Author Topic: Greg Abbott's New Book  (Read 1611 times)

Offline American Patriot

Greg Abbott's New Book
« on: May 27, 2016, 01:40:58 am »
Anyone here read Texas Governor's new book Broken but Unbowed: the Fight to Fix a Broken America, yet? I just got it today! Excited to read it. I have a lot of respect for Gov. Abbott. He's one of my top 5 favorite governors. I would like to see him consider a future presidential run

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Greg Abbott's New Book
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 01:46:49 am »
I haven't yet, but he was just on Mark Levin's show talking about his book and the Convention of States.  Great stuff. 

I'm sure the audio can be found elsewhere, but I downloaded it at:  https://audioboom.com/boos/4620795-5-26-16-mark-levin-audio-rewind.mp3?source=rss&stitched=1, and I think the conversation with Gov. Abbott was third hour in the second half of that hour. 

Offline American Patriot

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 01:49:35 am »
Yeah, I turned on my iHeartRadio app on my laptop and clicked to listen to the Mark Levin show. I sadly got only probably half the interview

geronl

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 03:03:06 am »
I'm no longer interested since he endorsed Strump

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 03:26:32 am »
Oh, I should have read all the posts first.  Sometimes I see the story, respond, and then end up reading the posts from last to first.  I should break that habit. 

Yes, I head him talk about it on the Levin show, too.

So, what did you think?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 03:39:40 am »
I haven't read it.  But I definitely want to.

Sorry, I wasn't at all clear.  What did you think about their discussion?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 03:48:59 am »
Oh.  I thought it was a great discussion.  I had never head Abbott speak before.  He was awesome.   At this very moment I don't recall all the particulars except for the emphasis on an Article V Convention of states.  I totally agree that that is exactly what conservatives need to do.

I completely agree!

Offline Ms. AntiFeminazi

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 04:24:15 am »
I got to hear Abbott speak at a luncheon last Friday (TX business thing). I was very impressed, especially with his love for the Constitution.  So far his actions have matched his words.  It was a local meeting but I was also impressed with how involved he seems to be with local business and legislative planning and decisions.  Got a free signed book that I'm anxious to read.

As he was speaking I just kept thinking how much better he sounded than any of our current Presidential runners except maybe Cruz?