Author Topic: Former Contestants On TV Show Biggest Loser Want It Axed  (Read 403 times)

Offline mirraflake

Former Contestants On TV Show Biggest Loser Want It Axed
« on: May 23, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »
Former contestants claim illegal weight loss drugs were used and the rapid fat loss  destroyed their metabolism.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/23/former-contestants-want-to-put-an-end-to-the-biggest-loser/

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

Re: Former Contestants On TV Show Biggest Loser Want It Axed
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 02:59:50 pm »

Fat people stay fat.  Not really news.

As a fat guy,I found the show interesting, not as a "how to"on weight loss, but more like watching a traffic accident.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »
Not surprising to me. I watched the show occasionally during the 1st and 2nd season and even I could see it was dangerous. 

Even without any diet pills, it was pretty obvious to me that the show was pushing contestants to dangerous levels of dieting bordering on starvation and to extreme levels of physical activity. I’m surprised that there haven’t been any deaths, or many serious back and knee injuries, etc., for that matter- perhaps there were. 

And while the contestants did lose an incredible amount of weight and transformed their bodies, some managing to keep it off, most from what I understand gained most of or all of the weight back.

Sure, if one is sequestered away from normal life for months, sort of like being in boot camp, and limited to a highly restricted diet and forced to exercise, sometimes from what I saw on the show, to extreme levels and several times a day, they will lose weight.  But continuing that level of effort, without a trainer yelling at them and after the show is over is near impossible.

It is possible for an overweight, even an extremely obese person to lose a lot of weight and keep it off, but it has to be a lifestyle change and one that is sustainable after the cameras stop rolling.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 01:29:56 am »
All the extreme exercises and the athletic trainers are a complete waste of time as far as losing weight. All they would had to have done was to have placed the people in a secluded environment where their food intake could be monitored and controlled and had them exercise moderately (walking, swimming) for an hour or so a day.
Having the contestants take part in extreme activities just put them in physical danger and made them hungrier.
Of course, the regimen I just prescribed does not make for entertaining television. For that you need those useless, obnoxious exercise trainers and the suitably dumb, extreme exercises they dreamed up.  :nono:

geronl

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 02:00:00 am »
rapid weight loss is usually a bad sign

it's hard to keep it off when it came off in a binge

success! diet's over, now back to chowing down

Kim Soo Young lost 70kg in 16 weeks through the “Last Healthboy” corner on “Gag Concert,”  also garnering a significant amount of public attention. He has been continuously working out even after the end of the program in May.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 02:05:27 am by geronl »