Author Topic: One of Trump’s Potential Supreme Court Nominees Has Been Mocking Him on Twitter for Almost a Year  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
One of Trump’s Potential Supreme Court Nominees Has Been Mocking Him on Twitter for Almost a Year
Tré Goins-Phillips
May. 18, 2016 5:54pm
Blaze News
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/05/18/one-of-trumps-potential-supreme-court-nominees-has-been-mocking-him-on-twitter-for-almost-a-year/

Donald Trump released Wednesday a list of 11 potential picks for the U.S. Supreme Court, and at least one of them doesn’t seem to like the billionaire businessman too much.

AP Photo/Eric Gay

Throughout nearly the entire primary process, Texas Supreme Court Justice Don Willett, who posts fairly uninhibitedly to Twitter, has been openly mocking Trump, now the presumptive Republican nominee, on the social media platform.

In fact, Willett’s Twitter profile is somewhat of a comprehensive library of anti-Trump jokes.

Donald Trump haiku—

Who would the Donald
Name to #SCOTUS? The mind reels.
*weeps—can't finish tweet* http://t.co/a326AP0mN1

— Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) June 16, 2015

Can't wait till Trump rips off his face Mission Impossible-style & reveals a laughing Ruth Bader Ginsburg. pic.twitter.com/LieabD35zb

— Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) August 27, 2015

"We'll rebuild the Death Star. It'll be amazing, believe me. And the rebels will pay for it."
—Darth Trump pic.twitter.com/y25LADg15J

— Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) April 8, 2016

Low-energy Trump University has never made it to #MarchMadness. Or even to the #NIT. Sad! pic.twitter.com/DWcfJOZkPu

— Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) March 15, 2016

That time @WilliamShatner flew Trump Airlines. pic.twitter.com/ok8dF0BsOj

— Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) March 11, 2016

Trump to "the evangelicals"—

"I'll be the best thing that's ever happened to them."

ps—Happy Easter, everyone! pic.twitter.com/a1mGbY8a9p

— Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) March 9, 2016

Just imagine if Trump were an editorial cartoonist.

— Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) December 23, 2015

#Election2016 is brought to you by the letters S, M, and H. pic.twitter.com/ymJLlJO3Mg

— Justice Don Willett (@JusticeWillett) May 17, 2016

Interestingly, for a man who tweets fairly often, the state Supreme Court justice has not posted anything since being named by Trump.

Interesting.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline LadyLiberty

I follow Judge Willett on twitter.  This is the pic that he posted on the tweet regarding William Shatner and Trump Airlines:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:09:33 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The Trump campaign sure looks foolish for not doing some research before compiling their list. Makes me  think maybe Trump made the list himself instead of one of his minions.  :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

A-Lert

The Trump campaign sure looks foolish for not doing some research before compiling their list. Makes me  think maybe Trump made the list himself instead of one of his minions.  :silly:

Your thinking is wrong. The Federalist Society and Heritage Foundation provided the list.

http://www.wdsu.com/politics/trump-unveils-his-potential-supreme-court-nominees/39611450

Mike Lee's brother, Thomas is on the list.

Trump told Republican House leadership during a meeting on Capitol Hill last week that he would come out with a list, assisted by conservative groups The Federalist Society and the Heritage Foundation, of judicial nominations he would make if he had the opportunity to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court, according to a source familiar with the meeting.

At the time, Trump also said the members present at the meeting should submit names to him and he would put them on the list.

Offline Mechanicos

Consider some things here.
The odds nobody on the Trump team knew about this is Judges opinions on Trump, his tweets etc is impossible.
That he still put this guy on the list indicates he is there because of his performance as a Conservative Judge.
This shows superior Executive skill, not incompetence.
This also shows Trump is doing whats best for the country not himself.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

A-Lert

The odds nobody on the Trump team knew about this is Judges opinions on Trump, his tweets etc is impossible.
That he still put this guy on the list indicates he is there because of his performance as a Conservative Judge.

Attempting to reason with neverTrumps is an exercise in futility.

Offline ExFreeper

• USAF 1975-87
Are you for real? How can anyone take you serious?
 :silly:
"A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself." - Milton Friedman

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It is truly amazing the way Trump supporters rationalize Trump's missteps. First the list is touted as coming from Trump, then it was made by Sessions, now it is from an outside group.

Whoever included a judge who mocks Trump is either incompetent or deliberately screwing with him.

Trump puts nothing before Trump. Never has, never will.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

It is truly amazing the way Trump supporters rationalize Trump's missteps. First the list is touted as coming from Trump, then it was made by Sessions, now it is from an outside group.

Whoever included a judge who mocks Trump is either incompetent or deliberately screwing with him.

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

A-Lert

So you believe the Federalist Society and Heritage Foundation are incompetent or screwing with him? :silly:

A-Lert

The man's incompetence knows no bounds.  He is an embarrassment.

Not nearly as embarrassing as delusional, uninformed  neverTrumps.

Offline mountaineer

Not nearly as embarrassing as delusional, uninformed  neverTrumps.
Instead of criticizing Trump's critics, how about you respond to what Trump's chosen Supreme Court nominee has to say?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

A-Lert

Instead of criticizing Trump's critics, how about you respond to what Trump's chosen Supreme Court nominee has to say?

How about you reading the thread and seeing who chose the prospective justices. I posted the information for those too lazy to look, but even that apparently isn't enough.

Offline mountaineer

I did. I saw. I'm not lazy. You still didn't respond to my request.

A-Lert

I did. I saw. I'm not lazy. You still didn't respond to my request.

What purpose would it serve?  The same things are posted here repeatedly day after day.

Maybe you would like to read this; http://www.politicususa.com/2016/03/23/trump-authorizes-heritage-foundation-nominate-scotus-justices.html

This is an excerpt;

What Trump is proposing in outsourcing the Executive branch’s constitutional duty to the Heritage Foundation is effectively giving the Koch brothers authority to decide the makeup of the Supreme Court. There is very little, if any, difference between the Heritage Foundation and any of the Koch brothers’ network of conservative organizations including the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), Americans for Prosperity, State Policy Network (SPN), Cato Institute, and Manhattan Institute to name but a few. The Koch’s also fund nearly all of the evangelical anti-women’s rights organizations that Heritage supports.

For the uninformed, Heritage Foundation fits the description of a stridently “conservative ‘belief’ tank” and is notorious for “its unorthodox approach to mathematics.” The ‘belief tank’ is led by a raging “teabagger” and former right-wing extremist senator from South Carolina, Jim DeMint.   DeMint is a madman, so it is no surprise that the equally mad Trump met with him last week in Washington D.C.; likely to officially authorize Heritage to begin the decision-making process in who the Kochs want on the Supreme Court.

It is not a surprise Trump would demure to the Heritage Foundation to choose Supreme Court justices. Like Trump, Heritage is in the business of hating anything remotely close to adhering to the Constitution, and hews closely to the Koch’s abhorrence of taxation and the federal government.

Difficult differentiating the hatred of the neverTrumps and liberals.

Offline Frank Cannon

Is that the excuse you used for why Trump hand picked a white separatist in CA to be a delegate?

Offline Mechanicos

Is that the excuse you used for why Trump hand picked a white separatist in CA to be a delegate?

:boring:

Offline mountaineer

What purpose would it serve?  The same things are posted here repeatedly day after day.
Maybe you would like to read this
Maybe you would like to stop playing the victim.

Naah, what am I saying?

A-Lert

Maybe you would like to stop playing the victim.

Naah, what am I saying?

That indeed is a good question.  :silly:

Offline mountaineer

That indeed is a good question.  :silly:
Your response is nonsensical. Please stop playing the victim and actually address the issues.
Or perhaps you'd understand if I threw in some emoticons.   :pondering: :laugh: :police: :dx1: :0001: :beer: :thud: :seeya: :seeya: :smokin: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :shrug: :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: :chairbang: :tongue2: **nononono* **nononono*

Does that help you?

A-Lert

Your response is nonsensical.

Nothing seems to make sense to the neverTrumps. Lay your hate on the Federalist Society and Heritage Foundation.

Offline mountaineer

Nothing seems to make sense to the neverTrumps. Lay your hate on the Federalist Society and Heritage Foundation.
Back atcha, slick. When you get around to addressing the issues, rather than just insulting those who disagree with you, let me know.
Better yet, don't.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

That guy worked really hard doing robocalls for Trump in Feb.

"The white race is dying out in America and Europe because we are afraid to be called 'racist.'  Donald Trump is not racist, but Donald Trump is not afraid. Don't vote for a Cuban. Vote for Donald Trump."

A-Lert

Back atcha, slick. When you get around to addressing the issues, rather than just insulting those who disagree with you, let me know.
Better yet, don't.

Slick? How old are you? The issue is Trumps list of nominees for SCOTUS justice. They were chosen by the Federalist Society and the Heritage Foundation. One is Sen. Mike Lee's brother Thomas. Another is a judge in Texas who has mocked Trump. His choice, free speech. Not too bright an idea IMO, but he's free to criticize. Now what?