Author Topic: Amish for Trump  (Read 1467 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amish for Trump
« on: May 30, 2016, 02:16:17 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-amish-voters-223669

Amish for Trump

Can Ben Carson and Newt Gingrich allies convince this anti-divorce, tech-shunning group to back the boasting billionaire?

By Katie Glueck

05/29/16 07:34 AM EDT

The Amish don’t read Donald Trump’s tweets and can’t watch his television appearances, and voting is practically against their religion.

But that’s not stopping a group of Trump allies with ties to Ben Carson and Newt Gingrich from mounting a campaign to turn them out anyway.

Amish PAC was started by an alum of a pro-Carson super PAC, an ex-Amish donor to that super PAC and an employee of Gingrich Productions. The group is planning to mount an old-fashioned, billboards-and-newspaper-ads effort this summer, designed to encourage Amish people in Pennsylvania and Ohio to turn out for Trump in November.

Ben Walters, fundraising counsel to the group and a former fundraiser for the pro-Carson 2016 Committee, concedes the group faces an uphill task.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline markomalley

Re: Amish for Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 02:28:45 pm »
I think I've spent way too much time on TOS over the years.

When I read "Amish", I thought something else altogether..

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 02:35:14 pm »

We're all crazy Trumpanites living in an Amish Paradise.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 02:39:43 pm »
The Amish are good, moral people.

If they vote for Donald Trump, it will be because they have been lied to about him, and don't know who he really is, nor how much every fiber of his being is in direct and violent opposition to their Biblical ethics and morality.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 02:44:13 pm »
The Amish are good, moral people.

If they vote for Donald Trump, it will be because they have been lied to about him, and don't know who he really is, nor how much every fiber of his being is in direct and violent opposition to their Biblical ethics and morality.

I agree.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 02:47:27 pm »
I agree.

I'm not far from the largest Amish community in the country (Holmes County, OH).

If this is true, I would consider going there and telling the truth about Trump to these innocent people.  I might even walk around with a bumper stick on my forehead saying "TRUMP IS AMORAL" if it would help people learn the truth....... 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »

Thought the same thing.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 03:02:00 pm »

Me to. Let's agree to leave it to them. Shall we?

Offline markomalley

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 03:10:01 pm »
It's simply reflexive...not intentional.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 03:10:18 pm »
Where's Sam Mullet when you need him?

Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 03:12:32 pm »

A wonderful idea.  I thought this was going to be some crazy picture of BLM.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 03:25:57 pm »
Ex Amish is the word.  If he is ex then he has no influence.  The Amish don't get involved in politics. Neither do Mennonites.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:28:11 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.