Author Topic: Meteorologist Puts on Sweater After Dress Triggers Viewer Backlash (California)  (Read 549 times)

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/05/16/ktla-meteorologist-handed-sweater-cover-her-dress-middle-weather-report

Today's forecast: awkward...

A California meteorologist's weather report was interrupted in a most unusual and uncomfortable way.

KTLA's Liberte Chan was starting to deliver the forecast on Saturday morning when one of her colleague's hands suddenly appeared in the frame, offering her a gray sweater.

A voice off-screen explained that viewers were complaining about Chan's black cocktail dress.

"We're getting a lot of emails," the voice said.

"What!?! Really?!" Chan said.

After putting the sweater on, she added, "I look like a librarian now."

"That works," the off-screen voice replied.

Chan later posted a video to Facebook of anchor Chris Burrous reading some of the complaints about the “totally inappropriate” dress that “should not have been allowed.”

"Looks like she didn’t make it home from her cocktail party last night," one email read.

Watch the awkwardness above.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LadyLiberty

It was an odd choice.  Not offensive, just odd.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Couldn't the producers have waited for a commercial break?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I wonder if the whole thing was a publicity stunt, and it since it made the news, a successful publicity stunt. :pondering:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline oldmomster

Wonder what they expect from females who are being taught there's nothing wrong with showering with men....modesty?  lol.   

Business attire was skirt suit for business executives, dress or skirt with vest or scarf for their staff.  Then pants suits....then pants with jackets....then pants please no sheer blouses....then skorts.   

Young women used to be taught that they were valuable, were taught modesty as a virtue.

Talk about the olden days  :shrug:

geronl

Soon enough only men will be allowed to wear dresses

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Alright. Who took California's brain cell?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It was an odd choice.  Not offensive, just odd.

Totally appropriate dress, at that pretty classy of an outfit.

This smells of a publicity stunt.

Offline Resp3

I wonder if the whole thing was a publicity stunt, and it since it made the news, a successful publicity stunt. :pondering:

+1

Online mountaineer

There's no such thing as bad publicity in show biz (or so they say).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

A-Lert

It's California! What's the big deal?