Author Topic: Elijah Wood: Hollywood in grip of child sex abuse. 'There is a darkness in the underbelly'  (Read 636 times)

rangerrebew

Elijah Wood: Hollywood in grip of child sex abuse
'There is a darkness in the underbelly'
Published: 19 hours ago

Actor Elijah Wood, best known for his role as Frodo in “Lord of the Rings,” is spilling the beans on a dark, ugly secret in Hollywood: child sex abuse.

The former child actor said in an interview with London’s Sunday Times that young actors are being sexually abused by high-powered predatory “vipers” in the movie industry. He says the abuse is “probably still happening.”

“What Hollywood Believes: An Intimate Look at the Faith of the Famous” shares the spiritual beliefs of over 120 top Hollywood stars from past and present. Get your copy today from WND’s Superstore.

Wood draws uncomfortable parallels with English television personality Jimmy Savile’s scandalous sexual abuse of young girls. An “atmosphere of fear” at BBC is reportedly how Savile was allowed to commit his sex crimes for decades.

Despite years of rumors and innuendo, Savile’s crimes were only revealed after his death, leading to allegations of cover-ups by broadcasting giants and government figures.

Wood, 35, deeply sympathizes with Savile’s victims. “Jesus, it must have been devastating,” he says.

Wood escaped any childhood abuse thanks to the vigilance of his mother, Debra. He began acting in Hollywood at age eight, and said his mother was “far more concerned with raising me to be a good human than facilitating my career. I never went to parties where that kind of thing was going on.”

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2016/05/Elijah-Wood.jpg
Elijah Wood

Elijah Wood

But Wood believes many other young actors are in active danger. “I’ve been led down dark paths to realize that these things probably are still happening,” he said. “If you’re innocent, you have very little knowledge of the world and you want to succeed. People with parasitic interests will see you as their prey. What upsets me about these situations is that the victims can’t speak as loudly as the people in power.”

There were “a lot of vipers in this industry,” he added. “There is darkness in the underbelly.”

These allegations are confirmed by another former child actor, Corey Feldman. “The number 1 problem in Hollywood was and is – and always will be – pedophilia,” he said in an interview.

In his book “Coreyography: A Memoir

image: http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=worldnetdaily-20&l=as2&o=1&a=1250054915
,” he recalls how a fellow child actor, Corey Haim, then 14, was molested on the set of “Lucas” in 1986: “[A]n adult male convinced him that it was perfectly normal for older men and younger boys in the business to have sexual relations, that it was what all the guys do. So they walked off to a secluded area between two trailers … and Haim allowed himself to be sodomized.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/elijah-wood-hollywood-in-grip-of-child-sex-abuse/#hj54isSAkmgLLE5s.99

Offline Millee

I blame the parents for pushing their kids into acting too.   **nononono*

geronl

With the way this country is now, there will be a rush to legalise it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I blame the parents for pushing their kids into acting too.   **nononono*

It isn't really acting but not parenting. I have a friend whose son was just cast aside Josh Brolin (Legend of the Whitetail Deer Hunter) and she took off work and was right there with him 24/7 during filming and all the training for it. A lot of parents just dump off their kids to agents and lawyers which is where the problem comes in. Montana getting this opportunity means he now has all his college paid for (even though he is still in Jr. High.) so it would be hard to justify not taking the opportunity.

geronl

so it would be hard to justify not taking the opportunity.

Not hard at all. Keep your kids out of show business if you want them normal.

Offline mountaineer

I know a guy, a former state cabinet official, lawyer, etc., who got the bug to create a Hollywood career for his untalented teen daughter about the time he began a job as president of a small state college. He ended up using state resources to produce a couple of movies starring her, traveling on the state's dime, putting movie crew people on the college payroll, etc., and eventually was busted by the ethics commission. But before he got caught, he sent her to California for an entire semester when she was only 14 or so, just so she could take acting lessons and go to auditions. Needless to say, she landed no parts, which is why he ended up producing her movies himself. Apparently, she avoided getting assaulted by any industry vipers, but it's amazing just how deluded people can be.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org