Author Topic: Does the Tea Party still have any influence?  (Read 609 times)

Offline JackSchlitz

Does the Tea Party still have any influence?
« on: May 20, 2016, 03:25:48 am »
From what I have seen the Tea Party group is split over Trump ....some support him but the minority seems not to.  Does Trump even need them?  I dont think so.

I was on the Tea Party message board the other day....really pathetic.  So hung up on ideology. 

But isn't just about everyone...arguing about who is a conservative or liberal or who is not. etc.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Does the Tea Party still have any influence?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 03:29:56 am »
Many local TEA party groups were taken over by social conservatives who alienated the core of the groups by instituting religious tests, etc.  Without libertarian and fiscal conservative support, they've shriveled.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 03:46:01 am »
Many of the groups were highly self-destructive as well. From the complete opposition to formal or centralized structure (thus causing factioning and failure to pool resources) to many of the going off on wild tangents from their original scope (birtherism, conspiracy mongers, national enquirer/conservative treehouse level tabloidism), they set themselves up for failure.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 04:02:39 am »
From what I have seen the Tea Party group is split over Trump ....some support him but the minority seems not to.  Does Trump even need them?  I dont think so.

I was on the Tea Party message board the other day....really pathetic.  So hung up on ideology. 

But isn't just about everyone...arguing about who is a conservative or liberal or who is not. etc.

Anyone supporting Trump cannot claim to be TEA Party, he stand against it. Solidly against it.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 11:02:03 am »

Just curious...what does that bolded word mean to you? Context ("So hung up"...) makes it soundlike a bad thing.

Is it? Why?