Author Topic: TOLD YOU SO: The Trump Betrayal Train Continues at Breakneck Pace  (Read 8276 times)

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: TOLD YOU SO: The Trump Betrayal Train Continues at Breakneck Pace
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2016, 12:52:33 am »
Since you've come back to this thread, maybe you'll help me with the questions I asked you above at #120 :

"So the connections who will not donate to the RNC donate to Trump, and he gives all that money to the RNC?

I still don't see exactly what crumbs those connections hope to hoard to stave off bankruptcy during a Trump administration, or what would happen to the Trump candidacy and down-ticket Republican candidacies if the connections did not succumb to Trump's charisma.  Would Trump lose the election without the contributions from those connections?"
James 1:20

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2016, 06:21:58 am »
Since you've come back to this thread, maybe you'll help me with the questions I asked you above at #120 :

"So the connections who will not donate to the RNC donate to Trump, and he gives all that money to the RNC?

I still don't see exactly what crumbs those connections hope to hoard to stave off bankruptcy during a Trump administration, or what would happen to the Trump candidacy and down-ticket Republican candidacies if the connections did not succumb to Trump's charisma.  Would Trump lose the election without the contributions from those connections?"

:popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2016, 06:41:53 am »
:popcorn:
Good luck Mechanicos...I'm rooting for you.  Try the nevertrump=hillary thing again.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2016, 01:33:46 pm »
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/issues

Scroll down to Self Funding.  I was wrong.  He doesn't say he'll fund just the primary.

Offline verga

« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2016, 01:40:59 pm »

Scroll down to Self Funding.  I was wrong.  He doesn't say he'll fund just the primary.
What say you @Mechanicos?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2016, 01:53:11 pm »
Good luck Mechanicos...I'm rooting for you.  Try the nevertrump=hillary thing again.

A key item in Mechanicos' scenario was that Trump would funnel money from his campaign to the Republican party; that was supposedly one of the reasons Trump's fundraising is righteous, while fundraising by anyone else would be corrupt.  Mechanicos' assertion was disproven last week in news reports that the Trump campaign is low on cash and waiting to receive funds *from* the Republican party after the nomination is official.  Consequently some of the specific questions I raised are no longer valid since I posed them within the context of Mechanicos' now-disproven scenario.

Mechanicos also argued that people would donate to Trump in order to ride "the Trump Train", with Trump driving and hence incorruptible.  Apparently the train has a lot of available seats since Trump's funds on hand are reported to be low.
James 1:20

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2016, 02:41:34 pm »
Since he never promised to self-fund the general election and you have no problem with him attracting Donors for the down ticket races are you not more then a little hypocritical with your condemnation?
I don't know how many times I told Trump supporters at that other site that there was no way Trump was going to spend his own money on what it takes to win the Presidency. I was told I was wrong. Now those same people are saying they knew all along that Trump wasn't going to self-fund.
The wall and him not being financially beholden to anyone were his two main selling points to voters. I guess the wall will be the next to go and Trump supporters will say "Well we knew there wasn't really going to be a wall."
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2016, 12:21:37 pm »

It displays a lack common sense to say a Primary campaign and the General campaign are the same thing. Unless you have any evidence he promised to fund the General with the word General in it, this is nothing. There is no reason to try to prove a negative here just to please you who will never be happy with anything Trump. A primary election IS NOT and Cannot be a General Election. That is commonsense.

Trump has been saying at his rallies for a long time he would not self Fund the General election. That would be dumb. Its already there to be used for General. He also can take the money with out entanglement because the Party wants a GOP in the White House- And hes their only option, its called Leverage. He has it, they don't.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2016, 01:04:10 pm »
It displays a lack common sense to say a Primary campaign and the General campaign are the same thing. Unless you have any evidence he promised to fund the General with the word General in it, this is nothing. There is no reason to try to prove a negative here just to please you who will never be happy with anything Trump. A primary election IS NOT and Cannot be a General Election. That is commonsense.

Trump has been saying at his rallies for a long time he would not self Fund the General election. That would be dumb. Its already there to be used for General. He also can take the money with out entanglement because the Party wants a GOP in the White House- And hes their only option, its called Leverage. He has it, they don't.

Just stop it.  When he bragged about being self funded and 'not owned' everybody, and I mean everybody, understood that to mean the whole way.  Soup to nuts.

Campaign funding, like The Wall, deportations, PP funding, blah, blah, blah, are empty promises that Trump sold to his cult of personality legion.

#ForTrump = #ForHillary
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2016, 01:10:16 pm »
Just stop it.  When he bragged about being self funded and 'not owned' everybody, and I mean everybody, understood that to mean the whole way.  Soup to nuts.

Campaign funding, like The Wall, deportations, PP funding, blah, blah, blah, are empty promises that Trump sold to his cult of personality legion.

#ForTrump = #ForHillary
No You Stop trying to sell A primary Campaign is the same as General Campaign just so you can justify the delusional disorder for hating Trump.

Never forget, you are now a fringe group, Most Republicans and Most Americans Consider Trump more trust worthy then the other politicians. Ironically, dwindling #neverTrump is now in the position of claiming everybody but them is crazy...
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2016, 01:16:12 pm »
No You Stop trying to sell A primary Campaign is the same as General Campaign just so you can justify the delusional disorder for hating Trump.

Never forget, you are now a fringe group, Most Republicans and Most Americans Consider Trump more trust worthy then the other politicians. Ironically, dwindling #neverTrump is now in the position of claiming everybody but them is crazy...

No, you stop imitating James Carvelle and trying to put spin on every stupid blunder that Trump commits.

And if principled conservatism is a 'fringe group' then I'm proud to be part of it.

#ForTrump = #ForHillary
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2016, 03:05:26 pm »

There you go again. No one said the general was the same thing as the primary. The proof is in the pudding.  I invite everyone to watch the video.  It is Trump who makes no distinction between the primary and the general.  He says "I am self funding my campaign so I don’t owe anything to lobbyists and special interests." 

Are you saying that what he meant was he was self funding the primary so he wouldn't owe anything to lobbyists, but not self funding the general because no one would care if he owed something to lobbyists? 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2016, 03:08:40 pm »
No, you stop imitating James Carvelle and trying to put spin on every stupid blunder that Trump commits.

And if principled conservatism is a 'fringe group' then I'm proud to be part of it.

#ForTrump = #ForHillary
Its not Principled Conservatism, Its sore losers mad that their guy lost attacking other Conservatives and helping the enemy. Nothing principled or conservative in the conduct. Get over your Hubris, You have nothing on me or the other Conservative Christians doing the adult rational thing here,

Offline texhenry

« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2016, 03:15:10 pm »
:thumbsup:
I agree.  Plus the double standard of criticizing others for what he is now doing himself.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2016, 04:04:19 pm »
Its not Principled Conservatism, Its sore losers mad that their guy lost attacking other Conservatives and helping the enemy. Nothing principled or conservative in the conduct. Get over your Hubris, You have nothing on me or the other Conservative Christians doing the adult rational thing here,

You're projecting again.  Trump attacked mercilessly and very personally,  EVERY SINGLE CONSERVATIVE IN THE RACE.  He didn't attack them on policy positions, he attacked them personally, smeared them and created monikers like "lying Ted" that he repeated over and over, even after they dropped out of the race.

TRUMP continues to attack every Conservative that does not bend the knee and kiss his ring, and in so doing, he has not only helped Hillary - Trump has done what no Democrat or GOP Oligarch could ever do: Trump has killed and buried Conservatism from having any viability in the GOP.  Which is why the Establishment is now backing him.

Your guy "won" attacking other Conservatives, doing the dirty work of both Hildabeast and the Ruling Class Oligarchy and not only helped the enemy - but handed them the victory.

There is nothing principled about your prince, and nothing principled about self-identifying Conservatives who tied their futures and fortunes to a known proven Liberal-Leftist from New York.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2016, 04:56:20 pm »

There you go again.  According to you, anybody that doesn't get into lock step with Trump and his supporters is childish and irrational.  But take one look at the videos of any Trump rally and what do you see?  A child preaching to irrational cultists.

#ForTrump = #ForHillary

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2016, 05:07:17 pm »
Its not sour grapes - I just don't want what you folks did to Cruz to happen again to the next principled conservative candidate. IF we ever have such an opportunity again.
goopo

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2016, 05:10:33 pm »
You're projecting again.  Trump attacked mercilessly and very personally,  EVERY SINGLE CONSERVATIVE IN THE RACE.  He didn't attack them on policy positions, he attacked them personally, smeared them and created monikers like "lying Ted" that he repeated over and over, even after they dropped out of the race.

TRUMP continues to attack every Conservative that does not bend the knee and kiss his ring, and in so doing, he has not only helped Hillary - Trump has done what no Democrat or GOP Oligarch could ever do: Trump has killed and buried Conservatism from having any viability in the GOP.  Which is why the Establishment is now backing him.

Your guy "won" attacking other Conservatives, doing the dirty work of both Hildabeast and the Ruling Class Oligarchy and not only helped the enemy - but handed them the victory.

There is nothing principled about your prince, and nothing principled about self-identifying Conservatives who tied their futures and fortunes to a known proven Liberal-Leftist from New York.
So now you are calling Bush and Graham Conservatives...  and got a problem with fighting to win. I am not putting Trump on a pedestal, But you DID put Cruz on one.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2016, 05:11:55 pm »
There you go again.  According to you, anybody that doesn't get into lock step with Trump and his supporters is childish and irrational.  But take one look at the videos of any Trump rally and what do you see?  A child preaching to irrational cultists.

#ForTrump = #ForHillary
:bsflag:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2016, 05:34:13 pm »
So now you are calling Bush and Graham Conservatives... 

Why do you do this?   Did I call out Jeb or Graham by name or refer to them as 'Conservative' ?   Obviously both of them are of the Oligarchy, and I do not consider the Oligarchy to have any Conservatism within itself.  It's an just an appendage of the Democrat Ruling Class hierarchy.

There were actual Conservatives of varying degrees in this race, from Paul to Carson to Cruz to Walker, Fiorina and Rubio.  Trump smeared each and every one of them very personally and with a viciousness we normally only see from the Marxist Left. In fact, even after they dropped out of the Race, Trump continues to bash them when he finds opportunity.  I recall he bashed Scott Walker recently for NOT raising taxes in Wisconsin.

But seeing that Trump is a Northeastern NY Liberal Leftist himself - his true nature came shining through the 'Conservative' mask he tried (and tries) to wear.

Of course you Tailors for your emperor-to-be continue to insist to the crowd about what wonderful Conservative threads he is wearing.

Most of us know he is totally devoid of any stitch of Conservative clothing on his person, but go ahead and keep trumpeting about all the robes of Reaganism Trump has draped and belted to himself.  We'll just keep laughing at him, and you.

and got a problem with fighting to win.

By using every Alinsky-smear tactic in the book and tripling down on it?   That's what liberal Democrats do.  Not honorable Conservative statesmen. 

Winning by any means is all you and your prince have got, and as many of your compatriots have said on other fora - winning is all that matters.

Trump has no honor and did not "win" this contest with any  honor.  He's not graceful, even in victory.  He's a spiteful, vulgar, thin-skinned ego-centric man, and he continues to illustrate that each and every day.

I am not putting Trump on a pedestal, But you DID put Cruz on one.

BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAAHHAAAAAA!!!!!!
  :laughingdog: :laughingdog: :bigsilly: :bigsilly: :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :happyhappy: :happyhappy:

Oh… oh…… whew!  Oh that's rich and freaking hilarious coming from you… the biggest Apologist and spin-meister Pedestal-lofting Trump supporter on this board.

Thanks for the laugh this morning. 

Now I have to go and clean my screen from the coffee that's dripping down from it after reading that.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2016, 05:44:55 pm »

Very well stated.  Trump reveals how unstable he is more each day. I expect his GOPe endorsers will be jumping off the Trump Train Wreck fairly soon.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2016, 05:49:01 pm »
By using every Alinsky-smear tactic in the book and tripling down on it?   That's what liberal Democrats do.  Not honorable Conservative statesmen. 

Winning by any means is all you and your prince have got, and as many of your compatriots have said on other fora - winning is all that matters.

Trump has no honor and did not "win" this contest with any  honor.  He's not graceful, even in victory.  He's a spiteful, vulgar, thin-skinned ego-centric man, and he continues to illustrate that each and every day.

Trump is a winner much like the 1994 U.S. Figure Skating Champion Tanya Harding

geronl

« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »
Trump hated Reagan. Even when the man was close to retirement Trump ran newspaper ads against Reagan positions.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2016, 07:00:15 pm »
I'm hoping things are changing.  The press is getting tougher on him, Hillary will be the nominee, and the public is paying more attention.   

Trump made a huge mistake in taking on a federal judge over race.  Voters notice that and won't like it.  Can't have a racist in the Oval Office, and Trump is definitely a racist.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2016, 07:14:51 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again:  I don't think Trump is a racist in the way most people mean it.  I am as against him as you are.  My fear is that an overplayed hand will backfire.  I believe Trump feels as superior to the average white American Christian as he does to any Mexican or Muslim.    He uses the first argument that pops in his head to defend himself.  Sometimes that hints of racism.  Sometimes it does the opposite.  The point is that he sees himself as superior to every living person.  He flip flops on race like everything else.  We should zone in on his dishonesty and lack of principles.  Otherwise his supporters will use his flips as evidence while we use his flops as evidence and we will all just keep talking past each other.

I'll add to that.  I think people are tired of the "racist" thing.  We've been so overexposed to everyone being racist for the silliest things that I really think it's starting to fall on deaf ears.