Author Topic: Manafort: Trump unlikely to release tax returns.  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Manafort: Trump unlikely to release tax returns.
« on: May 26, 2016, 03:24:11 pm »
Washington (CNN)Donald Trump's chief strategist, Paul Manafort, said he does not think the presumptive Republican nominee will release his tax returns, in part because they would likely be too complicated for the public to understand.

"I will be surprised if he puts them out. I wouldn't necessarily advise him to. It's not really an issue for the people we are appealing to. His tax returns are incredibly complicated. I wouldn't understand them, so how are the American people going to? The financial disclosure he put out gives the salient points," Manafort told The Huffington Post in an interview posted Wednesday evening.

"The only people who want the tax returns are the people who want to defeat him," Manafort added.

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/26/politics/paul-manafort-donald-trump-tax-returns/index.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Manafort: Trump unlikely to release tax returns.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 03:29:33 pm »
trump...the king of lies and decent with a following that excuses absolutely everything.

#nevertrump
Hes right, now that Trump has cinched the Nomination Activist #neverTrump is a pro-Hillary Operation.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 03:30:48 pm »
Therefore, Hillary should pound him every single day until he does.

What a bunch of bull:  tax returns are only complicated when somebody is trying to hide something.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 03:31:57 pm »
Washington (CNN)Donald Trump's chief strategist, Paul Manafort, said he does not think the presumptive Republican nominee will release his tax returns, in part because they would likely be too complicated for the public to understand.

His tax returns are incredibly complicated. I wouldn't understand them, so how are the American people going to?

Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/26/politics/paul-manafort-donald-trump-tax-returns/index.html

Why, we are not smart enough to understand whats in these tax returns, us poor unwashed masses.
We need big, strong leaders to tell us what we do and do not know.
They need to tell us what is good for us and what is not.
They need to tell us how to think and feel.
My,my, how did we ever survive so long by being so stupid!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:41:52 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline RedHead

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »
Color me shocked.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 03:41:18 pm »
Hes right, now that Trump has cinched the Nomination Activist #neverTrump is a pro-Hillary Operation.

And now that he's clinched the nomination Trump can walk back every promise suggestion he's made to date.   

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 03:47:43 pm »
What is he hiding?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 03:50:25 pm »

I've been told that if I don't vote for Trump, Hillary wins.
So, if I don't vote for Hillary, Trump wins?
If I vote for neither, do they both win?

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 04:10:39 pm »

Exactly!  Based on their logic, a vote for neither is a vote for both.

Of course, based on Trump's past associations with the Clinton's I'm sure that he wouldn't mind a co-Chairmanship, er, co-Presidency with Hillary.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 04:14:41 pm »
Therefore, Hillary should pound him every single day until he does.

What a bunch of bull:  tax returns are only complicated when somebody is trying to hide something.

Calling Cruz "Lyin" may end up being the biggest irony of the whole GOP field this year.  As my senator so eloquently said during the debate. ... Mr Trump has a tenuous relationship with the truth.

What an epic understatment.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:15:09 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 04:16:26 pm »

Logic is a concept beyond the understanding the average Trump supporter.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 04:18:28 pm »

No, it's not. A simple examination demonstrates your profound lack of logic:  if I vote third party, then by your logic I have voted for both Trump - because I didn't vote for Clinton - and voted for Clinton - because I didn't vote for Trump.  And, of course, I also voted for the third party candidate.  It gets even worse if there are more candidates, because I would have voted for them as well.  In other words, your argument inescapably yields the conclusion that I would have voted for every candidate on the ballot; further, this logic applies equally well to those who vote for Trump.  In other words, if your position were true, then it would be the case that every voter had voted for every candidate.  That is simply nonsense - reductio ad absurdum - and therefore your position is necessarily false as a matter of simple logic. 

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 04:21:24 pm »
No, it's not. A simple examination demonstrates your profound lack of logic:  if I vote third party, then by your logic I have voted for both Trump - because I didn't vote for Clinton - and voted for Clinton - because I didn't vote for Trump.  And, of course, I also voted for the third party candidate.  It gets even worse if there are more candidates, because I would have voted for them as well.  In other words, your argument inescapably yields the conclusion that I would have voted for every candidate on the ballot; further, this logic applies equally well to those who vote for Trump.  In other words, if your position were true, then it would be the case that every voter had voted for every candidate.  That is simply nonsense - reductio ad absurdum - and therefore your position is necessarily false as a matter of simple logic.

Exactly....   I have seen polls that have indicated that 40+ % want neither Trump nor, Hitlerly.  After escalation of Hitlery's legal problems, I see that number approaching 50%.  A strong 3rd party viral candidacy could pull this off.  Not likely, but it could happen.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 04:21:24 pm »
And so now Trump has put the lie to his own words and will not do what he promised to do.  Just like Trump: sell the rubes on truthful hyperbole he has no intention of following through on. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 04:23:44 pm »
Calling Cruz "Lyin" may end up being the biggest irony of the whole GOP field this year.  As my senator so eloquently said during the debate. ... Mr Trump has a tenuous relationship with the truth.

What an epic understatment.

The lying' Ted meme was- a lie! It was projection from the biggest liar of all- Trump.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 04:24:54 pm »
You vote however you want. The issue was #neverTrump activism aka searching for and posting articles from far left (democrat) sources to attack the Party Representative for the purpose of preventing his election. Like The ones today from a small handful of virulent #neverTrumpers posting  Trump hit pieces from Soros Talking Point memo, Bloomberg, New York Times, Washington Post, rolling stone, slate etc. At this point in time that conduct is activism for Hillary against the GOP.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 04:27:38 pm »
You vote however you want. The issue was #neverTrump activism aka searching for and posting articles from far left (democrat) sources to attack the Party Representative for the purpose of preventing his election. Like The ones today from a small handful of virulent #neverTrumpers posting  Trump hit pieces from Soros Talking Point memo, Bloomberg, New York Times, Washington Post, rolling stone, slate etc. At this point in time that conduct is activism for Hillary against the GOP.

That sounded more like  FR talking points.    Almost scary.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:27:56 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 04:31:31 pm »
I see the Trump supporters are not the least disturbed that lyin' Don is not going to release his tax returns.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 05:03:51 pm »

You can call them hit pieces.  You can call them attacks.  You can call them what you want but what you can't call them is lies. 

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2016, 06:23:56 pm »
What is he hiding?
@kevindavis

Something big! Something that even the Donald thinks could take down his campaign.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." -Donald J. Trump
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 06:26:52 pm »
You can call them hit pieces.  You can call them attacks.  You can call them what you want but what you can't call them is lies.
I can call them Democrat activism against the Party.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 06:34:09 pm »
Wow, how amazingly ridiculous.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 06:37:20 pm »
You vote however you want. The issue was #neverTrump activism aka searching for and posting articles from far left (democrat) sources to attack the Party Representative for the purpose of preventing his election.

I am not a member of a party, comrade. I'm not going to pretend that Trump is God, or perfect. He is probably the most horrible indecent candidate in history.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 06:40:27 pm »
@kevindavis

Something big! Something that even the Donald thinks could take down his campaign.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters." -Donald J. Trump

@mlizzy,

If he has nothing to hide, just release it..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »
@kevindavis

That is not a accurate quote. Its preceded by "They say..." Liberals and #neverTrump deceptively leaves off the fact he was citing to what others say about him. Its not his quote.