Author Topic: Trump: Romney 'walks like a penguin'  (Read 6305 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: Romney 'walks like a penguin'
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2016, 04:08:02 pm »

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

The U.S. has 69 treaties with other countries where we would have to defend them and their borders. How nice, but what do we get? NOT ENOUGH

Aaron MacLean ‏@AaronBMacLean  47m47 minutes ago
Aaron MacLean Retweeted Donald J. Trump

A stable, rules-based international order that promotes prosperity and peace between major powers?

Daniel Drezner
‏@dandrezner Daniel Drezner Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Seventy years of a US-created international order pissed away by this intellectual weakling.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2016, 04:08:20 pm »
Please elaborate.

As memory serves, "tea party" ire about Willard was pretty much universal throughout the 2012 election cycle. Constitutionalist ire against him was pretty outspoken during 2008 as well (though that was mitigated by the displeasure of the GOP-E candidate of that cycle, McLame). I can think of many, many people who didn't hesitate to use any and all means to skewer Romney during that cycle, such as this one:

Now we're supposed to be incensed because Trump does the same "genus" of thing as we did back in 2012? (Yes, a different species but definitely the same genus). I find it a bit odd criticizing somebody for mocking a figure whom I, myself, have mocked mercilessly.

Trump is, as you stated, a boor. Trump is, as many of us have stated, no conservative. I prefer to criticize him when he displays that boorish behavior toward an actual conservative.

I wish he wasn't the nominee. But he is.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2016, 04:09:31 pm »
I think a lot of people have forgotten or lost sight of the job he is applying for. He isn't applying to be spokesperson, he isn't applying to be a disruptive agent, he isn't applying to be carnival barker, he isn't applying to be king or prime minister-

He is applying to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces. Real lives are on the line. Young men and women every day raise their hands in an oath to put their lives on the line to protect the country and Constitution- and Trump is applying to be their Commander in Chief.

They deserve better.

One of them is my son. Fighter jet student pilot with USMC.

I cannot abide that Trump's idiocy could put him on a fool's mission.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2016, 04:11:38 pm »
Wonder if I could turn that into an avatar image.

If you could get Drumpf's head on the "opera baby" it would be hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxWemv-3rhc
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2016, 04:15:16 pm »

Trump is, as you stated, a boor. Trump is, as many of us have stated, no conservative. I prefer to criticize him when he displays that boorish behavior toward an actual conservative.

So, have at it with David Cameron or Kim Jong-un with that blabber? They aren't conservative, after all.

Trump is not the only egomaniac on the scene.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2016, 04:19:37 pm »
As memory serves, "tea party" ire about Willard was pretty much universal throughout the 2012 election cycle. Constitutionalist ire against him was pretty outspoken during 2008 as well (though that was mitigated by the displeasure of the GOP-E candidate of that cycle, McLame). I can think of many, many people who didn't hesitate to use any and all means to skewer Romney during that cycle, such as this one:

Now we're supposed to be incensed because Trump does the same "genus" of thing as we did back in 2012? (Yes, a different species but definitely the same genus). I find it a bit odd criticizing somebody for mocking a figure whom I, myself, have mocked mercilessly.

Trump isn't in the same universe of decent,moral human beings that Mitt Romney is in.  I never understood all the anger at Romney.  I would vote for him again if he were a 3rd party nominee.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline PoloSec

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2016, 04:35:18 pm »
All the characters mentioned in this article continue to live up too the lowest of expectations. For the worst of them there is no shortage of defenders.
Facts, Reason, Logic and Common Sense when consistently applied ultimately leads to the proper conclusion!  It worked for our Founding Fathers.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2016, 08:08:47 pm »
But, it's not even about Romney; or even penguins. It's about a pathetic manchild aspiring to the highest office in the land.

A disgusting boorish man.

Seems so obvious, doesn't it?? ... and yet...........  :shrug:
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2016, 08:30:42 pm »
I think a lot of people have forgotten or lost sight of the job he is applying for. He isn't applying to be spokesperson, he isn't applying to be a disruptive agent, he isn't applying to be carnival barker, he isn't applying to be king or prime minister-

He is applying to be Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces. Real lives are on the line. Young men and women every day raise their hands in an oath to put their lives on the line to protect the country and Constitution- and Trump is applying to be their Commander in Chief.

They deserve better.

They do.  They also deserve better than Hillary.  That's the problem.

Honestly, if the choice was based solely on who would be best for the military, I'd go Trump in a heartbeat.  At least he is less likely to view the military as an engine of social change than is Hillary.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2016, 08:35:39 pm »

They deserve better.

We all deserve better than the immature narcissist, Trump.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2016, 08:38:28 pm »
When Trump first hit the Presidential campaign scene, I thought his non PC ways were refreshing.  But i have come to see that it has nothing to do with not being PC.  He is very PC as evidenced by his flip flopping on issues.  What he is is a RUDE IDIOT.  Do not be fooled into thinking these things are the same thing.

Trump is very PC about Bruce Jenner.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2016, 08:39:02 pm »

They deserve better.
And your better is Hillary?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2016, 08:40:33 pm »
One of them is my son. Fighter jet student pilot with USMC.

I cannot abide that Trump's idiocy could put him on a fool's mission.
I would be Proud to serve with Trump as CIC, He loves America and wins.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2016, 09:02:13 pm »
Trump: Romney 'walks like a penguin'

Romney is a guy that profits from incinerating the dead babies his own laws as Governor helped to get themselves dead to begin with. Ergo he is the scum of the earth and should be treated as such by any human with an ounce of conscience and not ever supported.

That said, Trump gives him competition in his own 'moral' way and is the last person who should be mocking the physical attributes of another. Of course he has established a pattern of that already with the disabled reporter, Fiorina etc.

Whatever it is though, it's not something anyone SHOULD want from their president.

But pay no attention folks. It's a lesser evil...

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2016, 09:09:27 pm »
Trump isn't in the same universe of decent,moral human beings that Mitt Romney is in.

And what. pray tell, universe considers passing laws to dismember fetal children for lifestyle convenience, and then profiting from your own laws by burning their corpses to ash, a moral anything? Because I sure as hell don't want anything to do with such people or such a place. That universe sounds a lot like the 9th circle of Hell.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:10:28 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2016, 09:16:20 pm »
Romney is a guy that profits from incinerating the dead babies his own laws as Governor helped to get themselves dead to begin with. Ergo he is the scum of the earth and should be treated as such by any human with an ounce of conscience and not ever supported.

That said, Trump gives him competition in his own 'moral' way and is the last person who should be mocking the physical attributes of another. Of course he has established a pattern of that already with the disabled reporter, Fiorina etc.

Whatever it is though, it's not something anyone SHOULD want from their president.

But pay no attention folks. It's a lesser evil...

Just for fairness and not to be argumentative to the poster; I thought the incinerated babies (per a company Romney was involved in) has been debunked.

Per Mother Jones and I've said MoJo actually has some decent journalistic stories, this on the company Stericycle:
Romney Invested in Medical-Waste Firm That Disposed of Aborted Fetuses, Government Documents Show
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/07/romney-bain-abortion-stericycle-sec

But LifeNews posted in response:

Left-Wing Blogs Falsely Attack Romney on Abortion, Stericycle
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/07/04/left-wing-blogs-falsely-attack-romney-on-abortion-stericycle/
Excerpted:
. But, in the process, it hopes to confuse pro-life advocates who are supporting Romney into thinking that somehow he was the owner and operator of Stericycle and somehow approved of its business disposing the bodies of victims of abortion.

The pro-abortion blog notes that Romney had been part of a 1999 investment group that invested $75 million in Stericycle, a medical-waste disposal firm and makes the wild-eyed claim that the information has “the potential to damage the candidate’s reputation among values voters already suspicious of his shifting position on abortion.”

Bain contends “Romney left the firm in February 1999 to run the troubled 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City and likely had nothing to with the deal” but Mother Jones claims to have found documents showing Romney was involved in the investment. Bain says Romney left well before the November 1999 deal while the pro-abortion blog contends “SEC documents undercut that defense, indicating that Romney still played a role in Bain investments until at least the end of 1999.”

Bain explained further, “Mitt Romney retired from Bain Capital in February 1999. He has had no involvement in the management or investment activities of Bain Capital, or with any of its portfolio companies since that time.”

Assuming Romney was involved with Bain through the end of 1999 and involved in the deal obviously doesn’t make him responsible for Stericycle’s business collected aborted babies from abortion clinics. Bain itself — after Romney left the company — divested from Stericycle well before it began its abortion-connected operations.

I know too, it wasn't only a "left wing" blog saying that but a website that was just about Mitt's "dirty laundry" and so on. This is 4 years ago, I read up on it; and I thought Romney was in the clear on this accusation.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2016, 09:23:46 pm »
Trump: Romney 'walks like a penguin'

The presumptive GOP nominee lashed out at 2012 nominee Mitt Romney, saying he “walks like a penguin.”  “Poor Mitt Romney. I have a store that’s worth more money than he is,” Trump said in Anaheim, Calif.   “I understand losers. You can make a lot of money with losers,” Trump said, before adding that the former Massachusetts governor “choked like a dog. He’s a choker.”

Next up: Rick Perry, who bashed Trump on the trail as a “cancer” to conservatism but ultimately endorsed him.
“I got a call, Rick Perry, he made the nicest speech. He actually said something to the effect that [I was] perhaps the smartest person to run for the presidency. He found out, he knew.”  While noting that Jeb Bush hasn’t endorsed him yet, Trump predicted the Florida governor “will get a burst of energy and he will do it,” a reference to his repeated barbs that Bush was “low energy.”   “They talk badly, you talk badly, that’s how it works,” Trump said.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/281267-trump-romney-walks-like-a-penguin
A man with an insult for everyone.  Most people can discuss politics without resorting to personal insults.  Its the mind of a child.  I guess we want an infant for president.

TRUTH: Trump detests everyone but himself.  Never believe he likes you as you are only around for what he can get from you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2016, 09:27:23 pm »
Just for fairness and not to be argumentative to the poster; I thought the incinerated babies (per a company Romney was involved in) has been debunked.

No, Stericycle very much incinerates 'medical waste' including Aborted children. The 'debunking' was pure spin.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2016, 11:24:53 pm »
No, Stericycle very much incinerates 'medical waste' including Aborted children. The 'debunking' was pure spin.

Oh, that's persuasive.

I'll take your word over lifenews. Yeah, that's the ticket and all of the pro-life organizations that endorsed Mitt Romney. 

http://www.aboutmittromney.com/pro-life-endorsements.htm

Offline TomSea

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2016, 11:45:07 pm »
"Spin", a good way of saying one's argument is disingenuous or even dishonest, I guess when the highly regarded R. Reagan is shown to have signed an abortion bill in California, well, gee, we just had the most Conservative Candidate in 30 years with Ted Cruz.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/223437/reagans-darkest-hour-paul-kengor-patricia-clark-doerner

Silver Pines

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2016, 11:50:58 pm »
But, it's not even about Romney; or even penguins. It's about a pathetic manchild aspiring to the highest office in the land.

A disgusting boorish man.

Precisely.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2016, 12:24:24 am »
Hey! @Chosen Daughter.  Guess what?    88devil

I am hardly making any effort.  I did nothing Donald did it for me.  He opens his mouth and personal insults spew forth.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2016, 01:03:38 am »

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2016, 10:57:19 am »
Trump isn't in the same universe of decent,moral human beings that Mitt Romney is in.  I never understood all the anger at Romney.  I would vote for him again if he were a 3rd party nominee.

Just a little reminder about Willard Romney:

How Romney Began Journey on Abortion

In 1993, Mitt Romney was a successful businessman with an urge to enter public life and a plan to challenge Ted Kennedy for a Senate seat from Massachusetts.

How Romney handled that dilemma is described in a new book, "Mitt Romney: An Inside Look at the Man and His Politics," by Boston journalist Ronald Scott. A Mormon who admires Romney but has had his share of disagreements with him, Scott knew Romney from local church matters in the late 1980s.

Scott had worked for Time Inc., and in the fall of 1993, he says, Romney asked him for advice on how to handle various issues the media might pursue in a Senate campaign. Scott gave his advice in a couple of phone conversations and a memo. In the course of the conversations, Scott says, Romney outlined his views on the abortion problem.

According to Scott, Romney revealed that polling from Richard Wirthlin, Ronald Reagan's former pollster whom Romney had hired for the '94 campaign, showed it would be impossible for a pro-life candidate to win statewide office in Massachusetts. In light of that, Romney decided to run as a pro-choice candidate, pledging to support Roe v. Wade, while remaining personally pro-life.

In November 1993, according to Scott, Romney said he and Wirthlin, a Mormon whose brother and father were high-ranking church officials, traveled to Salt Lake City to meet with church elders. Gathering in the Church Administration Building, Romney, in Scott's words, "laid out for church leaders ... what his public position would be on abortion -- personally opposed but willing to let others decide for themselves."

By Scott's account, Romney wasn't seeking approval or permission; he was telling the officials what he was going to do. Scott quotes a "senior church leader" as saying Romney "didn't ask what his position should be, nor did he ask the brethren to endorse his position. He came to explain, and his explanation was consistent with church teachings and policies."

According to Scott, some of the leaders were unhappy with Romney's plan and let him know it. "I may not have burned bridges, but a few of them were singed and smoking," Romney told Scott in a phone conversation.

In Scott's account, Romney displayed plenty of independence from church influence. But why did he feel the need to brief church leaders in the first place? The Romney campaign declined to comment on that or any other aspect of Scott's book. A Mormon church spokesman said only, "I do not know of the meeting, but it is our policy not to comment on private meetings anyway."

Scott has his own view. "(Romney) was not obliged to brief them," Scott said in an interview. "He probably was obliged to let them know as a matter of courtesy before he would take some stands on various issues that would raise eyebrows, because he was a fairly important officer of the church."

In any event, the episode points to a brief period in Romney's life in which his roles as a church official and as an emerging political figure overlapped. (Romney declared his candidacy for the Senate on Feb. 2, 1994, and stepped down as a Mormon leader on March 20.)

Romney went on to lose in a campaign that featured Kennedy attacking Romney's religion. Romney pointed out the irony of Kennedy -- whose brother John F. Kennedy faced attacks on his Catholicism in the 1960 presidential campaign -- launching religion-based attacks, but to no avail.

If Romney is the 2012 Republican nominee, he will surely face similar stuff. Much of it will undoubtedly be ugly and unjustified. But there will also be simple questions about Romney's role as a church official at the start of his political career.

Lately, Romney has begun to speak a little more openly about his church work. In a Dec. 12 Republican debate in Iowa, he mentioned his overseas missionary service and said, "I also spent time in this country, serving as a pastor in my church." By all accounts, Romney did a lot of good in his time as a Mormon official, and that work was a significant part of his life. In the coming campaign, voters will want to know more about it.

This "faux" position continued up until he decided to look to national office. Do you not remember this from 2002?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_w9pquznG4

An honorable man does not act in this fashion, switching from pro-life to pro-abortion to pro-life based upon political expediency.

Offline Poser

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2016, 12:15:46 pm »
I have to disagree with just about everyone here. Romney is out in public bad mouthing the Republican nominee. So, as nominee, how should you react? Make reasoned arguments and give Romney credibility? Just let it go? The press wouldn't even cover it.

Nope. Trump devastated Romney with just five words. It made the news. It worked perfectly. The message is that Mitt is a has been loser. It came across loud and clear. Now, if Romney ever makes news again, anyone watching won't hear his message. They will be thinking about penguins. Pure genius.