Author Topic: ******DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE******  (Read 2149 times)

publana

******DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE******
« on: May 17, 2016, 05:05:36 am »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:24:10 am by Rikki Tikki Tavi »

Offline Frank Cannon

The Oldest Person In the World Attributes Her Long Life to Eating Eggs and Being Single

If that is what it takes to get that old, I'll pass.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

My 89 year old mother-in law has outlived her husband by 30 years. (Italian, BTW-mother of six)

My 91 year old mother has outlived my father by over 20 years.(mother of 5)

Had those men lived, both would be married for nearly 70 years at this time. Both men were veterans of WWII combat with purple hearts to show for it)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

I live in a place called Logan's Run. No one makes it past 30.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
http://time.com/4337417/new-oldest-person/

By this logic, I shall live to see 100. Single and I eat eggs most days or egg beaters

Here's the scoop on singleness.- I assumed I would marry and have children. I wanted that more than anything once I graduated from college. Unfortunately, either because of old fashioned values, of where I live, I've never been able to attract a like minded gentleman. Almost every guy I've dated turned out to be a real jerk, or the real nice ones didn't want children and I didn't want to settle.

The problem people see with singleness is that you are alone.,I don't mind being alone. In fact most of the time I prefer my own company. It's hard to explain.

I still wish I had a family- a husband, two children, but I take comfort that G-d must have other plans for me. Maybe I'll live to be 100!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

I can relate, Freya, having been single until one month before my 40th birthday. I also assumed I'd be married within a few years after college, but when it didn't happen I decided to embark on my life and ask God to guide me, wherever it went. Since marriage, I can say there are times when I still don't mind being alone (old habits die hard).  :laugh:

Having said that, I bet we have a single gentleman or two among our BR posters ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Eggs contain sulfur, which doesn't do well for your GI tract or anyone downwind of you.

Hence I think the two are related.

A-Lert

Raw eggs, yuck!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

By this logic, I shall live to see 100. Single and I eat eggs most days or egg beaters

Here's the scoop on singleness.- I assumed I would marry and have children. I wanted that more than anything once I graduated from college. Unfortunately, either because of old fashioned values, of where I live, I've never been able to attract a like minded gentleman. Almost every guy I've dated turned out to be a real jerk, or the real nice ones didn't want children and I didn't want to settle.

The problem people see with singleness is that you are alone.,I don't mind being alone. In fact most of the time I prefer my own company. It's hard to explain.

I still wish I had a family- a husband, two children, but I take comfort that G-d must have other plans for me. Maybe I'll live to be 100!

Nearly same story here. I've dated and nearly married so many women who started off good and then turned to psycho-nutters. In my late 40's and single for 6 years. It bugs me that I don't have a family, but I've never met someone who if things got tough, would have my back. We live in different times, and most people anymore don't live in reality. It's not a hard choice to be single for me.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nearly same story here. I've dated and nearly married so many women who started off good and then turned to psycho-nutters. In my late 40's and single for 6 years. It bugs me that I don't have a family, but I've never met someone who if things got tough, would have my back. We live in different times, and most people anymore don't live in reality. It's not a hard choice to be single for me.

Wow. That's depressing.

You gotta stop finding your women at strip clubs and 12 step groups.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Wow. That's depressing.

You gotta stop finding your women at strip clubs and 12 step groups.

C'mon, everybody knows you go to the trailer park if you want a good one...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
C'mon, everybody knows you go to the trailer park if you want a good one...

You might end up with The Trailer Park Boys!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Silver Pines

Not all of us fit into the "marry young and have a big family" template.  I didn't marry until age 33.  I dated plenty, but I just didn't meet the right one until then.  I can't have children---a fact I never admitted on TOS because it would likely have garnered remarks that I was going to die alone, be unfulfilled, etc.  Those people have very little tolerance of women without children.  But my husband and I are very happy.

Being an only child, I've always needed time to myself. 

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Maybe I'll live to be 100!

Frey, they didn't have egg beaters in 1900.  I strongly recommend chickens.  They provide wholesome eggs and company at the same time.  You may even become proficient at raccoon hunting.   :seeya:

Offline mirraflake

How old are you? It's never too late.

I met my wife at age 34 and married at age 36-both of us are the same age, well within 8 months.  18 great years of marriage this November.

Just got back from Va Beach-wife had a continuing education class.  We drove back on National Rd Rt 40 across 3 states and hit all the small towns and checked things out along the way and ate at small mom and pop restaurants for a change of pace. Would not have been fun if I was single and traveling alone.

No children but 2 horses, 2 cats and 2 dogs. Neither of us wanted kids..we both knew it from a young age and that is what hurt us both in our dating years.

Offline mirraflake

I don't fault anyone for not having children.  There are plenty of times that I would have been envious.  ;)

@CatherineofAragon
@mirraflake

Over the years we've heard from several of our "divorced" or unhappily married friends their marriage went to crap after the kids were born. Not downplaying having kids, I know most people are overjoyed with kids. My wife and I cringed whenever our parents/aunts/uncles/friends pestered us with "When are you going to have children?"

Glad my wife is out of childbearing age so we don't have to listen  to that crap anymore. :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:06:39 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

I'd think that would get very old having unaccepting friends and relatives.  I never say it to my youngest.  They've said they're not going to have children and I accept it.  Honestly, those without appear to be happier than those with.

Before I was married,  more than one person ask if I was gay or alluded to it. I'm not femine  but single guys in their early 30's are looked upon with suspicion. I went to my 15th year reunion single (even though I broke up with my long term GF shortly before-over my strong stance on no kids) and one gal asked "What is wrong with you that you are still single, you are a good looking guy"

Besides being lonely it sucks to be single in many ways in how people see you or treat you.  Plenty of my married guy friends said their wives looked upon me warily I was going to talk them out of marriage via telling them how great single life was. In all truth I always thought single life sucked.

@Unlimited
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:29:57 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Before I was married,  more than one person ask if I was gay or alluded to it. I'm not femine  but single guys in their early 30's are looked upon with suspicion. I went to my 15th year reunion single (even though I broke up with my long term GF shortly before-over my strong stance on no kids) and one gal asked "What is wrong with you that you are still single, you are a good looking guy"

Besides being lonely it sucks to be single in many ways in how people see you or treat you.  Plenty of my married guy friends said their wives looked upon me warily I was going to talk them out of marriage via telling them how great single life was. In all truth I always thought single life sucked.

@Unlimited

For many years it sucked, especially in my 30's and early 40's, though that was the time I dated the most I hadn't gotten married.

Since Obama, things have changed. The social fabric has disintigrated, exacerbated by social media. People have changed, and from my angle, women have changed. If life ever got truly economically serious with even some civil breakdown, there aren't many I'd trust anymore.

I don't mind being single now. The lack of children sucks at times, but seeing the strife of many marriages because of societal degradation, it's a pretty risky venture at this point in time.
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

All those eggs gave her a bad case of the walking farts and no one wanted to date her.  That is why she is single.

Silver Pines

Having children isn't a recipe for happiness.  A great relationship with your spouse is.  You found the key.

I have 5 children with a ten year gap in the middle of the two sets.  One would think I'd have a ton of grandchildren, but I only have four.  Two kids wanted their children to be "only" children.  I assume because they had so many sibs.  The youngest two plan to not have any children at all.  They say they watched the older three drive me nuts and do not plan to go through it.  Funny thing is that I don't remember them driving me nuts.  I only remember the good things.  The youngers roll their eyes when I say that.  Dementia can be a good thing, evidently.  LOL

While I enjoyed my children and still do, my life would not have been empty without them.  It would have just been different.  We would have fulfilled our lives with each other and in other ways.

I don't fault anyone for not having children.  There are plenty of times that I would have been envious.  ;)

@CatherineofAragon
@mirraflake

@mirraflake
@Freya

Thanks, friends.  I really do like children, and I love the idea of big families, but things have turned out fine and we're very happy. 

I remember when we were dating, and my husband mentioned to his stepfather that we wouldn't be having children.  At the time, he and my mother-in-law were being run ragged by their grandkids.  My husband asked what he thought of it, and FIL blurted out, "I think you're brilliant!"  LOL

Offline mirraflake

I'm surpised they weren't constantly trying to set you up.

Oh it did. Went on a few blind dates. Never again.

Went on one, my friends wife said my date had  a few extra pounds though she was pretty. Well she had  a pretty face but weighed maybe 250-270 lbs.. just not into large women. Plus she said she did not like dogs. Deal breaker right there.
@Unlimited

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

You might end up with The Trailer Park Boys!

Snort!
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

That's hilarious!  I also understand.  LOL

My parent's next-door neighbors never had children.  The wife's father lived with them as well.  The grandfather would come ring out doorbell and ask if I wanted to play.  Sounds creepy, but he used to give me candy, teach me what the names of the trees were, and tell me stories.  I loved him dearly and cherish the memories of him.  He was like a grandfather to me.

When the wife felt like being around children, she visited her sister.  She took them presents and did the kid thing about once every two weeks.  She would tell my Mom that was all she could stand. 

She is 92 now and still lives next door to my Mom.  Her niece and nephew still love her dearly and come over at least once a week to check on her and take her wherever she needs to go.  They visit her more often than many children visit their parents. 

I think she was brilliant.  LOL

That's a nice story.  We have nieces and nephews, too...."rent-a-kids", LOL.