Author Topic: School Bans American Flag, Panic When They See Who Rolled Up Outside…  (Read 882 times)

rangerrebew

School Bans American Flag, Panic When They See Who Rolled Up Outside…

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/435641/affh-disaster-senate-republicans-latest-disgrace

Dean James III% AMERICA’S FREEDOM FIGHTERS –

Students at Colorado’s Fruita Monument High School launched a patriotic rebellion last week after school officials banned all flags in the school parking lot, including the AMERICAN FLAG!

The ban on flags came after a student, Colt Chatfield was told he couldn’t fly a Confederate flag because school leaders deemed it offensive to others.

“They said we can’t fly a Mexican flag, Confederate flag, American flag, or any flag at all,” senior Paxton Streeter told KKCO-TV.

Another student, Keegan Bogart said that the school was prepared to take action against students who violated the ban:

“My buddy was kicked out for having [a flag] in his truck, and they threatened to expel Colt Chatfield for it, and they told all seniors that they would not walk [in graduation] if we continued to display flags in the school’s parking lot.”

The students retaliated against this blatant assault on their First Amendment rights and showed up school the next day a bunch of flags, the majority of them American, pulling into the school parking lot in what looked like an Independence Day parade.

Fruita Monument High School Principal Todd McClaskey explained that the ban was merely an attempt to promote a peaceful and inclusive school environment, saying that the administration feel that some of the flags were “inappropriate and offensive.”

“It wasn’t a matter of it being an American flag, or a Rebel flag or a Confederate flag,” McClaskey said. “It was the fact that administration was spending time in the parking lot policing flags, rather than being in the building focused on helping students focus on learning and graduation, which is why we said no flags in the parking lot.”

But students didn’t agree with the administration’s decision.

“I don’t see how you can pull someone’s right to walk in graduation because they were being patriotic,” Bogart said.

One veteran even showed up at the high school to stand in solidarity with the students. “We’re all proud of this flag. Thousands of people have died for this flag. I think we should be behind the kids.”

Image source: KKCO-TV

As a result, school officials decided to lift the ban, telling students they would be permitted to fly ‘appropriate’ flags, including the American flag, respectfully.

Liberals. Unbelievable…
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:14:52 am by rangerrebew »

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
"Policing flags."  Think about that.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

rangerrebew

"Policing flags."  Think about that.

Rush said it was the goal of leftists.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
These kids that refused to be cowed by evil, deceitful, manipulative, politically correct kommissars get it...good on them.   :patriot:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline r9etb

Fruita Monument High School Principal Todd McClaskey explained that the ban was merely an attempt to promote a peaceful and inclusive school environment, saying that the administration feel that some of the flags were “inappropriate and offensive.”

Riiiight.  What a weenie. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
“It wasn’t a matter of it being an American flag, or a Rebel flag or a Confederate flag,” McClaskey said. “It was the fact that administration was spending time in the parking lot policing flags, rather than being in the building focused on helping students focus on learning and graduation, which is why we said no flags in the parking lot.”

That's pretty cheeky...first you issue a stupid, unpopular rule, then get upset because students demonstrate against your stupid, unpopular rule.  What did you expect them to do, egghead?  You wouldn't be out "policing flags" (Orwell anyone?) if you hadn't created the situation.

I'm proud of the kids.  It would be nice of this McClaskey fellow were replaced by Fall, but I doubt it will happen.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline BuckeyeTexan

@rangerrebew

Policing flags? I wonder how many actual complaints the school received regarding "offensive" flags. Probably zero. A liberal decided that someone somewhere might be offended.

Gimme a break.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline rodamala

The students retaliated against this blatant assault on their First Amendment rights and showed up school the next day a bunch of flags, the majority of them American, pulling into the school parking lot in what looked like an Independence Day parade.

There's hope.