Author Topic: McAuliffe slams DOJ 'leak' of campaign probe  (Read 406 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
McAuliffe slams DOJ 'leak' of campaign probe
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:12:48 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/281198-mcauliffe-challenges-leak-doj-should-be-held-to-higher-standard

Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe on Wednesday said the Department of Justice should be held to a higher standard, two days after reports surfaced of a federal probe into campaign donations to his 2013 gubernatorial run.

"It is very unfortunate that our institutions of integrity, like Justice and the FBI, would leak information. They should be held to a higher standard. But listen, you live in this world, you're in politics, these things happen," McAuliffe said on WTOP's "Ask the Governor" segment.

"It's unfortunate that you get these leaks out at Justice."
Reports surfaced on Monday that the FBI and the Justice Department's public integrity unit are looking into campaign contributions to McAuliffe three years ago.

Among other things, they are investigating $120,000 in donations from Chinese businessman Wang Wenliang. Foreign nationals are not allowed to donate to an American campaign unless they have a green card.

McAuliffe said on the radio show that the man was "fully vetted."

"This poor man is now dragged through the mud because of a leak from, I don't know, Justice or FBI to CNN, which to me is — I think they were sold a bag of goods," he said.

The governor continued to defend himself, saying he did nothing wrong.

"They can look at anything they want," he said.

"I had my lawyer reach out to the Justice Department and ask if they had any indication of any wrongdoing on my part, and the answer was no."
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: McAuliffe slams DOJ 'leak' of campaign probe
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 11:39:30 pm »
Terry McAulife is just a soldier in the Clintoon crime syndicate! Nothing more or less than that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kinsman Redeemer

Re: McAuliffe slams DOJ 'leak' of campaign probe
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 12:40:26 pm »
McAwful and the Dems are getting a lesson in "what goes around."

Ironic, isn't it?

McDonnell may never go to prison, "the bundler" may.

I enjoyed McAuliffe's reference to this having no effect on Hillary's campaign...thus revealing what's next.
The real enemy seeks to devour what is good.