Author Topic: Drive-Bys: Trump Dared to Change our False Narrative  (Read 1356 times)

Offline libertybele

Drive-Bys: Trump Dared to Change our False Narrative
« on: May 20, 2016, 08:03:40 pm »
Question for Trump Supporters: In light of what Limbaugh is proclaiming; that Trump's nomination/coronation will be like nothing ever seen before; will you still support him if he selects someone like Bernie or Boehner to be his VP?

Drive-Bys: Trump Dared to Change Our False Narrative, Plans to Produce a Convention People Actually Want to Watch

RUSH: I can't remember if I mentioned this on the program last week or if I was talking to some people over the weekend about this.  The Republican convention came up and what it was gonna be, and I told everybody -- I think it was on the golf course.  I don't think I've mentioned this here yet.  If I have, forgive me. It might be somewhat redundant, but not much.

I was telling these guys, there are still a lot of people I know, I know some moderate Republican guys, I know some Republican guys that, "Get rid of the social issues crowd."  They're good guys, their wives nag 'em about it and stuff.  They just as soon not to have deal with it.  And they were worried about, "My gosh, what's this convention --" I said, "You guys haven't seen anything yet."  The thing that nobody is expecting, Trump is going to put together a show like nobody has ever seen at a Republican convention.  Instinctively he's gonna put together a show.

He's gonna take advantage. He knows that because it's his convention, that the media is gonna be forced to cover it much more than they otherwise would, and it's gonna be one of the biggest extravaganzas, and it's gonna present a different picture of what the Republican Party usually presents to people.  Usual Republican conventions all take place on the defense.

A usual Republican convention is designed to show the audience that they are not what the media says about them, that they're not what Democrats say about them.  And Trump doesn't have an ounce of that in his being.  He has no shame about who he is.  He doesn't feel like he's gotta prove himself to anybody.  He doesn't feel he's gotta answer critics all day long.  It's gonna be a show.  It's gonna be an extravaganza, total offense, if you want to look at it that way.  And it's gonna blow off the roof.

It's gonna be unlike any convention that anybody's ever seen the Republican Party put on. And the reason I bring this up is because somebody's done a story about this.  Politico:  "Donald Trump's Gold-Plated Convention - The celebrity billionaire is revamping everything about the GOP’s dog-and-pony show." Now, to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, I want you to listen to the way Politico writes about the Republican Party here.

"Donald Trump has shoved just about every tradition in modern presidential politics out the window, and now he’s preparing to trash one more -- the dog and pony show known as the Republican National Convention."  Have you ever heard the Democrat convention referred to by anybody in the media as a dog and pony show?  Obviously not.  Even by Politico's standards this is a bizarre open.  They are angry that Trump is going to trash the GOP's usual dog and pony show.  Maybe they don't realize that dog and pony is a contemptuous expression.  Of course they do....
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:27:50 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Drive-Bys: Trump Dated to Change our False Narrative
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 08:08:36 pm »
Which night will this guy be on the agenda?

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

Re: Drive-Bys: Trump Dared to Change our False Narrative
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 08:11:42 pm »
I pity all the Trump supporters when they realize they've been duped ... July 18-21, 2016

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »
WOW, that was a whole lot of nothing. So hes not going to act PC nor submit to the Media to dictate how the convention will go And this is a bad thing how?
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 08:16:50 pm »
I pity all the Trump supporters when they realize they've been duped ... July 18-21, 2016

Could you pull yourself together long enough to post a link?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 08:18:21 pm »

I don't.  The signs are there for everyone to see.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 08:19:53 pm »
WOW, that was a whole lot of nothing. So hes not going to act PC nor submit to the Media to dictate how the convention will go And this is a bad thing how?

If you actually read my post ... my question was; IF Trump announces someone like Berner or Boehner is his VP will you still vote for him.

I have no doubt that Trump will put on quite a show; that's not in question.  What's in question is who is VP is going to be and how much he's going to back pedal on the issuesl at the convention.  My hunch is; his supporters will realize that he drew them in...hook...line...and sinker. 

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 08:24:07 pm »
If you actually read my post ... my question was; IF Trump announces someone like Berner or Boehner is his VP will you still vote for him.

Have you a link to this article?  If so, post it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 08:27:06 pm »
Have you a link to this article?  If so, post it.

Wow.  You could have done a google search for crying out loud.  Obviously it's a Limbaugh transcript! I can't think of anyone else that goes by the name of Rush. Wow.  Just wow! :silly: :silly:  :silly: :silly:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/05/19/drive_bys_trump_dared_to_change_our_false_narrative_plans_to_produce_a_convention_people_actually_want_to_watch
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 08:28:33 pm by libertybele »

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 08:28:52 pm »
Wow.  You could have done a google search for crying out loud.  Obviously it's a Limbaugh transcript! 

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/05/19/drive_bys_trump_dared_to_change_our_false_narrative_plans_to_produce_a_convention_people_actually_want_to_watch

I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh ... I've a full time career. 

Now, be a good boy and post the link with the article.  I'm sure conservatives know how important it is to follow the rules.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 08:31:27 pm »

I can't tell from the angle of the photo. Is this your brother or uncle?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 08:33:10 pm »

Now, be a good boy and post the link with the article.  I'm sure conservatives know how important it is to follow the rules.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 08:34:43 pm »
I can't tell from the angle of the photo. Is this your brother or uncle?

I see the resemblance:

Offline olde north church

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 08:35:04 pm »
Rush is one up on the wives department and is best buds with flaming homosexual Elton John and an opium head, what was that he was about social issues and Trump?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

A-Lert

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2016, 08:37:08 pm »

The same night as you.

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 08:38:44 pm »
I don't.  The signs are there for everyone to see.

Yes, crush the demonrats!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 08:38:51 pm »
The same night as you.

I'm not a Republican.

A-Lert

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 08:45:35 pm »

I have no doubt that Trump will put on quite a show; that's not in question.  What's in question is who is VP is going to be and how much he's going to back pedal on the issuesl at the convention.  My hunch is; his supporters will realize that he drew them in...hook...line...and sinker.

Who'd have thunk! :silly:

A-Lert

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 08:47:17 pm »
I'm not a Republican.

That won't stop  demonrats from appearing in Cleveland.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 08:50:30 pm »
Who'd have thunk! :silly:

That's it in a nutshell... Trump supporters aren't thinking!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2016, 08:55:13 pm »

Not much difference between Trump and Hitler and his followers obviously are of  the same mindset!  ****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep****

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 09:00:31 pm »
I'm not a Republican.
Does that mean then, one is a member of the Democratic party, the party of the Klan?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2016, 09:14:56 pm »
That won't stop  demonrats from appearing in Cleveland.
Like the ones Trump ally Roger Stone is bussing in?

"Roger Stone, a Trump confidant who is not part of the campaign, is organizing supporters as a force of intimidation.

In recent interviews, Stone has previewed a “day of rage” and threatened to publicly disclose the hotel room numbers of delegates who work against Trump. Stone’s activist group, Stop the Steal, has a website advertising “four days of non-violent demonstrations, protests and lobbying delegates face to face. . . . We must own the streets. In numbers there is strength.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/while-the-gop-worries-about-convention-chaos-trump-pushes-for-showbiz-feel/2016/04/17/482cc914-0322-11e6-9d36-33d198ea26c5_story.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline olde north church

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 09:49:46 pm »
Not much difference between Trump and Hitler and his followers obviously are of  the same mindset!  ****sheep**** ****sheep**** ****sheep****

[Your post has been removed, ONC. This is a warning. Watch your language. -- Mod1]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:11:19 pm by Mod1 »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 09:51:52 pm »
After four years here I just found a third member for my ignore list.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien