Author Topic: Chinese Students Climb 2,500-Foot Bamboo Ladder to Get Home From School  (Read 863 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Chinese Students Climb 2,500-Foot Bamboo Ladder to Get Home From School

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/chinese-students-climb-2000-foot-bamboo-ladder-get-school-n581596?cid=sm_fb

Just to get home from school, they climb more than 2,500 feet toward the sky — on a ladder made of bamboo and secured to a sheer cliff face.

After pictures surfaced of the challenging trek faced by schoolchildren in a poor corner of China's mountainous west, their village may be getting some assistance by way of a safer, more modern piece of infrastructure: a solid set of steel stairs.

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Human adaptability and determination is a wondrous thing. I do not care who you are or where you are.

Offline roamer_1

After pictures surfaced of the challenging trek faced by schoolchildren in a poor corner of China's mountainous west, their village may be getting some assistance by way of a safer, more modern piece of infrastructure: a solid set of steel stairs.

I should hope so - It's obviously working... But that much weight on such a device sends my inner engineer screaming in terror.