Author Topic: Drive-Bys: Trump Dared to Change our False Narrative  (Read 1355 times)

A-Lert

Re: Drive-Bys: Trump Dated to Change our False Narrative
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 09:56:38 pm »
Like the ones Trump ally Roger Stone is bussing in?

"Roger Stone, a Trump confidant who is not part of the campaign, is organizing supporters as a force of intimidation.

In recent interviews, Stone has previewed a “day of rage” and threatened to publicly disclose the hotel room numbers of delegates who work against Trump. Stone’s activist group, Stop the Steal, has a website advertising “four days of non-violent demonstrations, protests and lobbying delegates face to face. . . . We must own the streets. In numbers there is strength.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/while-the-gop-worries-about-convention-chaos-trump-pushes-for-showbiz-feel/2016/04/17/482cc914-0322-11e6-9d36-33d198ea26c5_story.html

Really? Democrats being brought in by Stone, a Trump confidant who is not part of the campaign? 

A month old WaPo "story". You can do better than that, can't you?

Offline Mechanicos

Re: Drive-Bys: Trump Dared to Change our False Narrative
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 09:59:36 pm »
If you actually read my post ... my question was; IF Trump announces someone like Berner or Boehner is his VP will you still vote for him.

I have no doubt that Trump will put on quite a show; that's not in question.  What's in question is who is VP is going to be and how much he's going to back pedal on the issuesl at the convention.  My hunch is; his supporters will realize that he drew them in...hook...line...and sinker.
If the moon was made out of Cheese the Government would stop handing it out too. I do not do Hyperbole what-ifs that have no basis in reality.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 10:06:09 pm »
This entire thread is worthless.  All of it. Tripe.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 10:07:15 pm »
Really? Democrats being brought in by Stone, a Trump confidant who is not part of the campaign? 

A month old WaPo "story". You can do better than that, can't you?
No they cannot. They have nothing new, Just reusing the same old blanks they fired during the primary. Its to the point where I am thinking of numbering the Memes they use. 1 for hes a Liberal (of which this is one). 2 for hes Immoral; 3 for He is dishonest (walk-backs, etc in this); 4 for hes A democrat agent, etc.  They have nothing new or effective, just annoying redundancy.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 10:20:07 pm »
That's it in a nutshell... Trump supporters aren't thinking!

What you really mean, is they aren't thinking like you.

Trump supporters are generally serious about illegal immigration, national security etc. Long held conservative positions.

Knowing the race will be won by the more conservative Republican, or the more liberal democrat, Trump supporters opt for him.

It need not be more complicated than that.  The people I have doubts about, are those who cannot see it like I do.

For example those who would waste a vote on a 3rd party or on Hillary herself.

If you want a more conservative government and society, you vote for the Republican.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2016, 10:25:11 pm »
Not much difference between Trump and Hitler and his followers obviously are of  the same mindset!  ****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep****

With all due respect LB, that was one of the more disgusting posts I've seen here in a long time.  You should delete that post and start over. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2016, 10:38:02 pm »
With all due respect LB, that was one of the more disgusting posts I've seen here in a long time.  You should delete that post and start over.

It is getting to be the new normal, here. The poles have reversed, apparently by design.

People from outside look at this place today, and have the same reactions which were once deemed offensive, about TOS.

*For the record, I attended the Trump rally in Costa Mesa, along with my sister-in-law (-evangelical originally from Kentucky), one of my wife's workmates (-Hispanic, daughter of a legal immigrant woman from Mexico). I assure anybody with common sense, the only violence or misbehavior was from Marxist/LaRaza inspired young people.

Nineteen demonstrators arrested, no rally attendees arrested.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 10:46:16 pm »
That's it in a nutshell... Trump supporters aren't thinking!

Wouldn't it be better to drop this "Us vs Them" mentality and focus on specific points of disagreement?

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2016, 11:06:59 pm »
Wouldn't it be better to drop this "Us vs Them" mentality and focus on specific points of disagreement?

Or maybe we can compare IQ scores, zipcodes, tax returns, number of years voting for conservative candidates, marriages and divorces, etc.

The people that I know who support Trump are very solid citizens. Conservative, Christian, self-supporting capitalists, educated professionals, etc.

The bitterness, nastiness is really out of line. Far out of line. I remember 1972. Things in this country have not been like that, since. My generation group would shed 58000 dead and many more wounded in an unpopular war.

People were on both sides, but if you were in a public setting, usually people tried to be civil. Today far too many seem constitutionally incapable of civil discourse.

This level of rancor among self-professed conservatives is disappointing to say the east, but also instructive too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2016, 11:26:46 pm »

Oh, I get your point without a doubt; however, I was simply throwing it back ... I'm getting weary of being subtly attacked and expected to keep my mouth shut.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2016, 11:50:05 pm »
Which night will this guy be on the agenda?

Now why do you got to start off with those unfair attacks?    Do you think Trump,   a native New Yorker,   is going to support that group?   

I'm a Cruz supporter,   but it serves no further good to attempt to tear down the fellow who is going to be Hillary's opponent. 

I believe he won through some very ugly and dirty campaign tactics,   but at this point it is either him or Hillary.     

Besides,  spreading false rumors is unethical,   and we ought to be better than that. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2016, 11:53:37 pm »
Oh, I get your point without a doubt; however, I was simply throwing it back ... I'm getting weary of being subtly attacked and expected to keep my mouth shut.

Problem is when you throw a bigger pile back, your hands smell just as bad.  That kind of stuff isn't what this forum is about.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2016, 12:13:57 am »
Problem is when you throw a bigger pile back, your hands smell just as bad.  That kind of stuff isn't what this forum is about.

Agreed.  I gave in to the 'taunting' or perhaps 'baiting'.  My bad... and thank you for the reminder.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2016, 12:46:09 am »
Agreed.  I gave in to the 'taunting' or perhaps 'baiting'.  My bad... and thank you for the reminder.

LB - well played.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2016, 01:18:50 am »

^-^

Offline Stosh

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2016, 01:59:56 am »
"Trump doesn't have an ounce of that in his being.  He has no shame about who he is."...

Then why isn't he running in the Demonkrap primaries??

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 02:27:20 am »
"Trump doesn't have an ounce of that in his being.  He has no shame about who he is."...

Then why isn't he running in the Demonkrap primaries??

Because his objective is to hand Hillary the White House and to hijack the GOP.

A-Lert

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2016, 02:38:03 am »

You still believe that conspiracy crap?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 12:44:29 pm »

Post removed for profanity and personal insult by mod1.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:26:36 pm by Mod1 »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.