Author Topic: Ivanka Trump defends father: 'He's not a groper'  (Read 627 times)

Offline sinkspur

Ivanka Trump defends father: 'He's not a groper'
« on: May 18, 2016, 01:42:11 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2591641/

Ivanka Trump defends father: 'He's not a groper'

By KELLY COHEN (@POLITICOHEN_) • 5/18/16 9:29 AM

Ivanka Trump is pushing back against allegations in a New York Times story about her father's behavior toward women in private.

"I found it to be pretty disturbing, based on the facts as I know them," Trump's daughter told CBS host Norah O'Donnell in an interview that aired Wednesday morning. "I'm not in every interaction my father has, but he's not a groper — it's not who he is."

Donald Trump has gone on the attack since the Times story published over the weekend, even calling on the reporter to resign. One of the women in the story, an ex-girlfriend, has also said that the Times twisted her words to give them a negative connotation.

"Michael Barbaro, the author of the now discredited @nytimes hit piece on me with women, has in past tweeted badly about me. He should resign," the presumed Republican presidential tweeted Wednesday night.

Stay abreast of the latest developments from nation's capital and beyond with curated News Alerts from the Washington Examiner news desk and delivered to your inbox.

The Times has stood by the reporting.

Ivanka Trump said she knows the truth about her father because she is both his daughter and his business partner, and that the story has been "widely discredited since [its publication]."

"The lead person who was interviewed — for the story and that the story opens up with — was all over the news yesterday, saying that they manipulated what she was saying," Ivanka Trump said Wednesday. "So you know, I don't find it that meaningful to comment on this particular story because I think the facts are starting to speak for themselves."

When asked about her father's verbal attacks against women, such as Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton, Ivanka said she believes those attacks "should be toned down, but not necessarily in relation to" them being against women.

"When I think about myself as a feminist, it's important that women are treated equally and he treats women and men equally," she explained.

"How does he change" his favorability among women, O'Donnell asked.

"You would have to ask him. I think that he's running his campaign. I think that people are just starting to see who he is," Ivanka said. "You know, the race is different now and I think that people will be able to see the softer side of him. He's going to be attacked in a different way, but it's different when you're being attacked by one person as opposed to 16."

Ivanka Trump's "not a groper" comment come a day after Trump's wife, Melania, said "he's not Hitler."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Ivanka Trump defends father: 'He's not a groper'
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 01:45:12 pm »
Yesterday, Melania:  "He's not Hitler."

Today, Ivanka:  "He's not a groper."

What's next?  Trump:  "I'm not a crook."

Trump is obsessed with this NYT's story about women.  The more he talks about it, the more people will read it. And it is NOT complimentary.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 02:01:21 pm »
It's good of Ivanka to stick by her father, but I'm surprised she jumped into this particular discussion; will there be a reporter who will ask her about this picture? [Not to mention DJT's interest in dating her if she wasn't his daughter.] Maybe her dad has embarrassed her so much, she is just used to it, but it's not "normal."

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 02:02:42 pm »
It's good of Ivanka to stick by her father, but I'm surprised she jumped into this particular discussion; will there be a reporter who will ask her about this picture? [Not to mention DJT's interest in dating her if she wasn't his daughter.] Maybe her dad has embarrassed her so much, she is just used to it, but it's not "normal."

Good find. All the Trumps are classic enablers.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 02:06:13 pm »

Thats creepy!
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 03:22:29 pm »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 03:29:34 pm »
Ivanka is unable to speak to her father's behavior in the thirty plus years before she was born. It was not smart to comment on this topic.

Principles matter. Words matter.