Author Topic: Carson: 'I would not want to be on the ticket or in the Cabinet’  (Read 560 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ben Carson on Monday sought to close the door on serving as presumptive GOP White House nominee Donald Trump’s vice president or one of his Cabinet members.

“I would not want to be on the ticket or in the Cabinet,” Carson said on Fox Business Network’s “The Intelligence Report." "I personally feel that I can be considerably more effective as an outside voice. I was an outside voice before all this started.”...

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/280952-carson-i-would-not-want-to-be-on-the-ticket-or-in-the

Offline RedHead

Re: Carson: 'I would not want to be on the ticket or in the Cabinet’
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 07:27:30 pm »
I highly doubt that he needs to worry about either one occurring.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 07:30:08 pm »
Good.  Of all the candidates that ran, he was one of my least favorites.  A neurosurgeon without a clue running our country.  Definitely not.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 07:41:20 pm »
He's already served his purpose.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 07:50:24 pm »
I guess that friendship didn't last long.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 08:06:10 pm »
What if...no one would accept to be on Trump's team? What sleaze balls would he put in as VP or cabinet positions then?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 11:07:55 pm »
I guess that friendship didn't last long.

Yep... Sounds a little butt-hurt. I predict there will be a lot of that going around.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 12:56:29 am »

Saying not interested without embarrassing himself.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 01:00:41 am »
Pretty sure that's not going to be an issue.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 01:23:12 am »
Interesting that no sooner he bails, that Santorum jumps on the Trump train.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2016, 01:30:33 am »
What if...no one would accept to be on Trump's team? What sleaze balls would he put in as VP or cabinet positions then?

Jelly Doughnut boy is chomping at the bit.  Caribou Barbie said she'd be willing to be his VP, but admitted she has baggage.  Perry stated he would be willing to be his VP.  I'm pretty sure Corker is going to be his pick.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 01:35:05 am »
Jelly Doughnut boy is chomping at the bit.  Caribou Barbie said she'd be willing to be his VP, but admitted she has baggage.  Perry stated he would be willing to be his VP.  I'm pretty sure Corker is going to be his pick.
Since all these wannabes bailed on their conservative values and principles, along with the GOP, they have lost my support.  The GOP needs competition from the right to stop this insanity slide to the left.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 01:38:48 am »
Since all these wannabes bailed on their conservative values and principles, along with the GOP, they have lost my support.  The GOP needs competition from the right to stop this insanity slide to the left.

Agreed, but don't expect Trump to pick a conservative after all he's a liberal.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 01:54:26 am »

A cabinet full of mob bosses...

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2016, 02:13:52 am »
A cabinet full of mob bosses...
Like for AG: Guido Gamboni.
SecDef:  Generalosimo Trumbino
etc.

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 02:33:55 am »
Sour grapes.