Author Topic: Did Politico just bust the Donald Trump narrative on new voters?  (Read 2891 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/05/17/did-politico-just-bust-the-donald-trump-narrative-on-new-voters/?utm_content=bufferc28be&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Did Politico just bust the Donald Trump narrative on new voters?

:whistle:
Donald Trump loves to say on the campaign trail that he’s brought in “millions of new voters” to the Republican party, but according to a new analysis by Politico’s Shane Goldmacher that’s just not true: An excerpt:

While Trump’s insurgent candidacy has spurred record-setting Republican primary turnout in state after state, the early statistics show that the vast majority of those voters aren’t actually new to voting or to the Republican Party, but rather they are reliable past voters in general elections. They are only casting ballots in a Republican primary for the first time.
It is a distinction with profound consequences for the fall campaign.
If Trump isn’t bringing the promised wave of new voters into the GOP, it’s far less likely the Manhattan businessman can transform a 2016 Electoral College map that begins tilted against the Republican Party. And whether Trump’s voters are truly new is a question of urgent interest both to GOP operatives and Hillary Clinton and her allies, who have dispatched their top analytics experts to find the answer.
Now we find out this out?
Read the whole thing here.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Did Politico just bust the Donald Trump narrative on new voters?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 04:00:32 pm »
http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2016/05/17/did-politico-just-bust-the-donald-trump-narrative-on-new-voters/?utm_content=bufferc28be&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Did Politico just bust the Donald Trump narrative on new voters?

:whistle:
Donald Trump loves to say on the campaign trail that he’s brought in “millions of new voters” to the Republican party, but according to a new analysis by Politico’s Shane Goldmacher that’s just not true: An excerpt:

While Trump’s insurgent candidacy has spurred record-setting Republican primary turnout in state after state, the early statistics show that the vast majority of those voters aren’t actually new to voting or to the Republican Party, but rather they are reliable past voters in general elections. They are only casting ballots in a Republican primary for the first time.
If Trump isn’t bringing the promised wave of new voters into the GOP, it’s far less likely the Manhattan businessman can transform a 2016 Electoral College map that begins tilted against the Republican Party. And whether Trump’s voters are truly new is a question of urgent interest both to GOP operatives and Hillary Clinton and her allies, who have dispatched their top analytics experts to find the answer.
Now we find out this out?
Read the whole thing here.

Clinton doesn't seem worried.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 04:24:35 pm »
Why would she be, when Trump is her mark, to get her in the WH.
The donor to the Clinton Crime Family will ensure a Clinton victory unless the delegates wake up at the convention and nominate Cruz.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:27:54 pm »
#neverTrumpers being told what to think by Politico. If their analysis had any credibility why then is Trump record breaking all other GOP primary voting records ever? #neverTrump is very gullible.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 04:29:01 pm »
Just as I thought.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 04:31:29 pm »
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/donald-trump-2016-polling-turnout-early-voting-data-213897

Donald Trump is Not Expanding the GOP

A POLITICO analysis of early-voting data show little evidence for one of the Republican nominee’s core claims.

By Shane Goldmacher

May 17, 2016

Donald Trump likes to say he has created a political movement that has drawn “millions and millions” of new voters into the Republican Party. “It’s the biggest thing happening in politics,” Trump has said. “All over the world, they’re talking about it,” he's bragged.

But a Politico analysis of the early 2016 voting data show that, so far, it’s just not true.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline r9etb

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 04:31:44 pm »
The donor to the Clinton Crime Family will ensure a Clinton victory unless the delegates wake up at the convention and nominate Cruz.

Who is, unfortunately, really unlikeable.  There's just something about the man that elicits a visceral dislike and distrust. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 04:31:58 pm »
All the dimocraps that crossed over in the open primaries to case mischief will go running back to Hitlery in the general as well. Just one more false narrative from the Trump train wreck.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2016, 04:34:15 pm »
#neverTrumpers being told what to think by Politico. If their analysis had any credibility why then is Trump record breaking all other GOP primary voting records ever? #neverTrump is very gullible.

Precisely as the article says: he's just getting people who regularly vote republican in the general election but who have never voted in a primary to vote in the primary.  He's simply working with a closed universe of pre-existing republican voters and isn't bringing in anyone who has never voted republican before.  Since he's not bringing in anyone who has never voted republican before, he isn't getting any nontraditional support that will offset either the traditional democrat advantage or the republican voters he's hemorraging, which means he's almost guaranteed to lose in the general. 

You really need to stop confusing the primaries with the general election. 

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 04:57:29 pm »
Precisely as the article says: he's just getting people who regularly vote republican in the general election but who have never voted in a primary to vote in the primary.  He's simply working with a closed universe of pre-existing republican voters and isn't bringing in anyone who has never voted republican before.  Since he's not bringing in anyone who has never voted republican before, he isn't getting any nontraditional support that will offset either the traditional democrat advantage or the republican voters he's hemorraging, which means he's almost guaranteed to lose in the general. 

You really need to stop confusing the primaries with the general election.

Which explains why he is struggling to break even in red states and having his behind handed to him in the blue ones.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 06:25:40 pm »
And you believe political not your own eyes and ears why?
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 06:35:02 pm »

Actually you seem to be the only person in this scenario lacking any credibility. All you do is show up and say the opposite of any negative bit of Trump info.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 06:47:25 pm »
And you believe political not your own eyes and ears why?

I take all sources into account, including my own eyes and ears, which tell me that Trump is intensely unpopular with most people other than that small minority of republicans who vote in primaries.  As such, what I am seeing and hearing is completely consistent with the basic premise of the article. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2016, 06:49:26 pm »
Actually you seem to be the only person in this scenario lacking any credibility. All you do is show up and say the opposite of any negative bit of Trump info.
Because until either Cruz endorses Trump or Trump breaks the 1237 Cruz disciples will keep getting suckered in by the left wing lie machines hoping for a miracle.

I have a great reputation actually.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2016, 06:52:52 pm »
Because until either Cruz endorses Trump or Trump breaks the 1237 Cruz disciples will keep getting suckered in by the left wing lie machines hoping for a miracle.

You do have a reputation, but not one to be that proud of.  You are also singularly blind to the fact that #NeverTrump has nothing to do with sour grapes and everything to do with Trump being the bridge too far, being the straw that broke the camel's back, being whatever metaphor you want for something we cannot support in principle. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 06:54:57 pm »
You do have a reputation, but not one to be that proud of.  You are also singularly blind to the fact that #NeverTrump has nothing to do with sour grapes and everything to do with Trump being the bridge too far, being the straw that broke the camel's back, being whatever metaphor you want for something we cannot support in principle.
Oh I do not much care what Cruz Disciples care of me. They are white noise until they wake up. Nope, I require no validity from foolish Hillary supporters.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2016, 06:58:50 pm »

Not sure where. Aside from 4 people here that also parrot your party line that is. I'm willing to verify your claim. Where and with who should I ask? Roger Stone?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 07:02:00 pm »
I wouldn't put stock in anything from Politico.

It's where the GOP Oligarchy and the DNC leaks and dumps their narratives to be trotted out as legit journalism.

That said - I know a lot of Democrats who crossed over to vote for Trump in the Primaries, because they saw it as a strategic vote that will benefit The Mao Pantsuit in November.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 07:21:59 pm »
I wouldn't put stock in anything from Politico.

It's where the GOP Oligarchy and the DNC leaks and dumps their narratives to be trotted out as legit journalism.

That said - I know a lot of Democrats who crossed over to vote for Trump in the Primaries, because they saw it as a strategic vote that will benefit The Mao Pantsuit in November.
NO! they crossed over, swayed by the severely conservative oratory of Mr. Trump! Like...

"Sorry Conservatives"
"Anything I say is just a suggestion"
"Big beautiful door"
"Government is responsible for healthcare"

You just hate America and stuff...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 07:24:33 pm »
NO! they crossed over, swayed by the severely conservative oratory of Mr. Trump! Like...

"Sorry Conservatives"
"Anything I say is just a suggestion"
"Big beautiful door"
"Government is responsible for healthcare"

You just hate America and stuff...

Yes, yes.

Being a doubter and opponent of Trump's candidacy is to hate America, so I am repeatedly reminded.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 07:36:54 pm »
Yes, yes.

Being a doubter and opponent of Trump's candidacy is to hate America, so I am repeatedly reminded.

You just need to unencumbered yourself of belief, principle and personal integrity. Just like lots of 'conservatives'.

It is the will of Landru...(wide eyed vacant stare)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 08:51:55 pm »
You mean, the left wing lie machines that are touting Trump as the presumptive nominee?  The ones saying Cruz is done, gone, over?  THOSE left wing lie machines?

Because I have yet to see ANY media give credence to anything PRO-Cruz.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 09:02:26 pm »
You mean, the left wing lie machines that are touting Trump as the presumptive nominee?  The ones saying Cruz is done, gone, over?  THOSE left wing lie machines?

Because I have yet to see ANY media give credence to anything PRO-Cruz.
I'm not a fan of the Media, but the reason Cruz did so badly is because more Conservatives found him to be dishonest then you did.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 09:05:25 pm »
Who is, unfortunately, really unlikeable.  There's just something about the man that elicits a visceral dislike and distrust.

That is just not true.  Only the trumpers can find anything unlikable about Ted Cruz. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.