Author Topic: Senate GOP And Democrats Save HUD Regulation From Defunding Measure  (Read 349 times)

Offline flowers

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/19/senate-gop-and-democrats-save-hud-regulation-from-defunding-measure/

WASHINGTON — A proposed amendment aimed at defunding a controversial Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulation related to Section 8 Housing was tabled in the upper chamber Thursday.

Utah Sen. Mike Lee 
100%
proposed an amendment to the Senate Transportation and HUD appropriations bill that would have defunded a regulation stopping the implementation of the HUD regulation known as Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH).

The HUD rule, put forth by Housing Secretary Julian Castro last year, mandates that $3 billion of annual community development block grants on1,200 recipient cities and counties to rezone neighborhoods along income and racial specifications.

Lee said in his floor speech on his amendment Wednesday that AFFH mandated that cities and towns nationwide are required to audit their local housing policies, under monitoring by HUD regulators, “who may have never have lived anywhere near there.”

Paging @sinkspur and the others here who just tried to tell me the GOPe has blocked obama from getting what he wants.

Offline flowers

I won't hold my breath on any of you Cruzskins/nevertrumpskins  for a legit answer on this HUD OK.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:28:35 am by flowers »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/19/senate-gop-and-democrats-save-hud-regulation-from-defunding-measure/

Paging @sinkspur and the others here who just tried to tell me the GOPe has blocked obama from getting what he wants.

Don't hold your breath.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Don't hold your breath.
Yep.....this treat will get ***crickets***