Author Topic: Rick Perry: Back Trump Because of Supreme Court  (Read 879 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Rick Perry: Back Trump Because of Supreme Court
« on: May 22, 2016, 02:38:10 am »
Perry makes the same simple argument about the SCOTUS justices; I just wish I was convinced that Trump would actually appoint one of the conservatives on his list. 

Rick Perry: Back Trump Because Of The Supreme Court - See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/rick-perry-back-trump-because-supreme-court#sthash.Lw9vqOLg.dpuf

Yesterday, Breitbart legal editor and former Family Research Council official Ken Klukowski guest-hosted the FRC’s “Washington Watch” radio program, where he interviewed former Texas Gov. Rick Perry and FRC senior fellow Ken Blackwell about the presidential election and the future of the Supreme Court.

Both Perry and Blackwell urged listeners to get behind Donald Trump, saying that while potential Trump nominees to the bench would emulate the late Justice Antonin Scalia, a Democratic president like Hillary Clinton would nominate more people like Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

When Klukowski asked Perry, who attacked Trump as an unchristian demagogue before endorsing him, to “make the case for Mr. Trump,” Perry replied: “Let me make it as a simple as I can. Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump. Supreme Court appointment.”

“This isn’t about just the next four years,” he said, “as a matter of fact, it’s not about the next eight years, if we were to have a candidate that won successive terms. This is about the next 40 or 50 years because of those Supreme Court appointments. Listen, Hillary Clinton, we know exactly what she’s going to appoint, she’s going to appoint an individual, a raging liberal, an individual that keeps the left happy.”

He said that no matter how Clinton governs, “we know what she’s going to do on the Supreme Court” since the “activists in the Democratic Party, they’re going to force an individual upon this country through that presidential appointment of the Supreme Court of the most absolute radical, making laws from the bench, as you can imagine.”

Klukowski said Clinton “wouldn’t need any forcing” to make such an appointment, “she’d be leading the charge, they’d be chasing to catch up in terms of getting a committed liberal like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, another one of those on the Supreme Court.”

“Or [Sonia] Sotomayor, I think Hillary Clinton’s appointments to the Supreme Court would make those individuals look almost moderate,” Perry said.

Blackwell, a former Ohio secretary of state and a vocal conservative activist, said voters in the presidential election will determine “the direction of the Supreme Court.”

“If they choose Hillary Clinton, we know what they will get: an expansion of abortion rights, more stringent gun control laws, a vanishing capital punishment, a continued attack on religious liberty,” he warned.

Praising the list of potential high court nominees Trump released yesterday, Klukowski said that several jurists on the list are “some of the most conservative judges in the country” while “all of them are conservative of one stripe or another.”

“When you’re voting for the president, you’re also going to be voting for the U.S. Supreme Court,” he added.

Blackwell said that in this election, “It’s the courts, stupid.”
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

Re: Rick Perry: Back Trump Because of Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 02:43:19 am »
Perry makes the same simple argument about the SCOTUS justices; I just wish I was convinced that Trump would actually appoint one of the conservatives on his list. 

You don't need to be convinced about the kind of justices Trump would or wouldn't nominate. You know what kind of justice Hillary would nominate. Rick Perry is correct.

“If they choose Hillary Clinton, we know what they will get: an expansion of abortion rights, more stringent gun control laws, a vanishing capital punishment, a continued attack on religious liberty,” he warned.

Not an ideal scenario, but there it is with all of its warts.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 02:45:09 am »
#NeverTrump.  We cannot believe a word he says.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 03:31:58 am »

We already KNOW what kind of people Hillary will pick.  At least Trump made a good list, he knows what conservatives want - I'd say the chances are better with Trump than Clinton. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 11:55:36 am »
We already KNOW what kind of people Hillary will pick.  At least Trump made a good list, he knows what conservatives want - I'd say the chances are better with Trump than Clinton.

True.  However, you need to keep in mind that it is the Senate that holds the hearings on the appointments by the president and it is the Senate that gives consent.  Unfortunately,we are highly likely to lose our Senate majority and we could lose big. We narrowly hold a majority by 4 seats. 10 DEM Senate seats are up for election and 24 GOP Senate seats are up for election with Rubio retiring in FL and Coats retiring in IN. The only bright spot I see in this is Reid may lose his seat.

Trump made a good list. He knows what conservatives want and he's tapped into those feelings by saying what they want; but slowly he's backed down. He may very well do that with the justice appointments; in fact I find it rather likely with a new appointed DEM Senate he will have to modify that list substantially to appease a very liberal Senate.

http://www.periodicalpress.senate.gov/reelection-2016/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 12:06:52 pm »
True.  However, you need to keep in mind that it is the Senate that holds the hearings on the appointments by the president and it is the Senate that gives consent.  Unfortunately,we are highly likely to lose our Senate majority and we could lose big. We narrowly hold a majority by 4 seats. 10 DEM Senate seats are up for election and 24 GOP Senate seats are up for election with Rubio retiring in FL and Coats retiring in IN. The only bright spot I see in this is Reid may lose his seat.

Trump made a good list. He knows what conservatives want and he's tapped into those feelings by saying what they want; but slowly he's backed down. He may very well do that with the justice appointments; in fact I find it rather likely with a new appointed DEM Senate he will have to modify that list substantially to appease a very liberal Senate.

http://www.periodicalpress.senate.gov/reelection-2016/

The Only reason we would have a problem down list this election is 2 fold. 1. The down ticket people refuse to get on the nationalist platform Trump has moved the party onto - logically if he wins then that platform is the winning platform. 2. Liberal and Foreign control of the #neverTrump movement stirs up so many untruths about Trump that a large enough portion of the base buys into it and refuses to vote for him.

Bottom line, if the down ticket suffers but Trump wins its the fault of the spiteful #neverTrump clan not Trump.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 12:26:58 pm »
The Only reason we would have a problem down list this election is 2 fold. 1. The down ticket people refuse to get on the nationalist platform Trump has moved the party onto - logically if he wins then that platform is the winning platform. 2. Liberal and Foreign control of the #neverTrump movement stirs up so many untruths about Trump that a large enough portion of the base buys into it and refuses to vote for him.

Bottom line, if the down ticket suffers but Trump wins its the fault of the spiteful #neverTrump clan not Trump.

You certainly are entitled to that logic; I find it quite hollow. Most #NeverTrump are going to vote conservative down ticket. The fact of the matter is we only hold a very narrow majority in the Senate by 4 seats and a whopping 24 seats are up for grabs. Do the Math. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Case in point, Rubio is retiring in FL. We had the presidential primary in March, but we won't be voting on the Senate seat until August, so we don't even know who will be the GOP Senate nominee yet.  That gives the nominee about 2 months to campaign against their opponent and honestly things don't look too good; top candidates on the Republican side include Congressman Ron DeSantis of Jacksonville, probably the most conservative candidate in the race, wealthy Miami developer Carlos Beruff, a moderate (at best) St. Petersburg Congressman Dave Jolly, and former Florida lieutenant governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera. No one yet seems to have traction over anyone else. I've seen one campaign ad so far.  One. I haven't even received any campaign literature yet. The only silver lining maybe a low turn out because it's a separate primary from the presidential primary.  Usually low turnout favors the GOP. We have a huge liberal Hispanic voting base. Our GOP governor only held on to his seat by 1% and his opponent was a GOP, turned IND, turned DEM! 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:28:21 pm by libertybele »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 12:44:17 pm »
You certainly are entitled to that logic; I find it quite hollow. Most #NeverTrump are going to vote conservative down ticket. The fact of the matter is we only hold a very narrow majority in the Senate by 4 seats and a whopping 24 seats are up for grabs. Do the Math. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Case in point, Rubio is retiring in FL. We had the presidential primary in March, but we won't be voting on the Senate seat until August, so we don't even know who will be the GOP Senate nominee yet.  That gives the nominee about 2 months to campaign against their opponent and honestly things don't look too good; top candidates on the Republican side include Congressman Ron DeSantis of Jacksonville, probably the most conservative candidate in the race, wealthy Miami developer Carlos Beruff, a moderate (at best) St. Petersburg Congressman Dave Jolly, and former Florida lieutenant governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera. No one yet seems to have traction over anyone else. I've seen one campaign ad so far.  One. I haven't even received any campaign literature yet. The only silver lining maybe a low turn out because it's a separate primary from the presidential primary.  Usually low turnout favors the GOP. We have a huge liberal Hispanic voting base. Our GOP governor only held on to his seat by 1% and his opponent was a GOP, turned IND, turned DEM!
You do some math. Historically at this point in an election cycle the Democrat is way ahead of the GOP. Yet here we are not even in the General and Trump is already pulling ahead of the democrat and killing the democrat with independents. Yes a lot of seats are in play. And yes there is tons of vote fraud to help the Democrats. However, its shaping up to be a massive vote for Trump in November. Those on the  down ticket who appear to ride that train stand a good chance winning. However, if they are still anti-Trump they will likely lose because as you have seen most Americans disapprove of the #neverTrump movement. Yes turn out is a factor. If Hillary is the Nominee it will negatively reflect in the democrat turn out, She has no charisma. Whereas Trump does have charisma and motivates people to turn out to vote. The key down ticket may want to focus on is the anti-establishment movement. So squishy Rinos etc are going to have to become more like Trump to ride that wave. It will be a major factor in the General.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:55:31 pm by Mechanicos »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17