Author Topic: Rockford GOP Precinct Captain Files Complaint Against Donald Trump Candidacy  (Read 1373 times)

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2016/05/rockford-gop-precinct-captain-files-complaint-against-donald-trump-candidacy.html

ROCKFORD - A Rockford area GOP precinct captain has filed complaint with his local party officials over presumptive presidential GOP nominee Donald Trump, citing numerous conflicts Trump has expressed with the Illinois Republican Party's platform stances.

"I believe that support of Mr. Trump blatantly disregards our Illinois GOP Platform, which states that our 'Party will not stand for the slightest compromise in the ethics of our political leaders, regardless of party affiliation,' and that our Party 'will be a Party of ethics and integrity, regardless of the cost,'" Austin Davies, Rockford's Area 13 precinct captain told Winnebago County GOP Chairman Jim Thompson in a note accompanying the complaint. 

Davies' complaint lists numerous Illinois Republican Party planks and then contrasts with Trump's stated positions on those same issues. He points to Trump's support for President Obama's 2009 government stimulus plan and call for pay limits on private executives to Trump's demeaning women publicly on various occasions to Trump's off-the-cuff comments.  Davies' describes them as "examples of his deplorable and well documented character."

Davies says Trump has acted in contradiction to the Party's commitment to resolving differences with "civility, trust and mutual respect" and cites Trump's bragging about his corruption and graft, quoting Trump's disparaging comments about political competitors as well as his praise for using government for personal gain through the use of eminent domain.

The 7-page complaint goes on to list Republicans and conservatives who have voiced their opposition to Trump as the GOP presidential candidate for 2016, and concludes with a call according to the Winnebago GOP Party's bylaws to form an ad hoc committee to investigate the complaint.

If the committee concurs with the complaint, the committee would withdraw any endorsement and "make it publicly known that the Party does not support the candidate in question."

Davies, a 34-year-old Northern Illinois University law school graduate (after May 28th), submitted his complaint to Thompson early Monday morning.

While Davies' complaint is sure to stir controversy, it should be no surprise. When Davies told his neighbors he was running to be committeeman in Rockford's 26th Precinct, he was upfront about his commitment to conservative principles.

"At the County Convention I will cast my vote for the most principled Conservative candidates for county Chairman and other party offices," he wrote on a flyer distributed to the neighbors. But he went a step further, writing: "Should a candidate who does not properly represent the party run for office, by my own action or at the behest of a precinct constituent, I will initiate procedures to convene an investigative committee which may result in the party withdrawing its support for such candidate."

Illinois Review asked Davies if he had considered filing a similar complaint against another Republican at the top of the 2016 ticket who has on numerous occasions also voted against the Illinois Republican Party's platform planks - U.S. Senator Mark Kirk.

"I'm new to paying close attention to local politics and new to being active in the party, that's why I haven't acted on Kirk," Davies said.

Further developments pending ...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 04:16:18 am by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Frank Cannon

Good for this guy. You do what you can, when you can.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 04:07:53 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Good for this guy. You do what you can, when you can.
Agree! He's not wasting any time "(s)eeking justice on behalf of fellow citizens victimized by those who choose to transgress the rule of law."

Austin Davies

http://www.niu.edu/law/about/student-profiles/austin_davies.shtml
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Yeah, Illinois for ethics  !! Just finishing law school at 34 ??

But of course his being a lawyer soon, means he is always the smartest person in any room. And he is smarter than the Illinois voters, who gave the win to Trump.

He has the attributes of a Cruz supporter, overriding the will of the voters.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

But of course his being a lawyer soon, means he is always the smartest person in any room. And he is smarter than the Illinois voters, who gave the win to Trump.

Who gives a shit about him. Is this rule in the IL GOP platform or is it not? I either is and should be followed or it is not and this guy just made it up on his IBM Selectric. 

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Who gives a shit about him. Is this rule in the IL GOP platform or is it not? I either is and should be followed or it is not and this guy just made it up on his IBM Selectric.

(I don't think he made it up!) :laugh: Been reading Austin's Facebook; he is outspoken [for all the Right things].

LOL~This is good:

https://www.facebook.com/austindaviespage/photos/a.547208882128730.1073741828.543891669127118/563023003880651/?type=3&theater

He also shared a post on his Facebook from Matt Walsh on a subject that [should be] near and dear to all conservative peoples.

“Abortion is the number one defining issue in our society, because it gets down to the fundamentals of who you are and what you believe. It plants you firmly on the side of objective truth and human dignity or firmly against it." -Matt Walsh

https://www.facebook.com/austindaviespage/posts/550390588477226

Offline ConstitutionRose

Oh for pete's sake.  Maybe he had to work his way through school and if took longer.  Maybe it's a second career.  I was older than that when I got my Computer Science degree.  I had been working and raising my kids.

Your tone suggests you bear ill will towards lawyers.  There are many lawyers that are slime puppies.  And there are many who have a true passion for the law and a genuine commitment  to helping their clients.  May such a lawyer be available to you when you need one.  (I worked for two of the top law firms in the country as a legal assistant for 17 years.  I AM qualified to speak on the subject.)
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.