Author Topic: Trump might not stick to Supreme Court nominees on his list  (Read 785 times)

Offline thatcher

Well that didn't take long ---

Trump might not stick to Supreme Court nominees on his list

Donald Trump suggested in an interview Wednesday evening that a list he had released hours earlier, revealing 11 individuals he would consider nominating for the Supreme Court, might not actually include his top pick.

"I thought what I would do is put this forward and this would be the list that I would either choose from or pick people very close in terms of the spirit and the meaning of what they represent," the presumptive Republican presidential nominee said in an hour-long interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity.

Read more at: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-might-not-stick-to-supreme-court-nominees-on-his-list/article/2591733

A-Lert

Re: Trump might not stick to Supreme Court nominees on his list
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 05:02:05 am »
"We're either going to choose from this list or people very close to it," he said.

Wow that's almost as scary as this;"I want high-intellect. I want great intellect," the billionaire said, adding that the potential nominees included on his list "are all high-intellect."

"They're pro-life," Trump said.

Among those on the list were Thomas Lee, the brother of Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), and Diane Sykes, the ex-wife of conservative radio host Charlie Sykes, who blasted Trump repeatedly on his program ahead of the Wisconsin primary in April.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 05:16:43 am »

Donald Trump suggested in an interview Wednesday evening that a list he had released hours earlier, revealing 11 individuals he would consider nominating for the Supreme Court, might not actually include his top pick.

Then why release the list at all?

Pandering?  Suckering?  Seeing how much he can yank the strings of Conservatives to see if they will jump for him?

I take back what I said about being slightly impressed with the effort.  It's obvious Trump is just playing everyone for idiots.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:17:15 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

A-Lert

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 05:20:01 am »

Pandering?  Suckering?  Seeing how much he can yank the strings of Conservatives to see if they will jump for him?

I take back what I said about being slightly impressed with the effort.  It's obvious Trump is just playing everyone for idiots.

Because that's what you anti/neverTrumps have been demanding. Now you're going to complain. SOS!

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 05:44:23 am »
Because that's what you anti/neverTrumps have been demanding. Now you're going to complain. SOS!

When this guy turns on all you trumpbots and turns out to be what all us trump-nay sayers suspected, forums and boards will be flashing with EX-trumpbots trying to erase all those FABULOUS tRump posts.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 05:52:15 am »

He and his spox said flat out everything he says is a 'suggestion'. Nothing he says has any value at all.

Offline BuckeyeTexan

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 05:57:53 am »
If he picks from that list, I will be relieved. We'll see what happens.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 06:15:09 am »
When this guy turns on all you trumpbots and turns out to be what all us trump-nay sayers suspected, forums and boards will be flashing with EX-trumpbots trying to erase all those FABULOUS tRump posts.

And what kind of mindless "bot" are you?

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 06:45:11 am »
By November,  Trump, seemingly by design, is going to have made all his supporters look like total fools......

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 06:49:34 am »
This reminds me of 1980 when Reagan backed away from all the policies he outlined in the Primary and moved to the left of Carter. It seems history does repeat itself.

A-Lert

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 06:51:38 am »
By November,  Trump, seemingly by design, is going to have made all his supporters look like total fools......

Pathetic wishful thinking of the neverTrumps.

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 06:54:56 am »
This reminds me of 1980 when Reagan backed away from all the policies he outlined in the Primary and moved to the left of Carter. It seems history does repeat itself.

Then he ordered B-52 bombers to wipe out Moscow, but fuel was in short supply so  the mission was put on hold to this day.