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Never mind that (you only need the grappling hooks if you get there late anyway) - how are they going to have a convention at all?

Incendiary devices are banned. Means no speeches.

Offline markomalley

Darn it, how will people have a convention without grappling hooks? And no drones? Why aren't trump supporters allowed? (just a joke folks, lighten up.)

Offline BigHomer

• D'oh!
  • Homer no function beer well without
    • Not My Circus
Courtesy of PJ Media:

So people won't be allowed to carry jars of urine of feces to the convention. Whoda Thunk It?

It's a good thing the list didn't include intellectual depravity or no Trump supporters, or Trump himself, would be allowed to enter :pondering:
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." ~ Benjamin Franklin