Author Topic: Trump: I Wouldn't Have Gone Into Syria, But Hit ISIS 'Big League'  (Read 838 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Syria-ISIS-Big-League/2016/05/20/id/729852/

By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   Friday, 20 May 2016

Donald Trump, while railing against potential Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton Friday morning, complained that she has "horrible judgment" and that he would have handled matters in the Middle East in far different ways than she did as secretary of state.

"I could tell you a lot of examples, but one of them is Libya," the presumptive GOP nominee told MSNBC's Joe Scarborough on the "Morning Joe" program Friday. "Libya is a disaster and by the way, just in case you have any questions, right now ISIS has taken the oil from Libya.

"So we knock out Libya and you knock out Gaddafi and she thinks we did a great job.  And it's just more destabilization, a total disaster, and ISIS has the oil."

Trump said he would have stayed out of Libya, Iraq and Syria as well, and he "wouldn't have fought so much for [Syrian President Bashar al-] Assad, against Assad, because I thought that was a whole thing.

"You have Iran, which we made into a power.  Iran now is a power because of us, because of some of the dumbest deals I have ever seen."

With Iran and Russia in favor of Assad, "we're supposed to fight the two of them," said Trump, "and at the same time, we're supposed to fight ISIS, who is fighting Assad."

But at the same time, Trump said, "I would go after ISIS, big league."

"ISIS is fighting Syria," he said. "So you have some people, most people, they want to fight Syria and they want to fight ISIS at the same time and they are fighting each other."

There are "bigger problems" than Assad, said Trump, and he would say to "knock the hell out of ISIS, which we could have done originally.  Knock the hell — look, we shouldn't have been in Iraq. Bad decision.

"Then the way Obama got us out was a horrible decision, the way we came out. And I would have said — and by the way, ISIS was created because of that. Because they wouldn't take them in. Because we had the wrong leadership. We put the wrong leadership on Iraq."

Meanwhile, he denied reports saying that he'd go to North Korea for talks, but still he would talk to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

"The last thing I do is go,  I would never go to North Korea," said Trump. "I don't know who would say I would go there."

He also denied reports that he attacked either Great Britain or Prime Minister David Cameron, but he did comment that if "I were Great Britain, I'd get out of the European Union. I see what happened with the great migration destroying Europe and EU had a lot to do with that.

"Personally, I would get out, but I said I don't want that to influence the people of Great Britain."

But he believes he'll do "just fine" with Cameron, and that he has been asked to visit 10 Downing Street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH9j08AoCpY

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Trump: I Wouldn't Have Gone Into Syria, But Hit ISIS 'Big League'
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 03:30:00 pm »
"wouldn't have fought so much for [Syrian President Bashar al-] Assad, against Assad, because I thought that was a whole thing."

What in the world does this mean?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 03:41:36 pm »
"wouldn't have fought so much for [Syrian President Bashar al-] Assad, against Assad, because I thought that was a whole thing."

Ulysses Everett McGill:
Pete, it's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart

It is also daunting and discouraging to look for coherence coming out of Donald Trump's mouth.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:42:13 pm by don-o »

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 03:50:57 pm »
Trump wants us to think he'll fight ISIS and al Qaeda with great aggression without actually doing it.  There will be no boots on the ground, but we'll get their oil.  He'll win from the air, but the nearby Moslem nations will be glad to help him since they'll be so fond of his anti-Islam temporary ban.  Second and third order effects will be ignored; he'll win with shoot-from-the-hip rhetoric.  He should go back to professional wrestling, beauty contests, reading Penthouse, and wife shucking.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 03:53:59 pm »
It is also daunting and discouraging to look for coherence coming out of Donald Trump's mouth.

Trump on Libya, then and now

Trump - 2011

I can’t believe what our country is doing. Qaddafi in Libya is killing thousands of people, nobody knows how bad it is, and we’re sitting around, we have soldiers all [around] the Middle East, and we’re not bringing them in to stop this horrible carnage and that’s what it is: It’s a carnage.

You talk about things that have happened in history; this could be one of the worst. Now we should go in, we should stop this guy, which would be very easy and very quick. We could do it surgically, stop him from doing it, and save these lives. This is absolutely nuts. We don’t want to get involved and you’re gonna end up with something like you’ve never seen before. . . .

We should do on a humanitarian basis, immediately go into Libya, knock this guy out very quickly, very surgically, very effectively, and save the lives.”

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/01/trump-on-libya-then-and-now.php

"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 03:57:06 pm »
"So we knock out Libya and you knock out Gaddafi and she thinks we did a great job.  And it's just more destabilization, a total disaster, and ISIS has the oil."

Trump said he would have stayed out of Libya

Except he said exactly the opposite in 2011:

Trump Says Removing Qaddafi Was Mistake, But Pushed For Libya Intervention In 2011

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-says-removing-gaddafi-was-mistake-but-pushed-for-libya?utm_term=.vuxymkMDX#.xvG4yKMRq
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 04:03:07 pm »
Except he said exactly the opposite in 2011:

Trump Says Removing Qaddafi Was Mistake, But Pushed For Libya Intervention In 2011

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-says-removing-gaddafi-was-mistake-but-pushed-for-libya?utm_term=.vuxymkMDX#.xvG4yKMRq

Someone said it a while back.  king Trumpy is the guy at the end of the bar talking ideas.  He's about half drunk and once a week he reads his brother-in-law's blog and watches two end of the world YouTube videos
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 04:04:22 pm »

Who cares? It will be great and it will be yuge. And it will be the best whatever-the-heck-it-means that we have ever seen. It will be so whatever it is you will get tired of it being that. I really mean that.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline RedHead

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 04:19:48 pm »

The whole thing is patented Trump gibberish start to finish.  The man cannot go 5 seconds without his train of thought being switched down an entirely different subject.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 04:36:30 pm »
The whole thing is patented Trump gibberish start to finish.  The man cannot go 5 seconds without his train of thought being switched down an entirely different subject.

This also shows that Trump cannot bring up Benghazi and Libya without discrediting himself in any future debate with "Crooked Hillary".  He won't have Bill O'Reilly to help him answers questions in the debate.
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 04:36:42 pm »
Someone said it a while back.  king Trumpy is the guy at the end of the bar talking ideas.  He's about half drunk and once a week he reads his brother-in-law's blog and watches two end of the world YouTube videos
And Trump does it stone cold sober. 
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 02:29:25 am »
And Trump does it stone cold sober.

==========================

Invading Iraq was the worst mistake in the history of the United States.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 02:37:47 am »
==========================

Invading Iraq was the worst mistake in the history of the United States.

Trump supported the invasion.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 03:17:28 am »
Who cares? It will be great and it will be yuge. And it will be the best whatever-the-heck-it-means that we have ever seen. It will be so whatever it is you will get tired of it being that. I really mean that.
That was great. :laugh:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 03:19:39 am »
Trump supported the invasion.

========================

Barack Obama could not have been made possible without George W. Bush.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2016, 03:30:47 am »
========================

Barack Obama could not have been made possible without George W. Bush.

Barack Obama could not have been made possible without lots of ignorant voters.  As proof I offer the latest offering from the two major parties.

Offline WAC

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 03:32:33 am »

Well he did answer that.....There are "bigger problems" than Assad, said Trump, and he would say to "knock the hell out of ISIS, which

we could have done originally.

It looks like Trump understands that the entire Syria issue was all about taking out Assad from the get go.   One of the first heads up

that the US intends to change leadership in a nation is when you see John McCain show up .....he's been in every nation beforehand

organizing groups within the country to revolt. ....Just as he was in Egypt and Ukraine.....so to he was in Syria early on.

It's all part of the Globalist Agenda to bring nations into compliance to their agenda for the world.....if a leader refuses to go along, as

MaBarrack, Gadaffi and Assad did then you can be sure "community organizors" will be quick to go into action in that nation and

supported by our tax dollars as well as manpower.

did

Offline WAC

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 03:37:27 am »
This also shows that Trump cannot bring up Benghazi and Libya without discrediting himself in any future debate with "Crooked Hillary".  He won't have Bill O'Reilly to help him answers questions in the debate.

Oh but he will and assuredly can..........nobody has made him accountable for what he states throughout this primary and they sure won't

in the general either. ...and when they try the guys so quick on his feet, (years of experience at shifting), he entangles them in such a

web of confusing word-salads they they give up...and he "wins" the argument by default. That's how he works. Pressure and leverage.