Author Topic: The Definitive Timeline: Cruz-Carson-CNN Controversy  (Read 411 times)

Offline Mechanicos

The Definitive Timeline: Cruz-Carson-CNN Controversy
« on: May 17, 2016, 07:50:57 pm »
The Definitive Timeline: Cruz-Carson-CNN Controversy
[Because it has come up 3 times recently]
by Joel B. Pollak4 Feb 2016

Dr. Ben Carson slammed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Thursday for sending messages to his campaign volunteers before and during the Iowa caucuses, erroneously informing them that Carson intended to drop out of the race and that they should urge voters to switch to Cruz.

In addition, Breitbart News’ Alex Swoyer reported Thursday that the Cruz campaign also made phone calls to activists in Iowa, telling them to inform Iowa caucus voters that Carson had dropped out of the race and they should support Cruz instead.

Cruz apologized to Carson on Tuesday, and has since tried to explain what he calls a “mistake,” as CNN reported:
“Last night when our political team saw the CNN post saying Dr. Carson was not carrying on to New Hampshire and South Carolina, our campaign updated the grassroots leaders just as we would with any breaking news story. That’s fair game,” Cruz said in a statement. “What the team should have done is send around the follow-up statement from the Carson campaign clarifying that he was indeed staying in the race when that came out. That was a mistake from our end, and for that I apologize to Dr. Carson.”

In fact, the Cruz campaign’s messages to activists were sent after the Carson campaign had already clarified that Carson was not dropping out.

However, it is not clear that the messages affected the final result: Carson actually out-performed his poll average by 1.6%.

The following is a definitive timeline of events on Monday night. All times are local Iowa time–i.e. Central Standard Time (CST).

6:41-6:43 p.m. CNN’s Chris Moody tweets news about Ben Carson (three tweets)

Chris Moody broke the original story:

[continued with indisputable documented time-stamped evidence]
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/04/cruz-carson-email-trump-iowa-cnn/

similar can be found at
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/06/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-falsely-says-cnn-first-said-ben-carson-wa/
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/cruz-carson-dirty-tricks-iowa-caucuses-timeline

many others not all left wing

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: The Definitive Timeline: Cruz-Carson-CNN Controversy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 08:45:37 pm »
Because I recognize you as a known Trump supporter,   I'm going to suppose this timeline  supports the narrative that "Cruz Lied"   or some such.   

I'll look through it and see what I find,   but I have a copy of another timeline that demonstrates he didn't. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —