Author Topic: Kevin Vickers, Who Helped Foil Canada Parliament Attack, Tackles Irish Protester  (Read 151 times)

Offline Suppressed

MAY 26 2016, 1:31 PM ET
Kevin Vickers, Who Helped Foil Canada Parliament Attack, Tackles Irish Protester
by SEAN FEDERICO-O'MURCHU

The Canadian Ambassador to Ireland, who was once hailed a hero in his homeland during a terror attack on the country's parliament, ditched diplomatic protocol on Thursday when he tackled a protester at an event near Dublin.

Kevin Vickers, 59, was attending a commemoration at the Grangegorman Military Cemetery to remember the British soldiers who died during the 1916 uprising in Ireland. Other attendees included the British Ambassador to Ireland and government ministers.

Vickers was first to react when a man at the event started shouting, according to a witness interviewed by the Irish Independent.

"This man just ran forward and started screaming, 'It's a disgrace.' He was tackled by somebody and it was only after that I realized it was the Canadian ambassador," the witness said.

Read more (with photos) at
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/kevin-vickers-who-helped-foil-canada-parliament-attack-tackles-irish-n580976
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn