Author Topic: Nate Silver Gives Trump 25 Percent Chance to Beat Clinton  (Read 689 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=729008

Newsmax
Nate Silver Gives Trump 25 Percent Chance to Beat Clinton
Monday, May 16, 2016 11:30 AM

By: Joe Crowe

Nate Silver, editor-in-chief of poll analysis website FiveThirtyEight, said Donald Trump has a 25 percent chance of winning the 2016 presidential election.

In an interview on CNN's "Reliable Sources," Silver said Hillary Clinton is more likely to win than her Republican opponent "if you held the election today."

Silver said he has been surprised by Trump's success. His site had predicted before the primaries that Trump had a 5-percent chance of capturing the Republican presidential nomination and would "flame out" during the primaries.

"This is one of the crazier things we've seen in politics for a long time," Silver said in the CNN interview.

The 25-percent prediction for Trump could also change, Silver explained, because of the possibility of world events continuing to shape voters' opinions. "You can have recessions, you can have terror attacks," said the editor-in-chief.

Silver noted that in his site's analyses, while he predicted that she would win, he said Hillary Clinton "is not a very popular candidate herself."

A Salon editorial about the 538 site pointed out that Trump's rise raises questions about Silver's website and its analysis of polls.

Silver has mentioned before that poll results should not lead to overconfidence, but the Salon editorial said that 538 might have become too confident in its own predictions when it made the 5-percent prediction about Trump.

In the CNN interview, Silver called on journalists to be more accountable about covering political news. He said Trump ran on "a lot of misinformation, and we're the information industry."

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Bill Cipher

Re: Nate Silver Gives Trump 25 Percent Chance to Beat Clinton
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 04:13:22 pm »
Trump ran on misinformation.  That's an understatement. 

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 04:13:35 pm »
I'm certainly no Trumpette, but this guy, Silver, is tarnished. When is the last time he got something right? Why is anyone still listening to him?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 04:14:06 pm »
His site had predicted before the primaries that Trump had a 5-percent chance of capturing the Republican presidential nomination and would "flame out" during the primaries.

Sounds like Nate needs to give his crystal ball a good scrubbing.   :laugh:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 04:23:17 pm »
I am gonna go out on a limb here and predict Trump wins in a landslide...I have nothing to base it on other than a hunch.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 04:30:19 pm »
He admits to being not just wrong but horrendously wrong with his prior Prediction on Trump - Off by 95%  :silly:
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 04:38:53 pm »
The media told us that Trump's supporters are angry old white men. So I went to a Trump rally to find out for myself.

The attendance was NOT angry white men. People are waking up to the crap being fed to them, by media wishing to argue certain agendas.

I wonder how much other misinformation is baked into Silver's prediction models?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 04:48:18 pm »
He said Trump ran on "a lot of misinformation, and we're the information industry."

He said Trump ran on "a lot of misinformation, and we're the misinformation industry."

Fixed it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 04:51:48 pm »
Nate Silver Gives Trump 25 Percent Chance to Beat Clinton

I give Trump a 90% chance of making an ass out of himself again today.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 04:55:50 pm »
The media told us that Trump's supporters are angry old white men. So I went to a Trump rally to find out for myself.

The attendance was NOT angry white men. People are waking up to the crap being fed to them, by media wishing to argue certain agendas.

I wonder how much other misinformation is baked into Silver's prediction models?
Trump worked for 10 years for NBC. He feeds the masses the same crap, just a different flavor.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024