Author Topic: Will Bernie Sanders burn it all down?  (Read 428 times)

Offline markomalley

Will Bernie Sanders burn it all down?
« on: May 19, 2016, 10:02:26 am »
From the Washington Post:

A fundamental question about the endgame of the Democratic primaries is this: If and when Hillary Clinton finishes with more pledged delegates and popular votes, and wins the nomination with super-delegate support, will Bernie Sanders do what is necessary to persuade his supporters that the outcome was legitimate?

The answer could help determine whether Sanders’s supporters get energized behind Clinton against Donald Trump — and, possibly, whether they will continue to be engaged in politics or become disillusioned with what they have come to believe is a hopelessly rigged and corrupt system.

I certainly want to encourage Bernie to hold the line and to denounce the corrupt system without fear. In fact, I hope if he is denied the nomination that he refuses to accept the result and runs as an independent!

After all, a campaign with four major candidates would be undeniably fascinating to observe.

Offline r9etb

Re: Will Bernie Sanders burn it all down?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:18:14 am »
After all, a campaign with four major candidates would be undeniably fascinating to observe.

The 4th being....?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 11:27:53 am »
The 4th being....?
If Bernie does go rogue, that would give NeverTrump more confidence in being able to field a candidate without being blamed for spoiling the election.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:59:21 pm »
The 4th being....?
Some blue skinned guy I think.
From this party...
http://gunsanddopeparty.net/
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline RedHead

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 02:03:08 pm »

I certainly want to encourage Bernie to hold the line and to denounce the corrupt system without fear. In fact, I hope if he is denied the nomination that he refuses to accept the result and runs as an independent!

The Democrats will make peace.  Clinton will buy off Sanders by giving him a major voice in the party platform and will unite both Sanders and Warren behind her by giving them a say in the VP selection. 

Don't forget it wasn't too many weeks ago that they were predicting this for the Republican convention.

Offline markomalley

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 02:06:53 pm »
The Democrats will make peace.  Clinton will buy off Sanders by giving him a major voice in the party platform and will unite both Sanders and Warren behind her by giving them a say in the VP selection. 

Don't forget it wasn't too many weeks ago that they were predicting this for the Republican convention.
We don't know what some of the more radical Trump supporters (Gary Forbes, Roger Stone and that ilk) would have done had Trump not won it outright.

Bernie, that red-diaper baby, sees his communist revolution and, face it, he has absolutely nothing to lose by promoting it.