Author Topic: Trump: Who the Hell Cares if Theres a Trade War?.  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Trump: Who the Hell Cares if Theres a Trade War?.
« on: May 20, 2016, 04:47:14 am »
Donald Trump responded on Thursday to conservatives critical of his proposal to impose a tariff on imported goods, characterizing them as “dummies” at a New Jersey fundraiser for Gov. Chris Christie.

“These dummies say, ‘Oh, that’s a trade war.’ Trade war? We’re losing $500 billion in trade with China. Who the hell cares if there’s a trade war?” Trump rhetorically asked the audience.

“Think of it,” the presumptive Republican nominee added. “$500 billion and they’re telling me about a trade war.”
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks at the Lawrenceville National Guard Armory in what is Trump's first public campaign appearance in New Jersey on May 19, 2016 in Lawrenceville, New Jersey. (Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks at the Lawrenceville National Guard Armory in what is Trump’s first public campaign appearance in New Jersey on May 19, 2016 in Lawrenceville, New Jersey.

Trump has said he would put a 35 percent tariff into place on goods imported from foreign countries as a way to keep manufacturing jobs in the U.S. He has also repeatedly blasted NAFTA, signed by President Bill Clinton, and argued it was one of the worst deals in American history.

Critics, particularly those on the right, have skewered the billionaire for such rhetoric and characterized him as a protectionist. At Thursday’s rally, Trump insisted that he believed in free trade, but only if the deals were good.

“Some conservatives would day, ‘That’s not free market!’ I mean, we’re losing our shirts folks! We are losing our jobs. We don’t have a choice,” Trump said.

Read more: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/19/trump-who-the-hell-cares-if-theres-a-trade-war/

----

You'll care Mr. Trump when the economy and the markets tank and interest rates go sky high.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump: Who the Hell Cares if Theres a Trade War?.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 04:53:35 am »

We're not losing it Donny. People, probably most of your supporters, want cheap stuff from Walmart. Have fun explaining to them why their stuff is going to cost 3 or 4 times what it does now because it is made here with workers making at least your $15 minimum.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 04:54:27 am »

You'll care Mr. Trump when the economy and the markets tank and interest rates go sky high.

He has every indicator of a 'figurehead'. I have a very hard time believing that this guy built his empire based on his grasp of economics. I think his dad set up a trust to hire people to guide his idiot son through his life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 05:01:10 am »
He has every indicator of a 'figurehead'. I have a very hard time believing that this guy built his empire based on his grasp of economics. I think his dad set up a trust to hire people to guide his idiot son through his life.

No joke. He just seems to be clueless on how it all works.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 05:05:17 am »
No joke. He just seems to be clueless on how it all works.

Yup, no joke.

the words that come out of his mouth and the words on his position papers are worlds apart and clearly not authored/dictated/written by the same guy. And I would bet the dog that it's exactly the same in his business. He has demonstrated the economic knowledge of a 3rd grader when he speaks. So how does someone that incompetent at financial matters build an empire?

He's more 'handled' than Barry.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 09:12:49 am »
Who the hell cares if there’s a trade war?

We, the people.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline RedHead

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 11:27:57 am »

“These dummies say, ‘Oh, that’s a trade war.’ Trade war? We’re losing $500 billion in trade with China. Who the hell cares if there’s a trade war?” Trump rhetorically asked the audience.

Much better to have zero dollars in imports and exports?

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 11:34:54 am »

Trump insisted that he believed in free trade, but only if the deals were good.

Let's apply Trump's logic to some other issues:

Free speech but only if it doesn't offend anyone.
Right to keep and bear arms but only if you have a fed gov issued license.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 11:37:16 am »
I care. Trade with China pays my mortgage. They cancel the huge order backlog of 737's and place A320 orders with Airbus in protest over Trump's trade war, I and hundreds of thousands are out of a job.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 11:39:09 am »
Gary Johnson is looking better day by day.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 12:02:47 pm »
 :facepalm2:
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.