Author Topic: Gingrich: Romney’s anti-Trump efforts ‘pathetic’  (Read 408 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Gingrich: Romney’s anti-Trump efforts ‘pathetic’
« on: May 24, 2016, 12:13:47 am »
Gingrich: Romney’s anti-Trump efforts ‘pathetic’

Newt Gingrich on Monday panned Mitt Romney’s campaign against Donald Trump as a weak effort that had not hurt the GOP’s presumptive presidential nominee.

“It’s pathetic,” he said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. "I don’t know what happened to Mitt, but it is weird; it is bizarre. Having a guy like that go berserk in public makes you wonder what his problems are."

Romney has emerged as one of the biggest critics of Trump, and earier this year gave a speech that excorciated him.

“Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud,” he said on March 3 at the University of Utah. "His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University.

Reports emerged earlier this month that Romney was among those courting potential third-party challengers that would derail Trump’s Oval Office bid. Romney purportedly abandoned his hunt for an independent White House hopeful last week, and also concluded that he would not launch a challenge himself.

Gingrich on Monday said that Romney had not caused any stumbles in Trump’s march towards the GOP’s presidential nominee.

“[It was] not particularly effective,” he said. "[It] objectively does not hurt Trump, who I suspect by the way will carry Utah.”

Utah is Romney’s home state.

Trump said last week that Gingrich is “absolutely” on his shortlist for the vice presidency, calling him a “great supporter” and a “tremendous guy."
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/280947-gingrich-romneys-anti-trump-efforts-pathetic
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

Re: Gingrich: Romney’s anti-Trump efforts ‘pathetic’
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 12:22:08 am »
"Donald, pick me. Pick me for VP.  Please, please, please!!!!"

As to whether Trump will carry Utah, the last poll taken in late March had Hillary within the margin of error.

Mormons don't like Trump.  He'll have trouble in Idaho too.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:23:13 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 12:43:14 am »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline R4 TrumPence

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 06:35:53 am »
“[It was] not particularly effective,” he said. "[It] objectively does not hurt Trump, who I suspect by the way will carry Utah.”
Suspect?

Utah hasn't voted rat for President since Goldwater's epic loss in '64.